PDA

View Full Version : ATK Gaming Nights - October Schedule

Isphera
26th September 2011, 10:26 PM
After many weeks of schedule flipping, opinion polling and the like, we are finally ready to get the new and improved gaming nights underway!

For those new to the community, or those who want a refresh on what the concept is, ATK Gaming Nights are times which have been arranged specifically for the purpose of brining the community together for a couple hours to play the most popular games of the moment together, as well as a couple games which are old classics, along with a couple that you wouldn't normally associate with multiplayer events like this.

The main change from before is the date and time. Before, they were usually held on a Friday, but following the last few not being that well received and from feedback we got from you guys over the last few weeks, we have made a decision to move them to SUNDAY FROM 7pm UNTIL 9pm (so keep it free). This will allow many of us to take an hour or two off before going into the work/school week to just have fun and hang out with some friends. There will be individual posts on a Wednesdays to remind you, as well as Steam events. Remember, these (and the community) are completely open to new members, so feel free to invite your other online (or offline) friends to the gaming night and our mumble server – hopefully they can stick around for more fun events!

The other change is that each month's schedule will be announced in advance. Whilst subject to change due to reception, we would like to give everyone as much notice as possible as to what will be played so that you can install the games before the weekend, or go out and buy them if you want to join in. We may also be running random competitions with prizes at some stage, so keep a look out for that.

As always, although of course optional, I strongly recommend coming on to our Mumble server about 20 minutes before the gaming night starts, so we can get everything going quickly, as well as communicate during the games. If needs be, channel splits can be done for the two or more teams to communicate securely. Join us at 85.236.100.59:4089

And now, the ATK Gaming Night October 2011 Schedule!

Sunday 2nd October: Team Fortress 2

The overwelmingly popular choice to be the first Gaminig Night. TF2 has been a huge part of ATK for many years, as it was also they very first gaming night we ran. With the new Helix team beginning to take shape, and the recent move to a free-to-play system, this fast-paced cartoony shooter should get everyone fired up for the next month.

Sunday 9th October: StarCraft 2 Custom Maps

A large number of people who play StarCraft 2 normally stay to just the ladders and campaign, but never explore the depths of the custom maps available to them. Coming in many different modes, such as the Tug of War maps which require you to marshall minerals and create the counters to your enemy, or a very intense 8-player free-for-all Tower Defence map, we will be experimenting just a few of SC2's finest custom creations.

Sunday 16th October: Counter Strike Source

With Global Initiative in development, many people have dusted off their CSS cases and broken out one of the most successful FPS franchises in recent times. This also has a special place in the hearts of the long-term ATK veterans, as we started as a small group of school friends playing CSS as a team. Hopefully the new blood of the community can show the stalwarts how it's done.

Sunday 23rd October: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

I'm going to admit of the bat that this one is a little self serving, and I can imagine quite a few people not liking this. But the third-person action game from THQ continues on from their Dawn of War series as another excellent title based on Games Workshop's W40k universe, and it is around this time that the new co-op player mode will be released, and with quite a few members possessing this game or wanting to get ahold of it at sometime, this Gaming Night surely will not let up.

Sunday 30th October: Battlefield 3 (pending a non-delayed release)

That's right, we are closing out the month with the most anticipated FPS of the year. Many of us here have been massive fans of the Battlefield series since BF2, some even as far back as the first 1942 game, many even going so far to actually not bothering with the Call of Duty series just to stick with DICE's game. With the FrostBite 2 engine, it's not gonna be an easy task to run if your hardware isn't up to date, but let's get our first taste of the action-packed multiplayer together.

As always, all feedback is greatly appreciated, as are all comments and suggestions regarding what games you want to see in November. Stay tuned to this thread as selected games may change, but seperate thread announcements will be made if that is the case.

Colonel Mitch
26th September 2011, 11:03 PM
TL;DR

Vicious Horizon
26th September 2011, 11:14 PM
TL;DR

Joe
26th September 2011, 11:18 PM
Not gonna lie Oric, I didn't read anything except the massive letters and I have training on Sunday from 5.45-7.30, so I basically can't make the first hour of any of them, other than this I approve

ez64
27th September 2011, 11:10 AM
someone please remind me about this defiantly will be up for everything there apart from bf3 as I dont really play it at all.

Chazlene
27th September 2011, 11:12 AM
apart from bf3 as I dont really play it at all.

Of course you don't, it's not out yet... :p

Setsoru
27th September 2011, 12:13 PM
sounds lush to me

Isphera
27th September 2011, 01:36 PM
someone please remind me about this defiantly will be up for everything there apart from bf3 as I dont really play it at all.

Keep visiting the forum, we will be posting updates closer to each one, as well as have some specially made ads. And yeah, BF3 isn't out until the 25th, so might explain your lack of playing it.

Hutch
27th September 2011, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I won't be able to make any of these due to hangover recovery times.

Chazlene
27th September 2011, 11:02 PM

Hey everyone look how COOL this guy is.

ez64
27th September 2011, 11:47 PM
Keep visiting the forum, we will be posting updates closer to each one, as well as have some specially made ads. And yeah, BF3 isn't out until the 25th, so might explain your lack of playing it.

I genuinely thought it was released quite a while ago, fail :D

nikoli
28th September 2011, 04:54 PM
OH shut up you wanker.

Toasty-Sloth
28th September 2011, 05:40 PM
I agree with space marine being a game to be played, it's amaze.

Bloo
29th September 2011, 10:09 AM

I probably won't be going because I'll be playing pen and paper Dungeons and Dragons like a motherfucker at those times.

Chazlene
29th September 2011, 10:57 AM
I probably won't be going because I'll be playing pen and paper Dungeons and Dragons like a motherfucker at those times.

NOT BEING INSECURE ABOUT HOW COOL YOU ARE WIN.