PDA

View Full Version : ATK Gaming Nights - December Schedule

Isphera
28th November 2011, 01:03 AM
As you may have gathered from my renewed activity, I have returned as Gaming Manager! Thanks to Vicious for managing in my absence, but as you can see from the SC2 Initiative, I come refreshed and ready to go.

This starts with the Gaming Night schedule for December. ATK Gaming Nights are times which have been arranged specifically for the purpose of brining the community together for a couple hours to play the most popular games of the moment together, as well as a couple games which are old classics, along with a couple that you wouldn't normally associate with multiplayer events like this. As with October, they will remain on SUNDAY FROM 7pm UNTIL 10pm (so keep it free). This allows many of us to take an hour or two off before going into the work/school week to just have fun and hang out with some friends. Remember, these (and the community) are completely open to new members, so feel free to invite your other online (or offline) friends to the gaming night and our TS3 server – hopefully they can stick around for more fun events!

As always, although of course optional, I strongly recommend coming on to our TS3 server about 20 minutes before the gaming night starts, so we can get everything going quickly, as well as communicate during the games. If needs be, channel splits can be done for the two or more teams to communicate securely. Join us at 85.236.100.27:23207

And now, the ATK Gaming Night December Schedule!

Sunday 4th December: Counter-Strike: Source

With Global Initiative in development, many people have dusted off their CSS cases and broken out one of the most successful FPS franchises in recent times. This also has a special place in the hearts of the long-term ATK veterans, as we started as a small group of school friends playing CSS as a team. Hopefully the new blood of the community can show the stalwarts how it's done.

Sunday 11th December: StarCraft 2 Free-play Evening

Given that the ATK|Helix Training Initiative has begun to gather traction, it would make sense to dedicate one Sunday as a free play evening. As a group, we will do all sorts of activities relating to 1v1, whether it be laddering individually, playing a pre-arranged show match, practising and discussing new tactics against another member or simply chilling and playing a custom map, tonight will be one of the first true events of the new Helix.SC2 brand.

Sunday 18th December: Battlefield 3

Many of us here have been massive fans of the Battlefield series since BF2, some even as far back as the first 1942 game, many even going so far to actually not bothering with the Call of Duty series just to stick with DICE's game, a sentiment resounded in the critics choosing of BF3 over MW3. After a successful launch, BF3 has found it's way into the rotation of many of the community, so this weeks Gaming Night should be a big one.

Sunday 25th December: NO EVENT

As expected, Christmas is on this Sunday and many of the community will be with family and friends to eat a lot of food. As such, we won't be arranging a formal Gaming Night.

As always, all feedback is greatly appreciated, as are all comments and suggestions regarding what games you want to see in January. Stay tuned to this thread as selected games may change, but separate thread announcements will be made if that is the case.

Target
28th November 2011, 08:45 PM
Yay css, woop sure mitch will be up for this aswell :D

Colonel Mitch
28th November 2011, 11:12 PM
Yay css, woop sure mitch will be up for this aswell :D

idd

katakuna
28th November 2011, 11:16 PM
Didn't you resign?O_o

Isphera
29th November 2011, 11:12 AM
Didn't you resign?O_o

Honestly, half the time I don't think anyone reads the posts.

Vicious Horizon
29th November 2011, 11:36 AM
Alex tl;dr's all the things

Chazlene
29th November 2011, 12:32 PM
Honestly, half the time I don't think anyone reads the posts.

DON'T MAKE THEM SO LONG THEN. It's not rocket surgery...

Chalex4
29th November 2011, 03:36 PM
As a side note, please don't create another announcement without making new image for it first.

I don't like coming the the homepage and finding the same boring image as a week ago. Chazlene please could you create one :).

Target
29th November 2011, 04:09 PM
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Calneon
29th November 2011, 07:00 PM
I don't like coming the the homepage and finding the same boring image as a week ago. Chazlene please could you create one :).
YOU'RE NOT GOING TO FOOL MY BRAIN THIS TIME CHALEX FOUR!

Isphera
29th November 2011, 07:03 PM
YOU'RE NOT GOING TO FOOL MY BRAIN THIS TIME CHALEX FOUR!

Ultimate lols.

Toasty-Sloth
30th November 2011, 11:45 AM
I find your lack of tf2....disturbing.

Isphera
30th November 2011, 12:02 PM
I did that deliberately as everytime I look at steam I see at least 4-5 people playing TF2 together. Also, it will be one of those games that could be there each month, so I decided to not put it on the schedule for this month. Don't worry, it will be back in January.

Vicious Horizon
30th November 2011, 01:21 PM
I barely ever see anyone playing TF2 at all Oric :P

Target
5th December 2011, 01:31 AM
Was good tonight, shame we didn't stay on a bit longer and would be good if we had some better maps :D

Think there needs to be a LoL gaming night at some point we should be able to get 10 people for it??

Isphera
5th December 2011, 01:33 AM
Good idea. I might put a thread up to see who would be up for it and when. I'll consider it for next month.