PDA

View Full Version : Hey - Welcome the new guy! :D

HaiiTomm
3rd December 2011, 07:47 PM
Hey all :awe:

My name's Tom, I've always been a pretty big gamer, mostly on Xbox 360 the last few years, though I'm starting to play more games on comp/laptop now: Namely Starcraft II, and occasionally FFXIV.

If not at work/gaming, I'll most likely be playing guitar, listening to music, at gigs or watching anime :grin:

I've got a YouTube account which I upload guitar covers to occasionally. I should really upload more than I do, give it time: YouTube Guitar Covers (http://www.youtube.com/HaiiTommRoxx). I've recently taken up classical guitar too, so I may upload some acoustic songs if I find some I like.

If anyone here's on Starcraft II and wants a practice partner, or to give me some tips, that's be awesome!

Thanks for reading,

Tom.

Isphera
3rd December 2011, 08:03 PM
Before anyone starts trolling (like unfortunatly happens with most new users T.T), this is the friend of mine that I told you about that had recently got SC2 and started playing Protoss. I think we will be a great addition to the community.

Good to see you mate :D

Vicious Horizon
3rd December 2011, 08:05 PM
Hey Tom, welcome to ATK, you already know Marcus, so that's the lowest denominator of the group sorted already ;)

Drop by on TS some time :)

*RUNS*

katakuna
3rd December 2011, 08:10 PM
Also his name may say Isphera, but it's deffinitely Oric or Oricalcos and nothing else.

Kiliv
3rd December 2011, 08:37 PM
Also his name may say Isphera, but it's deffinitely Oric or Oricalcos and nothing else.

this most definatly and and did you know that the mothership won the 2011 DWPS my default since oric cheated several times and then deleted the thread? <3

oh and hey btw welcome ^_^

Chalex4
3rd December 2011, 08:43 PM
Welcome to ATK :).

HaiiTomm
3rd December 2011, 08:51 PM
Haha, thanks for the warm welcomes ^^

I'll look into getting TS sometime.

Must admit, I had a quick browse in the gallery and saw a captioned pic of Marcus. What's Oric/Oricalcos? And what's this about a mothership winning 2011 DWPS? *is confused* :awe:

katakuna
3rd December 2011, 08:55 PM
Oricalcos is his actual name, Isphera is just there to confuse people like hes trying to hide his identity or something...

Setsoru
3rd December 2011, 09:52 PM
hey sonnn welcome

Kiliv
3rd December 2011, 09:52 PM
The Mothership (from sc2) was nominated for Marcus's DWPS (desirable women poll series) and the poll was done between the mother ship and Sumer Glau, obviously the Mothership was the more attractive of the two and was leading the poll 8-0 when Oric decided to cheat and voted himself 9002 times for Summer Glau, when this was then corrected back to what it should have been he then went on to delete that particular poll thread, therefore making the Mothership win the poll be default :P

Isphera
3rd December 2011, 09:54 PM
What's Oric/Oricalcos? And what's this about a mothership winning 2011 DWPS? *is confused* :awe:

Oric was my old Gamer Nickname, which I was progressively changing to Isphera over the last 12 or so months, before switching everything in August. The DWPS is our babe poll (nominations opened today :D) and the mothership thing is fail trolls failing.

katakuna
3rd December 2011, 10:12 PM
You're still Oric to everyone though, regardless of what you chose to call yourself

Calneon
3rd December 2011, 11:35 PM
You sound like a cool and swell guy!

HaiiTomm
3rd December 2011, 11:46 PM
The Mothership (from sc2) was nominated for Marcus's DWPS (desirable women poll series) and the poll was done between the mother ship and Sumer Glau, obviously the Mothership was the more attractive of the two and was leading the poll 8-0 when Oric decided to cheat and voted himself 9002 times for Summer Glau, when this was then corrected back to what it should have been he then went on to delete that particular poll thread, therefore making the Mothership win the poll be default :P

aannnnnddddd... it all makes sense now. Loving the story behind it haha!

You sound like a cool and swell guy!

This man - he gets it ;D
I think I'm going to like it here!

Vicious Horizon
3rd December 2011, 11:53 PM
"Oric was my actual Gamer name, however I created a female EVE character called Isphera, and due to my current gender issues I've attempted to change my online persona* to Isphera in an attempt to ease myself into my new state of mind and gender."

*No Zanzi, not Fursona.

VoX
4th December 2011, 12:09 AM
Welcome :)