PDA

View Full Version : i46 shirts

Target
5th February 2012, 06:46 PM
Dont let chalex organise it, just get chazlene/vox to design it and someone to sort it, I don't mind doing it, but will have to wait till nxt month when I have lots of time. Thinking plain black polo shirts and then Chaz/Vox you go crazy and design something and I'll see what I can do, try and get them for less than £15 a shirt?

Know it early but want to get it sorted so that we actually get them this time, and we have plenty of time to mess around with design and prices.

Colonel Mitch
5th February 2012, 07:33 PM
Im wearing the one from i37 now (black with white sleeves) and its good quality (ie not shrunk/faded) and comfortable

Chalex4
5th February 2012, 07:37 PM
Now with the vast amounts of members going to LANs, I think it makes sense to move to a different tshirt printer (rather than the one in my local town). I reckon we should get them on CafePress (or similar), then everyone can order one when they want, and pay directly.

In terms of design, I believe the i37 one was Fruit of the Loom. It's a good brand, so perfectly happy to use them again, but I'd personally prefer a colour other than black. The red colour was nice, but obviously too small! Polo shirts are a good idea too, but again, I'd prefer a colour other than black.

Perhaps we should find a link to a catalogue somewhere, and let everyone here see what they prefer?

Vicious Horizon
5th February 2012, 08:07 PM
At the risk of sounding this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXw6znXPfy4) are teams gonna get like, slightly personalised shirts if they're competing?

VoX
5th February 2012, 08:38 PM
At the risk of sounding this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXw6znXPfy4) are teams gonna get like, slightly personalised shirts if they're competing?

We'd end up not looking much like a group then, unless its something minor like game initials on sleeve or something?

Polo's sounding good though :) not sure if Chaz had any rough design for the i43 ones he wanted to use?

Vicious Horizon
5th February 2012, 08:42 PM
I was thinking like, something on an arm, like a band with say, a TF2 logo on or sommet.

VoX
5th February 2012, 08:50 PM
That could look pretty good if done well imo.

Vicious Horizon
5th February 2012, 08:54 PM
I mean I guess it'd cost a little more to have a separate batch, but not too much more expensive I'd imagine.

Colonel Mitch
5th February 2012, 11:05 PM
I'm not set on black but i must say our black shirts are much nicer looking than the red ones.

The red is far too striking in my opinion

Target
6th February 2012, 02:20 AM
+1 for wearing at LAN the red is good if you want us as walking advertising, but if you want to wear the shirts more often, like I can see mitch wearing his on a day to day basis then the black is much better.

tiny2tom
6th February 2012, 04:24 AM
Just throwing this out there but my friends dad runs his own t-shirt printing company, i can certainly enquire about how much he does them for, and what designs he could do for us... regardless im up for investing in a shirt

Colonel Mitch
6th February 2012, 09:59 AM
Just throwing this out there but my friends dad runs his own t-shirt printing company, i can certainly enquire about how much he does them for, and what designs he could do for us... regardless im up for investing in a shirt
Sounds good bro

CILLIT BANG
7th February 2012, 01:49 AM
we need black without the random white ... this is because black is smart .... and it will look like i sweat alot less which is a bonus ofc and the white made it look a bit tooo something (il think of a word later) ... all black ftw and maybe adult sizes this time im usualy a large or xl ... not an xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxl

CILLIT BANG
7th February 2012, 01:51 AM
now i read something chalex wrote polo shirts would be very nice and fancy in black :)

also the red shirts were a bit full on

Target
7th February 2012, 02:51 AM
I said polo shirt, and yes they would look damn fine, also black is for winners, but not that bothered if get them in a colour just not red tbh, like black polo with the logo on the back with name above it and atk community on the front would look pretty awesome tbh

Isphera
7th February 2012, 10:35 AM
Fuck Polo's - get a standard tee.

Vicious Horizon
7th February 2012, 11:49 AM
Football shirts outta the question?

