PDA

View Full Version : ATK|Helix StarCraft II Training Initiative

Isphera
27th November 2011, 08:21 PM
As those who I have spoken to in the last week or so, you will know that I have made it a goal to get better at SC2. Whilst I want to start by just getting a better foundation of game mechanics and strategies that don’t revolve around pushing out 2 quick cloaked banshees, I have set myself the ultimate goal of reaching Diamond League. Whilst there is no time scope on this, it is a goal that I am committed to reaching.

I also aware that there are many members of this community (and indeed one or two outside of it) that are keen on improving their standard of play and it is from this that I wish to start my new project – the ATK StarCraft 2 Training Inititative. This will come in two parts.

Firstly, I have begun compiling what I have dubbed the SC2 “Noob Notes”. What I want it to become is a handy compendium for players just starting out with StarCraft 2 use as a resource to begin to structure their practice effectively and how to learn effective strategies as well as efficiently track their goals and progress. Building on that, I will also add supplementary articles with race specific tips and strategies. Naturally, as I am a Terran player, these will take a Terran-focus to start with. That said, I will hopefully create some content for the other two races. I am also happy to include articles that others wish to contribute.

At the moment, it’s just three summaries of Newbie Tuesday Day[9] Dailies on ‘How To Get Into SC2’ and two on Stealing and Refining a Build. The plan is to summarise more Dailies to give players a digestible format to take in the information without having to watch the one hour+ daily itself. As with specific content, anyone willing to help is more than welcome to volunteer.

The document itself can be found HERE (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n5ZP__63tVpNdtFPFu8xFDEKdcwEa_gFK5vzWXnrXD8/edit) – all recommendations and additions are greatly welcomed either below or as a PM.

Secondly, and following on from this, I want to organise a training group for people to practice together as well as act as a support network and ideas forum for others, known under the banner of Helix.SC2. This won’t be a formal arrangement like a normal Helix team, but more of an ad hoc group open to all members of the community. The main purpose of this is for those who want to improve to always have regular training partners for certain matchups should they want to try anything against someone not on the ladder as well as acting as a team unit, coming together to celebrate the successes of an individual member, ranging from simply meeting a goal to being promoted or a tournament/cup win.

This is not only for new players, we would also love for players in higher leagues to be a part of the team in order to bring their knowledge of the game and practice structure to help the newbies, as well as use the team itself to find other higher skilled players in the same capacity of sharing ideas and as practice partners.

I will begin creating the full infrastructure for both the guide and the team in the coming weeks, but in the meantime, it would be very useful to me if anyone who would be interested in this in any capacity. If you would be interested in this, then please post below in what capacity (as a player, guide helper etc.), your current ladder classification and your main race.

Interested

Terran

Isphera (Bronze)
Jimmerney (Bronze)

Protoss

Syra (Bronze)
Hatios (Bronze)

Zerg

Marshy (Diamond)
FyZ (Silver)
Calneon (Platinum)

Random

Vicious Horizon (Silver)

Marshy
27th November 2011, 08:30 PM
I'm intresed, marshy zerg diamond!

Joe
27th November 2011, 08:32 PM
this is relevant to my interests, Fyz, zerg, grandmaster

Calneon
27th November 2011, 10:10 PM
If I have time, I think I might switch to Protoss and try to get back into diamond. Currently platinum but that's with Zerg.

katakuna
27th November 2011, 10:11 PM
tl;dr

Isphera
27th November 2011, 10:14 PM
If I have time, I think I might switch to Protoss and try to get back into diamond. Currently platinum but that's with Zerg.

I'll put you down under Zerg for now.

tl;dr

Your loss.

EDIT - Going against my usual policy, I have bolded the key parts for those who are too lazy to read.

CILLIT BANG
28th November 2011, 12:56 AM
Jimmerny - fastest 3rax in the galaxy

Vicious Horizon
28th November 2011, 03:12 PM
How to get to Diamond League:

Spend your money
Make an Army
A-Move.

Congratulations, once you get good at all three of these aspects of StarCraft 2, you will find yourself in Diamond league. /screddit elitism

Isphera
29th November 2011, 11:13 PM
All interested people, please check http://www.atkcommunity.com/showthread.php/3137-Helix-SC2-Player-Profiles

Isphera
2nd December 2011, 07:40 PM
SC2 Team Forum is now fully established, be sure to head over there and check out the resources available as and when we get them up.