PDA

View Full Version : Intel Extreme Masters Discussion Thread

Isphera
9th March 2012, 11:10 PM
Probably should have set this thread up before the event, but with the finals tomorrow and an epic highlight video release by ESL, would make most sense to create a discussion thread now :D

Following on from qualifying events the last couple months, some of the worlds best games have decended upon Germany for the IEM World Championships for 2011-2012. With the best of SC2, LoL and 1.6 action all on tap, along with some of the best-known casting personalities, it has been one of the most entertaining events in recent memory.

Tomorrow is finals day, with EG.Puma takes on SK.MC in StarCraft 2, the near-unstoppable Moscow 5 matching up against Team Dignitas in LoL and Na'vi will face off against ESC in CS1.6 (I know, I didn't think they still ran tournaments either).

So what have been your highlights of the weekend and who do you think will win it all tomorrow?

Stream Page: HERE (http://www.esl-world.net/masters/season6/hanover/lol/playoffs/rankings/#/masters/season6/hanover/)
Stream Schedule: HERE (http://www.esl-world.net/masters/season6/hanover/#/masters/season6/hanover/schedule/)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQrPnb-Cxxw

Target
9th March 2012, 11:41 PM
Yeh I linked the stream days ago when it started, LoL side has been pretty epic tbh some awesome games and some big upsets, looking forward to the final.

katakuna
10th March 2012, 06:33 PM
The dirty ruskis must be hacking

Calneon
10th March 2012, 06:38 PM
GO MC GO!

Joe
11th March 2012, 03:15 PM
GO MC GO!

This is relevant to my interests!

Chalex4
11th March 2012, 03:52 PM
I love that promo video..makes gaming look cool :D.

Isphera
17th March 2012, 04:07 PM
I love that promo video..makes gaming look cool :D.

The whole IEM video set was really well produced, althought that Kraddy song is now ingrained in my conscience. The whole tournament was fantastic to watch, especially League of Legends - considering I didn't know that much about actual competitive play, I found it fascinating to see how the whole stragegy of the draft and play came together. Moscow 5 were just poetry in motion the whole weekend.

SC2 was a lot of fun to watch as well, although I was a bit dismayed at EGPuMa's final two games in the final, all but won but lost because of hesistation. Ah well, 2nd is still awesome and fair play to MC. Still, MLG Columbus this next week (expect a discussion thread soon).

Chalex4
21st March 2012, 03:21 AM
As I know nothing about this stuff, when is the next competition like this? Is there somewhere I can get dates?

Joe
21st March 2012, 02:05 PM
As I know nothing about this stuff, when is the next competition like this? Is there somewhere I can get dates?

The next MLG event is this weekend :) dates are available first for events from their sites, but an easier way of checking them is just having a look at the games reddit page every so often, the starcraft reddit has the dates all over it when events are getting near + if someone's willing to start a locked thread on it somewhere wouldn't take us too much time to update it ourselves so you could just check that