PDA

View Full Version : Why Kermit left.

Joe
5th April 2012, 01:08 AM
[00:47:08] Joe Gribbin: Dude? If you've left just because you've got beta and that was your plan all along, then cool, but at least tell me why you're just gone? I don't see why you just deleted everyone?

[00:47:26] Joe Gribbin: like if you're just bored of LoL then fine but at least just say it? :/

[00:48:19] Kyle Harper: Tell Theory to find a new jungler. I won't be returning. I said a few days ago that the one thing I cannot stand is when people sit there and accuse me of doing something I haven't done. For the last 2-3 days I've had to sit there whilst theory attempts to mug me about 'hydralisk rushing' which I've never done.

[00:48:42] Kyle Harper: Throughout my entire life I've been accused of doing things I haven't done. I even have a criminal record because of covering other peoples ass'

[00:48:42] Joe Gribbin: Dude, you realise that was a complete joke? :/

[00:49:23] Kyle Harper: All the time in the games we play people say I have done X, Y or Z when I defend myself they're adamant they're right. When you can bet your fucking life if I said I haven't done or did something, I did or didn't do it.

[00:49:35] Joe Gribbin: Like literally, if you had just of mentioned it was getting that bad everyone would have stop, there was no intention to be mean

[00:49:43] Kyle Harper: I don't care. I said days ago, nothing pisses me off more then when people say I've done stuff I haven't, joking or not.

[00:49:46] Kyle Harper: I did.

[00:49:50] Kyle Harper: I said it when you brought it up

[00:49:53] Kyle Harper: and everyone carried on.

[00:49:54] Kyle Harper: I don't care.

[00:49:56] Kyle Harper: I'm done.

[00:49:59] Kyle Harper: League team won't work anyways.

[00:50:05] Joe Gribbin: I only set it like once man, once you seemed mad I stopped

[00:50:06] Kyle Harper: Theory and Drauen constantly bicker all the time over shit.

[00:50:19] Joe Gribbin: Like ok if you're this upset then it's obviously the best option for you to leave I guess

[00:50:36] Joe Gribbin: It's just a shame, you seemed like a proper alright guy

[00:57:18] *** Call to Kyle Harper, no answer. ***

------------

So looks like he left because of a couple of hydralisk rush comments, which to be honest there weren't even that many of...

Hope he comes back at some stage and realises that people were just joking around but it doesn't seem likely :(

Target
5th April 2012, 01:22 AM
NO ONE FOCUS TRIST!!! Srsly if thats why then he needs to grow up, though he was a good guy but dunno now, could have taken a much better jungler who was 1700 at the time but decided to take kermit and give him chance to improve, which he did, but now all that time has been wasted....

Marshy
5th April 2012, 01:29 AM
Pretty depressing as I considered him a friend don't see what I've done personally but ok..

Kermit
5th April 2012, 05:52 AM
May as well post here since I didn't fully get my point across on Skype.

Nothing in my life pisses me off more than when people accuse me of doing something I haven't done. I'm one of the most honest people you will ever meet. If I make a mistake, I take responsibility for it and will use it to improve in the future. I'm normally one of the first people to admit if I did something wrong. All my life I've been accused of doing things, not just small stuff, lots of things. Stealing is the main one. I did a 6 month youth offending team order as well as community service for a crime I didn't commit. I'm constantly accused of doing things I haven't done and have often had to pay the consequences for it. So NOTHING pisses me off more than that. So whilst to you guys it might be petty to get pissed off over it, it's something that's always affected my life. I'm the first to admit my mistakes, it's how I improve. By the way, check LoL Replay, you'll clearly see I was on Tristana within 2 seconds of her leaving the bush, got ulti'd back into the team fight, ran to her again and she rocket jumped away from me, into the team fight.

(I'm not saying the following acting like a saint, I'm fully aware I had things I needed to improve on)

Excoundrel didn't practice enough and wasn't about enough for the team to practice efficiently. We'd play 2-3 games a night if we're lucky which is nothing. The first game is a warm up and then there's one game of practicing a night normally which will get you almost no-where. I have the feeling he wasn't taking the League team as serious as I was (I was happy to play ranked 5s for 10 hours a day).

When Drauen and Theory argue, whilst they don't realise it, it often boiled down to them wanting to best the other due to them being siblings. You probably didn't see it, but that's how it came across to me.

There was little input from Drauen/Excoundrel (which probably won't even read this cause they didn't read the forums to participate in the team discussions) regarding potential new line ups, champion picks and general ideas.

Drauen plays way too fucking aggressively top and plays ranked 5s more like it's solo Q often. Even after weeks of trying to get it sorted we've still lost games because of it.

Again, I'm far from fucking perfect at League and will be the first to admit my mistakes. Losing a game due to a bad engage is one thing that can be improved, losing a game because one lane over extends repeatedly isn't something that shows sign of improvement.

So that's why I left. Might seem petty, but whatever. End of the day I told people that nothing annoys me more than when people accuse me of doing something I haven't done, especially when people then attempt to mock me for doing so. People still continued to do so.

Colonel Mitch
5th April 2012, 06:10 AM
May as well post here since I didn't fully get my point across on Skype.

Nothing in my life pisses me off more than when people accuse me of doing something I haven't done. I'm one of the most honest people you will ever meet. If I make a mistake, I take responsibility for it and will use it to improve in the future. I'm normally one of the first people to admit if I did something wrong. All my life I've been accused of doing things, not just small stuff, lots of things. Stealing is the main one. I did a 6 month youth offending team order as well as community service for a crime I didn't commit. I'm constantly accused of doing things I haven't done and have often had to pay the consequences for it. So NOTHING pisses me off more than that. So whilst to you guys it might be petty to get pissed off over it, it's something that's always affected my life. I'm the first to admit my mistakes, it's how I improve. By the way, check LoL Replay, you'll clearly see I was on Tristana within 2 seconds of her leaving the bush, got ulti'd back into the team fight, ran to her again and she rocket jumped away from me, into the team fight.

