Isphera
2nd February 2012, 04:09 PM
X

Colonel Mitch
2nd February 2012, 05:07 PM
I posted this earlier in the shoutbox :P stealing my thunder :P

Target
2nd February 2012, 05:18 PM
Booked, put other games a seating shit, but obv mitch will be sorting this out closer to the time.

Joe
2nd February 2012, 06:28 PM
Booked and payed for :)

got seating as other games right now too so that mitch can work his mug magic at a later date

Calneon
2nd February 2012, 06:46 PM
Booked, not paid yet.

Vicious Horizon
3rd February 2012, 10:13 AM
I'm going, and I'm 80% sure Katakuna and Ryaz are coming too, not sure whether they'll be sitting with us or their other mates.

Colonel Mitch
3rd February 2012, 01:53 PM
I'll definatley be coming.

Ill book as soon as I have new car, just don't want to spend money till then :P

VoX
3rd February 2012, 02:25 PM
Booked and paid :)

Joe
3rd February 2012, 04:29 PM
Booked and paid :)
Bring on road trip #2 xD

Target
3rd February 2012, 07:57 PM
I'll definatley be coming.

Ill book as soon as I have new car, just don't want to spend money till then :P

£64 gunna make a huge difference :D

CILLIT BANG
4th February 2012, 02:38 AM
iv booked will pay later
to oric 'summer internship' in england we call them placements :) and iv alredy got interviews for my PLACEMENTS comming up soon for work in may/june .... so no problems for me i hope

Colonel Mitch
4th February 2012, 03:37 AM
iv booked will pay later
to oric 'summer internship' in england we call them placements :) and iv alredy got interviews for my PLACEMENTS comming up soon for work in may/june .... so no problems for me i hope

Both of these points are true for me too.

Any job you get to take time off, a placement in this country at least is no different.

Just book it off the day you start, thats what I did for i40 and i37

Target
4th February 2012, 03:49 AM
you just say i got a holiday booked for end of august for 3 days, and there like ok no problem broski gl +hf

Isphera
4th February 2012, 08:04 AM
You're all fucking idiots.

Vicious Horizon
4th February 2012, 12:38 PM
Yeah Oric, being 100% correct == Idiots lolol

Isphera
4th February 2012, 02:28 PM
Yeah Oric, being 100% correct == Idiots lolol

Nono, I was right. I'm just simply stating the fact that they are all idiots. And you don't just say I have these days booked already to a company that's selected you over potentially hundreds of other applicants if you want to actually have a chance of getting any form of work with that company again.

CILLIT BANG
4th February 2012, 02:29 PM
im oric and im american but always correct.... seems legit

Isphera
4th February 2012, 02:30 PM
FFS, google any company that offers this type of program - if they have any grasp of language, they should say internship.

Chalex4
4th February 2012, 02:34 PM
Companies often use the word "internship" if they're based in America, and have spread to the UK (this is the case for Microsoft).

Companies founded in the UK often use "placement", since we tend to use that term more here. Both are right :).

Oh, and I'll book for i46 soon!

Colonel Mitch
4th February 2012, 03:34 PM
Oric you have legal rights to holiday of i believe its at least 2 days a month.

Your the fucking idiot so please sort your shit out before calling everyone in ATK with half a brain an idiot wen they clearly know more than you....

Any company wants a much notice as possible if your going on holiday. It's considered good practice to inform of any days you cant work due to previous commitments when you get a new job, and many employers will ask you if you have any such commitments and promise to honor them in good faith.

Im pretty sure if any of us jumped down your throat calling you an idiot you'd be pretty pissed off about it...

Isphera
4th February 2012, 03:40 PM
And people wonder why I barely come on....

Oric you have legal rights to holiday of i believe its at least 2 days a month....Any company wants a much notice as possible if your going on holiday. It's considered good practice to inform of any days you cant work due to previous commitments when you get a new job, and many employers will ask you if you have any such commitments and promise to honor them in good faith.

Yes, but if they give you two months experience in their company after choosing you from hundreds of applicants and one of the first things you say is "Oh, sorry to be a pain, thank you for giving me the opportunity, but I won't be here on these dates" - it's demonstrates that it isn't your main focus to the company and you'd rather be fucking around. If they then only hire 5 of the 10 they bring in, chances are you're on the outside looking in, even if it's for a day or two. TBF, I don't blame them. And for internships, they will often ask that question on the form if you expect any absenses, normally you'll find those people don't get offers.

Colonel Mitch
4th February 2012, 03:44 PM
And people wonder why I barely come on....

People wonder why you barley come on when all you do is seriously rip the shit out of people when you dont know what your talking about?

I'm one of the only people left who actually defends you and even i am getting a bit fed up of genuinely being called a fucking idiot.

Calm the fuck down and try to actually get on with people. THEN you might come on more.

Joe
4th February 2012, 03:45 PM
I love everyone here and you are all smart and lovely and friendly.

CILLIT BANG
4th February 2012, 04:11 PM
'two months experience in their company' looks like oric is working two months rather than the 1 most major companies offer ... why work 2 at 1 company and not 1 at 2 companies for more experience = more lakely to impress employers BOOOM also some uber corperations only offer a week suck as magazine/publishing companies etc (one i want is a month and is at one of the best branding agencies in london)

CILLIT BANG
4th February 2012, 04:12 PM
gogo my spelling and fast type mode .... im working at the same time theirs my excuse

Isphera
4th February 2012, 04:32 PM
'two months experience in their company' looks like oric is working two months rather than the 1 most major companies offer

I lol'd. Look at the period of tenure offered by most financial service, accounting, consultancy and major business in that ilk - all two (or in rare cases, three) month placements.