CILLIT BANG
7th February 2012, 12:39 PM
black polo's sound the best atm gogo chris the designer xD

Joe
7th February 2012, 04:50 PM
Polo shirts would look sick! Happy to let chaz / vox design them also ( if they want ) because will no doubt look cool, and I agree with VH might be cool to have a tiny bit of personalisation? Like maybe a little starcraft race badge on the sleeve? Gotta remember to stick razor on there also :)

Edit: Only just seen VH saying football shirts? that could look cool if done well but I don't know how easy it would be to get designs put on them? (cheaply)

Also if you used fruit of the loom before, they do t-shirts for EVERY gig I go to, they always last and are good quality etc... This is a link to 1 of their polos,

http://www.fruitoftheloom.fr/imprint2012/en/products/mens/polos/63-202-0

They do more I just clicked the first one, and Oric normal tees aren't as comfy :D

VoX
7th February 2012, 10:12 PM
Just messing about really (ignore the fked up shirt drawing)

Not sure if this would go with the polo style but its an idea

http://i.imgur.com/KRCmM.jpg

Have the bullet wrap round and stuff, could look alright I think.

Paper Tiger
7th February 2012, 10:38 PM
Wrap around designs often cost a lot to print, don't they? However, it looks frickin' awesome! :D

Target
7th February 2012, 11:32 PM
thinking that bullet logo on the back, and just atk community on the front, but the colours are sick!

But srsly POLO shirt for rel

VoX
8th February 2012, 12:24 AM
Now having it on the back I didn't think of.... To photoshop!

VoX
8th February 2012, 01:05 AM
http://i.imgur.com/MsbGT.jpg

Here (http://i.imgur.com/MsbGT.jpg) to view it big.

Joe
8th February 2012, 01:25 AM
Callum that look sick!!

Add a razer logo on it somewhere to :)

Target
8th February 2012, 01:27 AM
ZOMG, sick job Vox that actually looks awesome, then maybe below names you can have SC2 or TF2 or LoL symbol if thats the team your in or something.
Have to see what Chaz thinks coz he always likes to add his artistic opinion :D But I think that pretty nice tbh!

VoX
8th February 2012, 11:54 AM
Ty all :D I know what Chaz will change but haven't done it yet as not sure he's actually publicly shown it yet....

Are we actually sponsored by Razer then?

Will have a play for team names etc in a bit :)

Chazlene
8th February 2012, 01:27 PM
Well the obvious issue is you've used the old version of the logo :D

Vicious Horizon
8th February 2012, 01:30 PM
Razer logo too! We got permission to use it from them a while ago.

Uups, Joe already said it.

Other than that it looks sick as fuck mate :D

Joe
8th February 2012, 02:29 PM
Are we actually sponsored by Razer then?

Indeed, well to the extent that we are allowed to use their name anyway!

Vicious Horizon
8th February 2012, 02:37 PM
They said that we ARE allowed to use their logo and name on our shirts, but we ARE NOT allowed to say we are sponsored by them.

Isphera
8th February 2012, 02:55 PM
Well, technically it was "part of Team Razer". But essentially that means not sponsored. What do we call this then - partnership?

Target
8th February 2012, 03:11 PM

Can't wait to see your design then chaz :D

VoX
8th February 2012, 05:41 PM

I knew that, just wasn't sure if you wanted it publicized yet :P

And okies, Razer logo will be on there then.

Kiliv
8th February 2012, 06:18 PM
that design looks awesome mate ^^

This reminds me I should talk to Chris at Gigabyte and see if he can sort out talking to their sponsorship guy, its always worth a try

Vicious Horizon
8th February 2012, 06:25 PM
that design looks awesome mate ^^

This reminds me I should talk to Chris at Gigabyte and see if he can sort out talking to their sponsorship guy, its always worth a try

This would be filed under A for Awesome.

Kiliv
8th February 2012, 06:29 PM
Ive just sent a message to him on Facebook, just waiting back for a reply, will probably get one when hes back from work like 11 ish

Calneon
8th February 2012, 06:31 PM
Using the Razer logo without being sponsored seems pretty pathetic to me. It's like we're 'pretending' to be sponsored so we look better.

Vicious Horizon
8th February 2012, 06:34 PM
Using the Razer logo without being sponsored seems pretty pathetic to me. It's like we're 'pretending' to be sponsored so we look better.

I have no qualms with this

Target
8th February 2012, 07:45 PM
+1 Calneon, feels pretty pointless tbh, think we should see if we can get someone else to sponsor us or do a Novint style give away so that its legit, not some fan boy dream of Razor sponsors...

