PDA

View Full Version : 2012 DWPS - Poll B1 REDO: "Soe" (Marshy) vs. Melissa Clarke (Cal)

Isphera
7th January 2012, 10:13 PM
OK, the image in the last thread fucked up somehow, which gave Melissa Clarke an unfair disadvantage. I have voided and removed the previous poll and restarted it. It will run until the original time was up, which 8AM on the 9th January. Because of the glitch, I am unable to find one of Phants original images (the one I did find broke the 'decency' rules). I apologise for this and have substituted with an image of my choosing. Apologies on both counts

No tiebreakers as yet. Poll closes 48 hours after time of posting.

Salome "Soe" Gschwind-Penski (StarCraft 2 Personality) [NEW ENTRY] - Moeshi

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/301550_2157063777928_1586495481_2162651_5140611_n. jpg

Melissa Clarke (Model) [2010 - DNP, 2011 - 2nd Round] - Calneon

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llof28IQ1U1qgji9to1_500.jpg

Calneon
7th January 2012, 11:27 PM

Isphera
8th January 2012, 10:39 AM
This is why I reset the poll, was 6-0 without an image, but it's 5-4 with.

Calneon
8th January 2012, 11:40 AM
That means people voted without even seeing a photo of both women...

Colonel Mitch
8th January 2012, 02:04 PM
First time round I googled the other woman

Marshy
9th January 2012, 10:34 AM
That means people voted without even seeing a photo of both women...

http://i.imgur.com/t5wZl.gif

Isphera
9th January 2012, 11:34 AM
Good thing I had the extra time on it :D - extended by 12 hours due to tie at end of regulation.

Isphera
9th January 2012, 02:18 PM
Given that Soe was one up until late this morning, if it is still tied tonight, I will give her the tiebreaker. Seems unfair, but I see no other method to do it.

Hint: get on the forum more :p

Chalex4
9th January 2012, 08:20 PM
Everyone just needs to get their friends to sign up and vote!

Isphera
9th January 2012, 11:01 PM
POLL CLOSED - Soe by tiebreak.

Calneon
9th January 2012, 11:05 PM
Right...

Chalex4
9th January 2012, 11:33 PM
Could just extend the deadline? Bloo hasn't voted for one.

EDIT: Or Vox, who is online now!!

Isphera
9th January 2012, 11:50 PM
They've had just over 2 days. I'm not going to keep extending it for people who CBA to come online.

Calneon
10th January 2012, 12:03 AM
Yeah so just pick one at random, that's fair...

Isphera
10th January 2012, 12:11 AM
As I said, Soe was leading for the entire period until the sixth vote came in an hour before the poll was supposed to close. I gave anyone who hadn't voted all day to cast a decider, yet none as come forward. Since it was obvious who had been leading this poll for a majority, I made the decision that Soe would be the winner. Now if you dislike the methods, then I suggest you a) get more people onto the community to vote and b) if it means that much, campaign more. I gave the poll a restart when the image glitched and although Soe still got the 6 votes from before, Melissa couldn't beat it. As I say, if you think there is a better method, then by all means, speak out. But when I started doing this in 2010, the main purpose was to get activity onto the board, something we desperatly need right now. If people who don't come on that often want to vote in a poll that was supposed to have been closed, then I hope that they see that as an incentive to visit the forum more often.

If even just one percent of those that have signed up to ATK over it's lifetime (speaking to any lurkers that are out there) just posted once a day, we'd be a hive of activity and we would have many more votes than we do now, and chances are we aren't having this discussion..

TL;DR - It's staying as it. If people cba to come on and vote in the 2 days given and suddenly want to appear to swing the balance, then tough. Soe lead for nearly all of the poll (which has lasted nearly 3 days inc. the glitched), so afaic, she wins it. Any problems, speak to my suggestion box.

/rant

Setsoru
10th January 2012, 12:25 AM
my vote was not cast, i voted Melissa Clarke,
i was waiting for a picture to be uploaded

fuck the system

Calneon
10th January 2012, 12:32 AM
As I said, Soe was leading for the entire period until the sixth vote came in an hour before the poll was supposed to close. I gave anyone who hadn't voted all day to cast a decider, yet none as come forward. Since it was obvious who had been leading this poll for a majority, I made the decision that Soe would be the winner. Now if you dislike the methods, then I suggest you a) get more people onto the community to vote and b) if it means that much, campaign more. I gave the poll a restart when the image glitched and although Soe still got the 6 votes from before, Melissa couldn't beat it. As I say, if you think there is a better method, then by all means, speak out. But when I started doing this in 2010, the main purpose was to get activity onto the board, something we desperatly need right now. If people who don't come on that often want to vote in a poll that was supposed to have been closed, then I hope that they see that as an incentive to visit the forum more often.

