PDA

View Full Version : Diablo III Opinions!

Chalex4
15th May 2012, 02:08 PM
Hope the launch party went well! So what's the verdict, does it live up to the hype?

Meta critic isn't being too positive: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii

Post up any decent reviews you find :).

Calneon
15th May 2012, 04:41 PM
Meta critic isn't being too positive: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-ii
You linked to Diablo II. If you were referring to the user reviews on the Diablo III page, those aren't reviews they're just people who were mad that they couldn't play the game when it was launched because of server issues (WHO SAW THAT COMING HUH GUYZ!). Have you read most of the reviews on there? It's just people bitching about how they spent twice as much to be able to play as soon as the game launched and then got pissed off because they couldn't connect.

Chalex4
15th May 2012, 04:50 PM
That is what I meant, sorry. Fixed the link. I guess the servers are up now?

Vicious Horizon
15th May 2012, 06:22 PM
Never even think about metacritic as a valuable source of information these days, people just give 1s and 10s out like candy with nothing in between, it's too easy to 'troll'.

I might get it at some point this week, not really feeling the hype over it if I'm honest, I'll wait until I hear things about it then decide either way.

Target
15th May 2012, 07:40 PM
Pretty obv there was going to be probs on release with so many people around the globe spam logging in :s
Am waiting to see what people think of it, play D2 and that was awesome but it was a long time ago :D
People on TS seemed to still have problems getting online

Calneon
15th May 2012, 08:00 PM
What I played a few hours ago I had no problems logging in but a few times it lagged for a few seconds, which is annoying when you're playing SP but not a huge issue.

Marshy
15th May 2012, 11:18 PM
Love this game, apart from 2 hours work being lost when severed went down -_-

Target
15th May 2012, 11:59 PM
Marshy I LIVE 4 THIS GAME!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Calneon
16th May 2012, 01:28 AM
Well fuck I accidentally made my char on the US server. Looks like I'm starting again xD. Was only lvl 10.

Colonel Mitch
17th May 2012, 05:02 PM
I've got to level 23 now on my wizard (sorceress for diablo 2 fans ;)).

I'm really enjoying the game so far, been playing through with 2 others (swifty and fungum) from level 1.

Game is great fun and the way it works with the skills does try to keep you changing what your doing to make sure its not repetitive.

That said I don't think it has the same charm as diablo 2. It doesnt have the same feeling when you find awesome loot or the same "feel" i my opinion. Lots of people may not think this is a bad thing, they havent made a direct copy of diablo 2 which is good I guess. The cutscenes are #1 and the story is pretty awesome tho :)

Generally if I were to rate diablo 2 back when it came out I would probably give it a 9/10. I would personally probably give diable 3 a 7.5/10. Either way it's still a great game and lots of fun to play especially for friends :)

LMAOAsylum
18th May 2012, 12:27 AM
I just bought this game today & its frickin amazing..... Total Biscuit had a massive bitch about Blizzard being assholes which fair enough they are, but the game itself is amazing. I've played torchlight, Path of Exile & they truly have nothing on this. Combat, adventure, questing, just frickin solid with Diablo 3! Add me on isaac@lmaoasylum.com if you wanna do some co-op.

BrazenBull
21st June 2012, 10:01 AM
This game are amazing, in regards to RPG. I'm more into MMO guy but this just fire my desire to play a whole new RPG game. One of my friends said Demon Hunter a little "underpowered" and I agree some of the aspect.

Calneon
21st June 2012, 10:16 PM
This game are amazing, in regards to RPG. I'm more into MMO guy but this just fire my desire to play a whole new RPG game. One of my friends said Demon Hunter a little "underpowered" and I agree some of the aspect.
Sorry but your friend doesn't know what he's talking about, though they are a lot worse now after the patch.

Once you reach Act 3-4 inferno the game isn't fun anymore, good gear drop rates are so abysmally low you have to resort to the AH to get decent gear or you're going to be farming for months. I can't really complain though since I made >£100 selling some of my gear.

BrazenBull
22nd June 2012, 08:24 AM
Sorry but your friend doesn't know what he's talking about, though they are a lot worse now after the patch.

Once you reach Act 3-4 inferno the game isn't fun anymore, good gear drop rates are so abysmally low you have to resort to the AH to get decent gear or you're going to be farming for months. I can't really complain though since I made >£100 selling some of my gear.

Well that's fucking shitty. I'm sure the ATK community will trade some of the item to the other members in the group.

Target
22nd June 2012, 11:58 AM
He raises a great point :D If we all played it together we could have done this, think people have gone off it a bit now though, everyones looking at Guild Wars 2 I think.