PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting on the servers.

Hutch
13th May 2007, 11:45 AM
This Thread really has two issues.

1. You all know that we need /want lots more active people on the teamspeak server and forums. This means that not only do we want people to put the tag in and sign up to the forums but we also need to persuade them to be active... we need a more vicious advertising campaign... perhaps ingame decals on walls in dust2. We have trialled this before on a very popular deathmatch but I think the reason no one noticed is because deathmatch is so frantic you don't have time to admire the scenery either alive or in spectator mode. Also more admins need to ask people and have binds to recruitment messages like Chalex and I.Taking a personal approach by asking people personally too who are regulars.

2. Other clans recruiting on our servers.... this is controversial. Of course we don't want some clan coming in to poach people but obviously some of the people they pike are not interested in a community or don't speak English. Allowing C2G clans to recruit is ok but we need more of them and insist that all of them have the C2G tag.I have noticed lots of clans have been recruiting recently but I have been more tactful than saying " OI! No recruiting" then giving a kick. I have been persuading them that that clan sucks and that C2G is better. Maybe it's not a good idea if we are competing for members on our own server.

Fin

Chazlene
13th May 2007, 12:03 PM
Forgot about those decals I made for deathmatch, but like you said they would be more effective on our normal maps server.

I also think another way of pulling more people in which would be effective is sort of propaganda, like making films (and comics, give me an archive Chalex) which would then lead people to the C2G site.

VoX
13th May 2007, 12:33 PM
Oooooh I feel another competition brewing for the decals on the walls.

Chalex4
13th May 2007, 02:33 PM
Chazlene, I don't have the time to go browsing the web for an online comic archiver. So, instead of complaining, it would be a lot easier if you could just give me a link to the best few that you have found and then I will sort that out.

Yes, we have tried the in-game decals previously on our popular CSS: DM server. However, at the moment I do not have the time to go around trying to sort all of it all out. Since our server is not set up with a "Download URL" downloading all the decals would take quite a long time, and may actually reduce the amount of people on the server. I am happy for us to do more things like that after exams in the summer, but now would be difficult.

If people are wondering about when we are going to move over to our new name (ATK), that will also be after the exams, in the summer. So that may be the best time to have a large recruitment drive.

Chazlene
13th May 2007, 05:08 PM
Chazlene, I don't have the time to go browsing the web for an online comic archiver. So, instead of complaining, it would be a lot easier if you could just give me a link to the best few that you have found and then I will sort that out.

I've told you hundreds of times I have found some. Here's one, the website with the other one I found doesn't appear to exist anymore:

http://www.designmeme.com/comicgallery/

FaTaL
13th May 2007, 07:53 PM
i will try and get my mates to join and stuff, i think we should have the members that are on the server at the time say things like "Join C2G community", and things like tht, i think tht would get much more people on our forums.

VoX
13th May 2007, 08:28 PM
Well if we are going to have in game decals when Chalex has time then can you tell me if I'm on the right track?

http://www.c2gcommunity.co.uk/imagehosting/74647661e0ab83.png

Maybe have something instead of the clouds or even have nothing there and just the text.