PDA

View Full Version : South Park MMO

Calneon
3rd December 2011, 08:40 PM
This sounds interesting. Before you start yelling, "cheap cash-in", know who's actually making it. Obsidian (Fallout 1&2, Fallout New Vegas) are the developers, and the script is being written by the people who write South Park. Some details have been released over at NeoGAF (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454179). If anything this could definitely bring something new to the MMO scene, which has definitely become very stale recently what with Rift and Star Wars MMOs being basically clones of WoW with a few changes.

EDIT: Fuck it's actually an RPG not an MMO, I'm a retard. Consider me less interested but still mildly interested.

Target
3rd December 2011, 08:41 PM
CHEAP CASH IN!!!

Calneon
3rd December 2011, 08:43 PM
CHEAP CASH IN!!!
Ah, I thought some people might think that, but take a look at who's developing it. Obsidian (from Fallout 1&2 and New Vegas), and the writers of South Park are writing the script for the game! So there!

Vicious Horizon
3rd December 2011, 08:45 PM
Uhm.. What?

What is this even for?

Calneon
3rd December 2011, 08:54 PM
Uhm.. What?

What is this even for?
I made a post about a new game in development. I know it's an odd topic for a gaming community which mainly focuses on voting on which woman is hottest, but I think it's kind of relevant, and I think we should give talking about games a try? What do you say?

katakuna
3rd December 2011, 08:56 PM
Uhm.. What?

What is this even for?
Cheap cash in.

Target
3rd December 2011, 09:34 PM
I see a pattern here

Vicious Horizon
3rd December 2011, 10:36 PM
I didn't mean the thread, I meant the game.

Most games have a general point to them: Kill the other guy.

I'm not sure how an MMO about South Park would even work =/

Calneon
3rd December 2011, 11:33 PM
I didn't mean the thread, I meant the game.

Most games have a general point to them: Kill the other guy.

I'm not sure how an MMO about South Park would even work =/
Ah I see. It's actually an RPG, not an MMO, my mistake. But your point still stands, that's what makes it kind of interesting.

Vicious Horizon
3rd December 2011, 11:44 PM
Ah, RPG makes more sense I suppose, creating your own character in the South Park world to play out, I suppose through the events of South Park could be pretty interesting.

I assumed it was going to be a WoW-esque grinder, hence my apprehension.

Isphera
5th December 2011, 02:20 PM
I remember the old PS1 South Park game, which was awesome. But if this is done like was said, looks like we have a real fun game on our hand :D

nikoli
5th December 2011, 03:32 PM
I made a post about a new game in development. I know it's an odd topic for a gaming community which mainly focuses on voting on which woman is hottest, but I think it's kind of relevant, and I think we should give talking about games a try? What do you say?

+1000000 ^^

also i think it could be pretty awsome considering the ridiculousness of south park :D