Joe
8th February 2012, 10:07 PM
Get the handsome nerd as a sponsor, would be sick

Colonel Mitch
8th February 2012, 11:07 PM
+1 Calneon, feels pretty pointless tbh, think we should see if we can get someone else to sponsor us or do a Novint style give away so that its legit, not some fan boy dream of Razor sponsors...

I agree wiht this.

If were not actually sponsored by razor then i dont think we should advertise them... theyre kinda the biggest fanboy'd company anyway...

VoX
9th February 2012, 07:01 PM

+1

And Chaz, have put the .psd in the Dropbox if you want it, although sure you can do a lot better from scratch :p

Snerfs
10th February 2012, 12:17 AM
I've not read the whole thread, and probably not a huge say in this considering I'm massively inactive, HOWEVER...

I imagine Hoodies are a much better idea, for the main basis that you can actually wear a t-shirt underneath and change it whenever, PLUS they're mega comfortable. I personally wouldn't mind paying the little bit extra for it to be a hoodie. Just my opinion.

Target
10th February 2012, 12:19 AM
Marshy definately made the above post

Snerfs
10th February 2012, 12:21 AM
<-- Didn't read the whole thread. Just saw the thing about the Razer logo. There's no point in using it, especially if we CAN'T say that they sponsor us, we'd look pretty stupid, plus god knows how many people use that. Like the company and all, but no. Let's try and find a sponsor or some form of brand that will allow us to advertise them, and a brand people know of as well would be nice.

VoX
20th February 2012, 11:49 PM
Back now, any more news of sponsors to put on these?

Target
20th February 2012, 11:59 PM
Don't think so, we got loads of time to decided really

Marshy
21st February 2012, 06:51 AM
We had some companies to email in mind, i have just been lazy but its 6am so ill draft some up now.

CILLIT BANG
22nd February 2012, 03:21 PM
ask cyborg they are win and OMG look at their new headset and mice so much sexyness

CBR82
4th March 2012, 07:54 PM
Hi Guys,

How about GIGABYTE? If you can get a quote for exaclty what you want from a vat reg'd business, and put http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19914883/Powered%20by%20copy.pdf on it, email it over to me (With how it will look, and total price) and ill apply for it to get paid.

No promises, but Ki said it will get some good old exposure at i45/46 so Im up for pushing for you guys.

Chris / Gigabyte.

Chalex4
4th March 2012, 08:27 PM
Hey Chris! Thanks for posting. That sounds like a great idea :).

We'll have a think about what exactly we'd like, then get in contact with some mockups.

Joe
4th March 2012, 11:22 PM
We had some companies to email in mind, i have just been lazy but its 6am so ill draft some up now.
We all know you won't/didn't draft any dw :p

And that gigabyte thing sounds awesome :)

Target
7th March 2012, 01:42 AM
Right been speaking to people on TS and they think that a hoody would be a better idea as it can be worn for the whole event and also will be worn more after the event aswell. Personally I only where my atk shirt at the event and maybe at home but not very often and as we already have 3/4 shirts now I think a hoody is a better investment.

Marshy
7th March 2012, 02:53 AM
Right been speaking to people on TS and they think that a hoody would be a better idea as it can be worn for the whole event and also will be worn more after the event aswell. Personally I only where my atk shirt at the event and maybe at home but not very often and as we already have 3/4 shirts now I think a hoody is a better investment.

you know

Chalex4
7th March 2012, 02:55 AM
Surely wearing it at the LAN is the most important thing though? Don't want to only be able to wear the hoodie on the way back to the tents!

Marshy
7th March 2012, 03:15 AM
Surely wearing it at the LAN is the most important thing though? Don't want to only be able to wear the hoodie on the way back to the tents!

Most of us have shirts, i know there are some that dont but i really dont want another atk shit, im kinda good with the one i have. I just think having a hoodie would be better in the long run

Colonel Mitch
7th March 2012, 11:01 AM
I think a hoodie woul be good so long as it wasnt too thick / warm.

Dont want to be cooking in the hall but I do agree a hoodie sounds better than a shirt

Vicious Horizon
7th March 2012, 11:20 AM
+1 for the hoodie idea. I'd happily wear an ATK hoodie when I'm generally out whereas I wouldn't wear an ATK shirt.

Isphera
7th March 2012, 01:38 PM
Hoodies > Shirts IMO.

