PDA

View Full Version : Stepping Down as Gaming Manager

Isphera
14th October 2011, 10:31 AM
I will keep this one short, unlike many of my posts before along this vein.

Due to unforseen time constraints that have come up in the first few weeks of my return to uni, it has become necessary for me to eliminate something from my week in order to free up time, or at least fit everything in. Unfortunatly, one aspect of that, my committments to the American Football club at university take up Sunday's and Tuesday evenings, the two days critical for being able to do my job as Gaming Manager properly.

Therefore, it has become obvious that for the best of the community I step aside as Gaming Manager. Having pushed Chalex for the reforms to the management strucure for quite some time, I was more than happy to take a role in the new structure and to help establish a platform for Gaming Nights and Helix to succeed right now as well as in the future. Now my time has become limited, I hope that the next person in the role will be able to carry on what I started.

On which note, the person selected to become ATK's second Gaming Manager is Vicious Horizon. In my opinion, you would be hard pressed to find someone more dedicated to the community and with as much drive as Vicious. Whilst we may have different demeanours and styles of getting shit done, Vicious is very similar in the way I operate in that he is focused and will always act to push for the betterment of the community, whether it be Gaming Night scheduling or arranging facilitations for Helix.

What this means for the Gaming Nights is nothing for October - the published schedule will remain the same, continuing with Counter-Strike Source this Sunday. What it does mean is that the handover of roles will progressively happen over the month, culminating in my official leaving of the role on October 31st.

I would finally like to say thank you to Chalex for allowing me to do this role and for supporting the wide-range of changes that myself and the rest of the committee have pushed for. I want to also thank the community as a whole for providing feedback to make Gaming Nights what they are today and for the support you have given me in this role. Please note that I am not leaving the community, and hope to contribute in a more time-friendly manner in the near future.

Marshy
14th October 2011, 11:00 AM
Would like to thank you on behalf of ATK for setting up a schedule and for generally helping me out with my ideas and giving valuable feedback to the site, i’m sure vicious will do a great job taking over from you!

Vicious Horizon
14th October 2011, 11:02 AM
Thanks Isph.

I hope that I'll continue to keep Gaming nights as good as they have been in the past.

We are going to continue the Schedule which Oric posted at the beginning of the month rather than my suggestion earlier in the week which means Counter-Strike: Source on Sunday, hope to see you guys there <3

Kiliv
14th October 2011, 03:35 PM
yeah thanks dude you did a great job :) shame you could not continue

Joe
14th October 2011, 03:36 PM
tl;dr

Colonel Mitch
14th October 2011, 10:11 PM
tl;dr

this