PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 3: Close Quarters

Chalex4
7th March 2012, 02:54 PM
Chazlene just posted this in the shoutbox, but I thought it deserved a thread.

A new BF3 DLC has been announced. Battlefield 3: Close Quarters!.

Battlefield 3: Close Quarters is a themed expansion pack bringing the team play of Battlefield 3 to tight indoor environments. The frantic close quarters infantry combat is amplified by unprecedented high definition destruction, new ways to play, more weapons and added persistence. Read more of the official site (http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/close-quarters)

Key Features
Get plunged into frantic and relentless infantry combat
Check your corners as death can come from any angle
HD destruction lets you reduce entire locales to ruin
Earn new weapons and bring them back to the base game
Complete new assignments and equip unique dog tags
Play in new ways, mixing team play and instant action

It's nice to see them taking the more COD approach, of less open landscapes, and more firefighting indoors. There was quiet a lot of this in BF: Special forces, which I loved.

Chazlene
7th March 2012, 03:08 PM
Hopefully they'll do something to stop people just spamming RPG's all the time considering it's all going to be inside, also there's two other DLC's which will follow it apparently, called 'Armoured Kill' and 'End Game' or something like that, but they seem to have removed that info from the page...

Also it's NOT 'nice' to see them take the more COD approach :p

Calneon
7th March 2012, 03:29 PM
Am I missing something or does it not say anywhere WHAT the actual DLC is? I assume it's new maps, but I don't know how many, or how big they are. All I see is marketing talk bullshit like "Get plunged into frantic and relentless infantry combat" and "Check your corners as death can come from any angle", these are not features! If it's simply 3 new small maps that cost £12 (like Karkand), EA can go fuck themselves.

Also:

It's nice to see them taking the more COD approach
Are you fucking mad? No it's not!

Chalex4
7th March 2012, 07:31 PM
It's this Cal:

Battlefield 3: Close Quarters is a themed expansion pack bringing the team play of Battlefield 3 to tight indoor environments.

What I meant what that it means I don't need to play COD, it's all on BF instead :).

Calneon
7th March 2012, 07:40 PM
The close-quarter maps they've made so far have been full of chokepoints and pretty awful maps in general. I'll hold out for when it's released but I don't hold much hope.