Target
7th March 2012, 02:22 PM
thinking zip up hoody, as then it won't get too hot in the event and is just better in general

Vicious Horizon
7th March 2012, 03:57 PM
I thought Zip-Up when we talked about hoodies last time, only issue is we can't have a massive logo on the front, but I don't think that's too much of a problem really?

Chazlene
7th March 2012, 04:04 PM
Won't hoodies be far more expensive as well?

Isphera
7th March 2012, 04:54 PM
Won't hoodies be far more expensive as well?

Not really. And even if it's a little more expensive, I don't think many will mind paying the difference.

CILLIT BANG
7th March 2012, 05:07 PM
a hoody ... at a lan that is over 1 million degrees sounds legit

Joe
7th March 2012, 08:17 PM
Personally i care about paying more for a hoodie because i have hardly any cash, and exactly its fucking boiling at lan im not sitting their in a hoodie with a massive bellend on it (it would have one on it)

katakuna
7th March 2012, 08:25 PM
a hoody ... at a lan that is over 1 million degrees sounds legit
Were you actually at i43? It was freezing for the majority of the day.

I personally think the zip-up hoody is a good idea, and the logo on the front issue doesn't matter because you can stick the logo on the back? Which to be honest, more people are going to be looking at if you're sat at your pc playing games...

tiny2tom
7th March 2012, 08:55 PM
i vote hoodie personally, 5 days with minimal washing gets smelly enough without wearing the same tshirt everyday, the price that i've looked at is about 4 pounds difference between a t shirt and a hoodie, but the suggestion was we do them through an on line Internet shop right, so surely if theres a split between wanting t shirts or hoodie just have the option for both. If were ordering for ourselves its not going to be a big hassle for one guy to sort out whether people want a tshirt or hoodie anyway?

Colonel Mitch
7th March 2012, 09:25 PM
+1 zip up hoodie

CILLIT BANG
7th March 2012, 09:28 PM
sigh .. whatever aslong as it isnt that red or a flurecent colour lol

CILLIT BANG
7th March 2012, 09:36 PM
also katakuna it was boiling are u mad

Vicious Horizon
7th March 2012, 09:41 PM
To be honest I think I was wearing a hoodie for a majority of i43 and i44 in those halls, it wasn't hot by any stretch of the imagination.

katakuna
7th March 2012, 10:49 PM
To be honest I think I was wearing a hoodie for a majority of i43 and i44 in those halls, it wasn't hot by any stretch of the imagination.
^ this

Target
7th March 2012, 10:54 PM
+1

Isphera
7th March 2012, 11:07 PM

Precisely.

VoX
7th March 2012, 11:11 PM
During the day I'll agree I was wearing a jumper in the halls, plus it would get more wear outside of LAN. In the evenings however (which is when the events such as pub quiz and finals are) it was wayy to hot to wear one...

Isphera
7th March 2012, 11:49 PM
During the day I'll agree I was wearing a jumper in the halls, plus it would get more wear outside of LAN. In the evenings however (which is when the events such as pub quiz and finals are) it was wayy to hot to wear one...

Makes no sense since tempretures are cooler in the evenings :S

Vicious Horizon
8th March 2012, 12:05 AM
Makes no sense since tempretures are cooler in the evenings :S

You're forgetting the fact that a majority of gamers are only awake in the evening at LAN, and it takes a couple of hours for PCs to start warming up an entire hall

Isphera
8th March 2012, 12:08 AM
You're forgetting the fact that a majority of gamers are only awake in the evening at LAN, and it takes a couple of hours for PCs to start warming up an entire hall

I bow to your superior thermodynamic wisdom.

Target
8th March 2012, 01:13 AM
Fred just complains because he will become a big sweaty mess is minutes :D, need to install water cooling

CILLIT BANG
8th March 2012, 07:35 PM
lol maybe ... il just have to install more fans

Joe
11th March 2012, 03:12 PM
atk vest tops

Chalex4
11th March 2012, 03:52 PM
atk vest tops

This could work.

Isphera
11th March 2012, 04:21 PM
This could work.

Unless you fancy seeing a little too much side boob from my magnificent rack, I suggest otherwise.

Chazlene
11th March 2012, 04:22 PM
Unless you fancy seeing a little too much side boob from my magnificent rack, I suggest otherwise.

This made me chuckle.

Joe
12th March 2012, 04:22 AM
ATK thongs