If even just one percent of those that have signed up to ATK over it's lifetime (speaking to any lurkers that are out there) just posted once a day, we'd be a hive of activity and we would have many more votes than we do now, and chances are we aren't having this discussion..

TL;DR - It's staying as it. If people cba to come on and vote in the 2 days given and suddenly want to appear to swing the balance, then tough. Soe lead for nearly all of the poll (which has lasted nearly 3 days inc. the glitched), so afaic, she wins it. Any problems, speak to my suggestion box.

/rant

I think you should extend it until we get a clear winner, not close it as soon as possible then choose some arbitrary reason to pick the girl YOU voted for yourself and have bias for.

In any case, I reminded Set to cast his vote, which he has.

Isphera
10th January 2012, 12:50 AM
Again, this poll has been concluded and the time will not be extended to facilitate people to wish to make a vote after the time period. If set voted in the original poll and not in this one, although regrettable, the letters REDO were at the start of the new thread making it clear that it was a new thread. I will be making no further comment on this thread.

Also, as this poll is finished, please do not unlock it.

EDIT - Also find it funny that you accuse me of 'bias' when I have given two logical reasons as to why the poll has concluded and you have apparently brought three (no offence meant by this) recently inactive members to come vote on your side as soon as the tiebreak is called. I'm damned if I do, damned I don't because if I call it in Melissa's favor, I get the Soe group coming at me with the reasoning I have provided.

Chazlene
10th January 2012, 12:56 AM
Again, this poll has been concluded and the time will not be extended to facilitate people to wish to make a vote after the time period. If set voted in the original poll and not in this one, although regrettable, the letters REDO were at the start of the new thread making it clear that it was a new thread. I will be making no further comment on this thread.

Also, as this poll is finished, please do not unlock it.

EDIT - Also find it funny that you accuse me of 'bias' when I have given two logical reasons as to why the poll has concluded and you have apparently brought three (no offence meant by this) recently inactive members to come vote on your side as soon as the tiebreak is called.

Jesus Christ, remove your head from your arse please.

Isphera
10th January 2012, 01:20 AM
If people saw fit to quit accusing me of bias through this or selecting pictures when they don't provide any, then maybe I wouldn't get techey when stuff like this happens.

Calneon
10th January 2012, 01:40 AM
Also find it funny that you accuse me of 'bias' when I have given two logical reasons as to why the poll has concluded and you have apparently brought three (no offence meant by this) recently inactive members to come vote on your side as soon as the tiebreak is called. I'm damned if I do, damned I don't because if I call it in Melissa's favor, I get the Soe group coming at me with the reasoning I have provided.

I had written out a few paragraphs explaining why your logic is made of bullshit, but I just looked at your rules in this thread (http://www.atkcommunity.com/showthread.php/3166-2012-DWPS-Open-Discussion-and-Review-Thread), one part stands out to me as being particularly relevant:

In the event of a tie in the first round, the poll will be extended until a vote is cast that breaks the tie.

Ahem. So, you extended the poll for 12 hours (hardly enough time in any case), even though in YOUR OWN RULES you stated that a poll will be left open until a deciding vote has been cast. There was no time pressure to get the poll over with, the second round is still a long time away. It's quite obvious you wanted to end the vote early so that your own personal choice would win, by using some arbitrary rule made up on the spot.

Also, I do find you accusation of me bringing three inactive members to vote on my side offensive, as I did nothing of the sort. Lets take a look at who voted for Melissa (not including me), and take a look at what other polls they have voted in.

Chalex4 - B2 A1 A2 P4 P3 P2 P1 C2 C1
CILLIT BANG - A1 P3 P2 P1
Hutch - B2 P4 P3 P2 P1 C2 C1
Target -B2 A1 A2 P4 P3 P2 P1 C2
Vicious Horizon - B2 A1 A2 P4 P3 P2 P1 C2 C1
Setsoru - A2 C1

That doesn't look like it includes three inactive members of the community to me, does it? I did not ask anybody to vote for Melissa, though I can't prove that to you obviously.

Isphera, I don't really want to take this as seriously as I have, but even you must admit that you are in the wrong here...

Isphera
10th January 2012, 06:04 PM
The original result of this poll has been nullified under review. The final result of this poll is Clark by 1. Please refer to the open discussion as to why.