PDA

View Full Version : Imminent Site Upgrade (complete)

Chalex4
21st November 2011, 12:12 PM
You may have noticed that over the last month or so, more and more parts of the ATK site seem to be breaking! This is due to a combination of us being on a rather old vBulletin version, coupled with our web host doing some rather radical changes to PHP setup on the server.

As a result of this, we are going to be upgrading the site to the latest vBulletin imminently!

This is going to result in even more stuff seeming broken, and lots of the best features of ATK temporarily disappearing. I'm afraid you may also have to deal with the default vBulletin template for a little while, until we get get ATK v4 sorted :D. Please bear with us!

EDIT: This has now been completed. Bug fixing as I type :p.

Joe
21st November 2011, 05:18 PM
So we can expect the new site up in like 5-6 months? :)

Target
21st November 2011, 07:07 PM
32nd Neverember

Colonel Mitch
22nd November 2011, 01:20 AM
this better get "touched up" a LOT.

Chalex4
22nd November 2011, 01:25 AM
The ATK site was literally about to blow up before we did this upgrade. Half the old site didn't work, and it was slow as hell.

Now those things are fixed, but I'm having to re-install and setup everything. ATK v4, with a shiny new style, will come as soon as possible! I hate the default theme just as much as you do :D.

Brendan
22nd November 2011, 07:01 AM
Thank you for doing all this for us :) I have had a few communities just disappear without word so got a bit of a fright when I seen the site go down, glad its back and with the new vBulletin :)

Target
22nd November 2011, 07:09 PM
This is a much better look I feel....

Chalex4
22nd November 2011, 07:11 PM
Cheers Brendan. LOL Target, you're such a massive baiter.

If you are being serious though, there are things about this style that obviously are good, and we will consider bringing them into ATK V4.

Calneon
22nd November 2011, 07:40 PM
I prefer this to what we had before (with a few changes).

Vicious Horizon
22nd November 2011, 07:55 PM
This looks like someone just took the default bulletin scheme and said "Good enough" - I like what we had, it looked like a real professional site, it looked better than the shit like IGN and Gamespot, the new version probably fixes a lot of the issues you had with the previous version.

Brendan
22nd November 2011, 08:02 PM
All it needs is skinned and then it look like it used to + all the bits will work I think anyway.

Chazlene
22nd November 2011, 08:13 PM
Are you guys complete imbeciles, this IS the default template for Vbulletin, this is here just temporarily, we've chosen a far better template to work from...

Vicious Horizon
22nd November 2011, 10:46 PM
This looks like someone just took the default bulletin scheme and said "Good enough".

That was my point Chaz, in response to Calneon saying that what we have now is better.

Target
22nd November 2011, 10:50 PM
You just a massive mug VH, wo ist der Accept button, danke?

Colonel Mitch
23rd November 2011, 01:53 AM
You just a massive mug VH, wo ist der Accept button, danke?

I'm clicking it and its not lighting up!!!!

katakuna
24th November 2011, 10:42 PM
I'm not auto logged into the site unless my HTTP_REFERER is atkcommunity.com

Chalex4
25th November 2011, 01:32 AM
I'm not auto logged into the site unless my HTTP_REFERER is atkcommunity.com

Hadn't updated the .htaccess file yet, but have now. Problem fixed for you?

katakuna
25th November 2011, 06:54 PM
Yeah fixed, n1 brah