People wonder why you barley come on when all you do is seriously rip the shit out of people when you dont know what your talking about?

I'm one of the only people left who actually defends you and even i am getting a bit fed up of genuinely being called a fucking idiot.

Calm the fuck down and try to actually get on with people. THEN you might come on more.

How do I "rip the shit out of people" by simply stating a true fact and defending it? Main reasons I don't come on much is because I get a) stupid comments like this when you should realise I do actually understand what I'm on about and b) get nothing but negativity and trolling on here TS when all I want to do is come online, have a bit of fun and talk about gaming (mainly SC2 admittedly).

I try to arrange all sorts for people to do after people say there isn't much to do, but all that seems to happen is I get accused of power mongering, "fixing polls" (see DWPS threads), have no-one interested in what I do arrange and then have people continually complain there isn't anything to do. I'm trying my best to make this an active, fun and vibrant community for all, but it feels like my voice is simply being drowned out - is it any wonder we can't attract new members and that existing members are starting to look elsewhere?

Back on topic - your talking about something that I have spent the last couple of months applying for, researched for much longer, along with several interviews with industry insiders who have explicitly stated such things as my comments above. I'm not going to go around spouting nonsense for the fun of it, and I'd rather fill the gaps of knowledge people have than be challenged by incorrect information.

Colonel Mitch
4th February 2012, 04:39 PM
My placement is 1 year or 18 months lol

Isphera
4th February 2012, 04:46 PM
There are year out internships designed for 3 year uni courses plus a year in industry, yes (ideal for someone in a field where a year in industry will greatly enhance the learning capability of a course, such as a technology or engineering based degree), but from what I gather, what we were discussing is the 2/3 month variety.

Vicious Horizon
4th February 2012, 06:36 PM
There are year out placements designed for 3 year uni courses plus a year in industry, yes (ideal for someone in a field where a year in industry will greatly enhance the learning capability of a course, such as a technology or engineering based degree), but from what I gather, what we were discussing is the 2/3 month variety.

FTFY

nikoli
4th February 2012, 09:04 PM
I love everyone here and you are all smart and lovely and friendly.

+1 also booked not yet paid and ima hide in joes boot ^^

Target
4th February 2012, 09:15 PM
Why you so mad for Oric? We just giving advice bro

Colonel Mitch
4th February 2012, 09:32 PM
+1 also booked not yet paid and ima hide in joes boot ^^
Same way you got into this country ;)

Target
4th February 2012, 09:39 PM
ow snap

Kiliv
4th February 2012, 11:15 PM
I try to arrange all sorts for people to do after people say there isn't much to do, but all that seems to happen is I get accused of power mongering, "fixing polls" (see DWPS threads), have no-one interested in what I do arrange and then have people continually complain there isn't anything to do. I'm trying my best to make this an active, fun and vibrant community for all, but it feels like my voice is simply being drowned out - is it any wonder we can't attract new members and that existing members are starting to look elsewhere?

Accused of fixing polls? well i do remember something about a mothership and summer glau, and when summer glau started losing that poll was first made invalid by an admin putting 9000 ish on her and when another admin removed them the thread disappeared :S im not accusing this is just what i remember happening ^^

VoX
4th February 2012, 11:52 PM
Bring on road trip #2 xD

Hell yes xD Just got back from Basingstoke in this snow, car handled it pretty well for what it is lol.

nikoli
5th February 2012, 01:41 PM
Same way you got into this country ;)

ehyy if you cant check the boxes its your fault :p

Excoundrel
5th February 2012, 01:54 PM
I got a car and willing to give people lifts from the sheffield area!

Marshy
5th February 2012, 04:04 PM
EVERYONE IS MAD

Chazlene
6th June 2012, 09:33 AM
Early Bird is about to run out apparently if you haven't already paid, who's going again just to recap?

Calneon
6th June 2012, 10:15 AM
Paid.

Colonel Mitch
6th June 2012, 11:40 AM
Im going ^^

nikoli
6th June 2012, 12:10 PM
im all the goings

CILLIT BANG
6th June 2012, 12:21 PM
im not not going

Chazlene
6th June 2012, 10:40 PM
Just buked and payed.

VoX
7th June 2012, 12:11 PM
Going.

Paper Tiger
7th June 2012, 04:22 PM
Paid.

Chazlene
8th August 2012, 11:18 AM
There's a costume competition AND a cake competition going on apparently, who's in?

Also who's up for entering the BF3 tourney?

Target
8th August 2012, 12:59 PM
CAKES!!!! ?????

Joe
8th August 2012, 04:08 PM
There's a costume competition AND a cake competition going on apparently, who's in?

Also who's up for entering the BF3 tourney?

do it you filthy slag, and you'd better win.

Bear
8th August 2012, 07:05 PM
i will be attending as an IRL ORC ......... zwobu !

Target
8th August 2012, 09:06 PM
you ain't even booked it

Bear
8th August 2012, 11:05 PM
i called mailed and tried to reach him on steam for the last details , but sofar that frog remains illusive
as soon as he gives me final details i will book 10 seconds later.

ow i even texted the mofo

Joe
9th August 2012, 05:22 PM
Bear won't go pretty much guarenteed

Bear
9th August 2012, 06:27 PM
Bear won't go pretty much guarenteed

what are these lies ?

Bear
9th August 2012, 06:28 PM
guarenteed FAIL

Calneon