(I'm not saying the following acting like a saint, I'm fully aware I had things I needed to improve on)

Excoundrel didn't practice enough and wasn't about enough for the team to practice efficiently. We'd play 2-3 games a night if we're lucky which is nothing. The first game is a warm up and then there's one game of practicing a night normally which will get you almost no-where. I have the feeling he wasn't taking the League team as serious as I was (I was happy to play ranked 5s for 10 hours a day).

When Drauen and Theory argue, whilst they don't realise it, it often boiled down to them wanting to best the other due to them being siblings. You probably didn't see it, but that's how it came across to me.

There was little input from Drauen/Excoundrel (which probably won't even read this cause they didn't read the forums to participate in the team discussions) regarding potential new line ups, champion picks and general ideas.

Drauen plays way too fucking aggressively top and plays ranked 5s more like it's solo Q often. Even after weeks of trying to get it sorted we've still lost games because of it.

Again, I'm far from fucking perfect at League and will be the first to admit my mistakes. Losing a game due to a bad engage is one thing that can be improved, losing a game because one lane over extends repeatedly isn't something that shows sign of improvement.

So that's why I left. Might seem petty, but whatever. End of the day I told people that nothing annoys me more than when people accuse me of doing something I haven't done, especially when people then attempt to mock me for doing so. People still continued to do so.

These are all reasonable reasons, but even if you don't want to play LoL we still enjoy having you around :(

Banter isn't the same without my second massive mug....

nikoli
5th April 2012, 12:43 PM
fair enough reasons but i don't think i was there when you said you got annoyed at people falsely accusing you but even if i was im sorry i didn't listen, and we all miss you quite a lot. My girlfriend also doesn't want a world where she wont wake up to the sound of your voice mugging joe again :p

Joe
5th April 2012, 12:47 PM
Even if you don't play LoL with those guys I still don't get why you blocked people like Moeshi, Nick and I from everything, we miss you man :(

Marshy
5th April 2012, 01:34 PM
My girlfriend also doesn't want a world where she wont wake up to the sound of your voice mugging joe again :p
She never leaves do her parents not wonder where she is o_o

nikoli
5th April 2012, 02:16 PM
her parents are dead man :/

Marshy
5th April 2012, 02:23 PM
her parents are dead man :/

Like my love for kermit.

nikoli
5th April 2012, 02:27 PM
Like my love for kermit.

deep shiz man

Target
5th April 2012, 06:23 PM
what a dick

tiny2tom
5th April 2012, 09:16 PM
Thank you for getting back to us, but i don't see why you couldn't have just said that to me straight away, if thats how you feel that's how you feel, but just to leave was totally unnecessary. Personally i thought all of us were friends with you, and you leaving the lol team regardless shouldn't effect that. I've felt for the last 2 months us chatting to you for 4 or 5 hours a day should count for something. I knew you didn't hydralisk rush, and you knew it was mugging nothing serious. I've always made it clear you could approach and ask me anything if you had any problems. Can we not talk properly before you make your decision, all these points you've made about the team are valid, and i acknowledge that there was some sibling rivalry but as i said i'm going to leave that in the back ground after the other days tif. Anyway be nice to hear from you, if not good luck with wow progression x

Joe
5th April 2012, 11:44 PM
Can we not talk properly before you make your decision

This would be great

Marshy
5th April 2012, 11:51 PM
This would be great

This

nikoli
6th April 2012, 02:46 PM
everyone has something to say and misses you, i think you should hear people out a bit before just leaving for your reasons :/

drauen
6th April 2012, 03:10 PM
I think its almost hypocritical you calling me out on all this considering the amount of mistakes and mechanical errors you have. I play agressive top because we run team comps that need to win games early, something ive repeatedly said which you seem to still not understand. The amount of times I crush my lane far out weighs that of when i loose which is usually down to me playing a champ I haven't played much more than the fact im playing aggressive. Top lane is the lane where you have to play aggressive to win, if I don't force trades im coming out on top then im effectively letting him back into a lane he shouldn't be in. Its not like mid and bottom where you can play passively and just turn it into a farm fest.

Oh and theres really not much difference between laning in solo que and in a team game, except for jungle pressure which I honestly get a lot better junglers at 1600 elo, but hey im sure you are a fantastic 1200 elo jungler. If we are being honest I would rather you didn't rejoin the team even if you did apologise for just removing us all like a 12 year old girl and throwing a hissy fit. I think we have all seen how you take criticism now.

tiny2tom
6th April 2012, 04:43 PM
As a team we agree that rejoining the team isn't an option as we need someone we can rely on, but i don't understand why you would break ties with everyone in the community who all regard you as a friend.

Excoundrel
6th April 2012, 04:59 PM
I'm neither here nor there about this tbh. I hadn't been around for a week or so mainly because my research project had got a bit hectic over the past two weeks, it's settled now though and i'm fine. You've obviously taken your ethic with your wow guild and attempted to apply this to the league team - lets be honest though, you definitely weren't the best player in the team and a few of our short comings were due to you, furthermore, every single one of us on the league team is doing university degree, we do have lives outside of LoL.

Honestly i probably wouldn't ask you to come back either.

Target
6th April 2012, 06:29 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/508/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Excoundrel
6th April 2012, 08:39 PM
Haha well, lets be honest. I play maybe 4 solo queues a day and at least i can keep above 1250 ELO.

I wonder how many kermit played a day to stay below that?