PDA

View Full Version : Be part of the ATK Content Team!

Chalex4
9th April 2012, 08:55 PM
While the rest of the leadership team is busy working away on the imminent ATK 4.1 update, I wanted to take a moment to show you all where ATK is going in not too distant future.

The purpose of ATK 4.0 and 4.1 was to bring ATK back into the 21st century, with a clear design style and features that you actually want to use on a daily basis. The thought was that by making the site easy to use, that people would stay on it longer. This has worked, but we're still a little way off our goal of becoming the best gaming site on the internet :).

For people to become invested in a website, it needs to give them something. Something that they can't get anywhere else. Content is king. You, the community, noticed this a long time ago. However, we wanted to get ATK 4/4.1 out before concentrating fully on something of this scale. We thought that when we do this, we need to do it right.

How will we do it "right"? Well, that's where you come in! We need a plan, and a team to make this happen:

We need a Content Team Manager, Editors and Writers.

Give us a shout below if this is something you're interested in, following this form:

Desired Role: Content Team Manager / Editor / Writer
Speciality:
Spare time/week:

This is something that we want to take seriously, so please don't enter yourself if you think won't be able to provide content on a regular basis. To begin with, we're looking for 1-2 new articles on the ATK homepage per day. That means you may only write 1 a week, but overall this should provide with enough content for 1-2 new ones a day.

In terms of what content we want, that'll be something that we'll look at with the Content Team Manager. However, whilst trying to provide comprehensive gaming news/summaries, we'll definitely have a focus on CS:GO/GW2/LoL/SCII wherever possible. That means guides/tips and tricks and whatever else you guys can think up!

Target
9th April 2012, 11:29 PM
Just need someone to read through the submissions and check for content and spelling/grammar. Might be hard for someone to decide what to post, say if two people do he same thing and they don't have a good knowledge of that topic, have some sort of voting system / rating system?

tiny2tom
10th April 2012, 12:32 AM
Id be very willing to get out content and help organise a few people to dish out content, especially on the league of legends side of things, sounds exciting!

tiny2tom
10th April 2012, 12:33 AM
And on the arrival and cs side of things id really be up for it, got a crap load of time this summer and be nice to fill my time

Target
10th April 2012, 12:34 AM
think me and Theory could boss this shit

tiny2tom
10th April 2012, 12:36 AM
ye im well up for it :)

Marshy
10th April 2012, 04:30 AM
Il'l check spelling and grammer i have a eye for this sort of thing

nikoli
10th April 2012, 08:24 PM
i could do some of the steam games because i have a fair few :)

Target
10th April 2012, 09:28 PM
Don't know how popular polish review will be

nikoli
10th April 2012, 10:21 PM
fps russia is awsum i am fps russia need i say more

Chalex4
12th April 2012, 01:53 AM
Great to hear so many of you are up for this. Anyone interested in managing?

Zanziba'ar
12th April 2012, 07:09 PM
I wouldn't even bother putting my name forward cause quite frankly. I'm a Love me or Hate me guy. But I have a history of writing reviews and managing the team of them. I'm willing to help anyone who is stuck. Just not take a role. I only come here to read the introductions from Gangstaz!

Joe
13th April 2012, 05:46 PM
I'll write some stuff up on WoW or SC2, sounds pretty cool would make the site look pretty awesome if we got enough done per week!

LMAOAsylum
8th May 2012, 10:54 AM
That's funny, I've just literally been looking around for somewhere I can write articles or journal on for gaming!

I'd be happy to write articles for ATK on a regular basis, whether that's daily or weekly. I have a blog where you could see some of my writing but I recently just wiped the whole thing clean to start fresh with my YouTube channel :S

However if you'd like to contact me for more information, you can send me an email at: hello@lmaoasylum.com

Chalex4
9th May 2012, 09:13 PM
Nice one man. We'll be setting this up pretty soon. Colonel Mitch is heading up the team creation, but I'll be working with the technical managers to sort out the site.

Stubbsy
13th June 2012, 09:37 PM
Alright peeps, I'm willing to do anything. I'm quite interested in helping out, as i'v always wanted to. It'd be a pleasure to help out with this community. Any questions, feel free to PM me. Thanks mates!

tiny2tom
15th June 2012, 12:39 PM
are we cool to arrange a meeting next week and get this started?

Chalex4
15th June 2012, 12:53 PM
I handed the team creation over to Mitch, so hopefully he can set that up.

When the team is done, and we've made some test content, then we'll get to work sorting out the front-end stuff on the site :).

PS. Great to see you guys wanting to do this!! I think it'll be awesome if we get enough people involved.