PDA

View Full Version : Game industry market research

Ronin
14th March 2012, 03:46 PM
Greetings all,

I'm currently running a market research to better understand today's game market and trends.

Right now it's mostly other game developers who have responded, so in an effort to gather the opinions of more gamers I am now reaching out to gamer communities.

So I would really appreciate it if you could share the survey with your community so we could get more gamers to share their opinions on today's game market.

You can find the survey over at: http://surveys.kybernesis.com/index.php?sid=51786&lang=en
And for those who are interested in the results(it updates continuously): http://surveys.kybernesis.com/statistics_user.php?sid=51786

Chalex4
14th March 2012, 04:03 PM
Done :). For some reason, I can't get the results page to load. Could be my internet failing.

Target
14th March 2012, 07:23 PM
Really chalex
Really

Marshy
14th March 2012, 07:48 PM
Really chalex
Really

This.

Chalex4
14th March 2012, 10:42 PM
He emailed me to ask permission to post. I think this is a perfectly valid request, so if you'd like to take part, do. If not, then don't bother spamming up this thread please.

Ronin
15th March 2012, 08:23 AM
Done :). For some reason, I can't get the results page to load. Could be my internet failing.

Appreciate it :)
The link to the results page works fine for me, so it might indeed be your internet failing :P

Ronin
20th March 2012, 11:04 AM
The research has slowed down a bit after addressing gamer communities, but we just passed 280 respondents, that's 70 more in the last week (first week had 210) which is quite good!

Thank you all for taking the time to answer our research :D

Target
20th March 2012, 02:22 PM
Its just his name, kinda thought he was a bot :D gl anyway (chalex is still a mug)

Ronin
21st March 2012, 07:57 AM
Hehe why did the name set you off? Must be the first time I heard that one :p
And thanks :)

Vicious Horizon
21st March 2012, 10:02 AM
Hehe why did the name set you off? Must be the first time I heard that one :p
And thanks :)

We really commonly get users with just standard names posting links asking us to visit their website to do something, and invariably they're a bot trying to get us to download some viruses and the like, which is why there may have been a slightly hostile response to the thread :)

Ronin
22nd March 2012, 07:56 AM
Ooh right.
Well, as y'all already figured by now, I'm definitely not a spambot, and the research is genuine and will be used for good within the game-development community :)
Oh and we're probably gonna pass 300 respondents today :D

Paper Tiger
22nd March 2012, 02:25 PM

You're not the only one, I can't get it to load either!

EDIT: Scratch that, it loaded!

Chazlene
22nd March 2012, 05:48 PM
Just completed the survey as well, and yeah the results page is taking ages to load ha.

Ronin
23rd March 2012, 08:42 AM
Yeah, the results page can take some time to load, mostly because of the graphs.

Appreciate your contribution to the research though :D