PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Knife Addon

Chalex4
6th May 2007, 02:30 PM
Hey all,

I was asked by Chaos if I could install an addon called "Alpha-Dog" onto the Normal Maps server that does the following:

The first round of every map become a knife round where each player starts mostly invisible. The more damage they do with their knife, the more visible they become. At the end of the round, their visibility is converted into cash.

Here is a video made by the creator of the addon:

zdyKosqwAgY

I think admins can also make people invisible when they want people to be, so it is fairly flexible.

Tell me what you think and vote in the poll!

// Chalex4

VoX
6th May 2007, 02:32 PM
That looks so awesome!

I like it and voted for yes, but I think the more serious players will leave.

Chazlene
6th May 2007, 02:34 PM
I like the idea of it, it will make our servers a lot more interesting, although people might eave because they don't want to download it.

VoX
6th May 2007, 02:35 PM
Yes, how long is the download time?

Chalex4
6th May 2007, 02:36 PM
There is absolutely no downloading involved, it is purely a sever side addon.

VoX
6th May 2007, 02:37 PM
Ok, I think we should trial it out for a weekend and see how many people leave/stay.

YaYo
6th May 2007, 02:41 PM
yeah good idea its only first round anyway makes it abit more fun.

Isphera
6th May 2007, 04:21 PM
No. Anyone who wants reasons can join the 'I like retarded mods' line.

YaYo
6th May 2007, 04:55 PM
you are the biggest loser ever. if u want reasons you can join the "oric is the biggest loser ever line."

Hutch
6th May 2007, 05:20 PM
I don't think it should be on because people might think it's the normal thing that goes on on the server and just leave. Our server is already pretty pimped with mods and addons. But Oric, I have never seen you on the server so I guess you can't really comment on the dynamics of CSS.

FaTaL
6th May 2007, 06:48 PM
i think yes, i think it will jazz your server p abit, but as it takes like 4 hours for the next map people will join half way through and kknow it anit for all the rounds

Chalex4
6th May 2007, 10:41 PM
Ok, I have installed the addon and it works great! I have removed the old warmup round since this basically is a better one, enjoy!

Also, I installed a new Team Balancer, it should do the job just as well as the old one, but lag the server less.

Chalex4
7th May 2007, 10:27 AM
Right, I had to make a few changes to the addon. The problem was that because we don't all have amazing PCs, only a few people got to play the knife round. So, I have re-enabled the warmup round, but it is 45 seconds long and you can use grenades only. Then after that, there is the knife round. I asked the people on the server at the time, and they seemed to prefer it this way round.

Hutch
7th May 2007, 02:40 PM
The server lags so much less after this and the knife mod seems to be a real hit on the server, it does get completely rid of pistols ingame which I suppose is ok as it is a public server. People seem to love running around knifing people invisibly. Also it lags less!

YaYo
7th May 2007, 02:59 PM
Yeah big success if u have a good knife round you could go in to the next round with about 10k :D

Hutch
7th May 2007, 03:06 PM
Yeah first round on Dust2 you can see people running around with Awps.

™chaos
7th May 2007, 03:53 PM
Thanks for installing this Chalex, it's awesome! Admins can make people invis with the ma_color command. I don't have it though. Really awesome mod.