PDA

View Full Version : Where are the admins?

Chronicles
17th May 2007, 01:09 PM
Hey people, its Tomb-King Chronicles^, hehehe, i finally decided i spend enough of my life in C2G server i may as well talk on the forum too!

Where are all the admins by the way? Whenever im on there is always some gimp hacking in the server, and it sucks that no admin is there to ban him!

But otherwise, HELLO !:p

Hutch
17th May 2007, 01:56 PM
Most of the time the admins are at work or doing exams at this period of time, come June 26th you'll be seeing a lot more of us.
Welcome to C2G. Feel free to insert our tag into your name. I've seen you around lots.Try and get more people to join :)

Chronicles
17th May 2007, 01:59 PM
june26th! Awww suxy, i am going to america to do summer work june 1st!

Hutch
17th May 2007, 02:01 PM
Well on the 26th of June we won't have exams or anything holding us up, if you come on teamspeak at around 9 you'll find some people to play with.

Chazlene
17th May 2007, 02:36 PM
Welcome to C2G, if at anytime you do notice a hacker on our servers then just quickly come on TS ad there'll probably be someone on who can ban them.

Chronicles
17th May 2007, 04:00 PM
what be the TS addy, ill chuck it in my list

Chazlene
17th May 2007, 04:16 PM
Look on the right-side of the main page, TS details are on there.

VoX
17th May 2007, 07:06 PM
Yes, I'm normally on steam so add me subz293 and I'll come and ban/spec them.

FaTaL
17th May 2007, 09:30 PM
got xfire? cause im always on at weekends, and im always on ts now, so ill give the admins a shout, easy peasy =D.

Midge
17th May 2007, 10:41 PM
we could really do with sum admins on now..... theres 2 hackers on and no1 is around 2 ban!

Chronicles
18th May 2007, 01:33 AM
nah dont have xfire, i know what midge is on about though...it suxy

Isphera
18th May 2007, 10:51 AM
we could really do with sum admins on now..... theres 2 hackers on and no1 is around 2 ban!

I will again quote my post from another thread'

Most of the time when people say someone is hacking, its just a simple childish insult to try and claw back some respectability from the people on the server. 99% of the time, their simply saying it to try make their death look like a non-noob death, and still look 'pro'.

Half the time, I just ignore the calls of 'HAX! OMG liek tht dude isd hakng wel bd. Chk him plz', cause its just wasted time. If you have to ban someone for that, then ban the ass that cant take being killed.

Just because someone gets headshots constantly, and shoots through a pallet on glasstrap, doesn't mean they hack. You need something really impossible that cannot be replicated by someone else to have just a small fraction of evidence.

Hutch
18th May 2007, 11:36 AM
Geez stop acting like you know everything, you don't know what was happening Oricalcos.

Isphera
18th May 2007, 11:57 AM
I do. Someone is good at CS. Constantly kills people. People get pissed and say he hacks. Complain to us that no admins on to ban hacker. Repeat as unnessecery.

The Cycle of n00b.

Chalex4
18th May 2007, 12:11 PM
Sure, people accuse people of hacking, and sometimes they are wrong. But when there are people on the server with a score of 100:2 it is slightly fishy don't you think? And when that person is running round the map at 10 times the speed of everyone else and is spinning round then you have got to admit, it is extremely doubtful that they aren't hacking. You are right that some people are not hackers and may get accused of it, probably because of a few lucky shots, but there is no doubt when a real 100% hacker is on.

Really all you can do when a hacker is on is say something like "Admin is in RCON mode now, they will be banned soon", start a vote kick, and hopefully the person will leave because they don't want to be banned. I am happy to give out more admin to the newer members, but they must be active on the forums before I can be sure.

Midge
18th May 2007, 04:00 PM
well i have fatal 2 back me up with the hacker accusations
we were watching for atleast 30mins
all kills are headshots (around 60 odd), snapping onto the players heads, etc, i know what an aimbot looks like and that is what i was seeing
i tried 2 get a demo but was too late coz i was too busy trying to get an admin
so dnt say jst coz i was gettin pwned i called him a hacker, i wasnt even playin so i wasnt gettin pwned, i was in spec

FaTaL
18th May 2007, 04:24 PM
he sure does, these where hacking no joke, runing headshots, wallhacks aimbot, every hack in the book, and there was 2 of um.
he had one shot and killed three of us, all headshots.

one was called nono, it was really annoying, i was shouting down ts, but no one was on, so i left

™chaos
18th May 2007, 05:05 PM
I've been called a hacker multiple times on the server, and I'm a damned admin, go figure. Anyway, all you can is really hold back and try and do what you can to get one of us on. I'm normally on the pc quite a lot of the time, but just lately I've been tied up with coursework and alas, not time to spare for css or anything else.

Btw, Midge. I adore your signature.

Isphera
18th May 2007, 06:03 PM
Sure, people accuse people of hacking, and sometimes they are wrong. But when there are people on the server with a score of 100:2 it is slightly fishy don't you think? And when that person is running round the map at 10 times the speed of everyone else and is spinning round then you have got to admit, it is extremely doubtful that they aren't hacking. You are right that some people are not hackers and may get accused of it, probably because of a few lucky shots, but there is no doubt when a real 100% hacker is on.

I am not saying that everytime someone does say someone hacks, their lying and jealous, and I will admit, running just under the speed of light would obviously class as a hack, but having a score of 100:2 does not mean that person is hacking, they may just be talented and play for a pro team, and come on the server for some chill time and/or to see what peopel will do when they get into a killing spree.

As i've said, there are times when hackers are on, and as Hutch has said, I'm not exactly the most dedicated of CS players. But its not just about CS, it applies to all games of this kind, that are vunerable to hacks, and you just can't tell unless you have definitive proof and/or a nice juicy demo with some hack source on it for the adminS to look at. Heck, even WoW has hacks and botting programs which are hard to determine between them and a hardcore grinder.

All I ask is for is the stop of the constant bitching of hacking, and have a dedicated thread where you can post info that will be helpful for admins to assess the situation. Because if we just ban everyone that gets a 40KDR or is suspected of hacking, we will just end up with people who can't play CS or simply fuck around going 'OmG lolzor i cn shotz ppl in ze hedz......BOOM HEADZSHOTZ!', annoying the crap out of everyone and then going 'OMG, gd perzn, bn plz?!', and coming on TS sounding like they have had their balls cut off at birth as well as being punched and crying.

Can we find a more efficient system, over the 'post, random details, same generic responce, random comment, nothing gets solved' system?

VoX
18th May 2007, 06:12 PM
Did you get their Steam ID Midge?

Hutch
18th May 2007, 06:22 PM
Ok, get a demo and send it to me K? Or better yet add it to the Tube and ill look at it then take action.

Chronicles
19th May 2007, 01:05 AM
eeek, didnt wana cause a arguement. I just think that it sucks when someone is blaintly hacking....the kind that is lighting speed running, constant headshots, and wall hacks. If someone is good, with sick ratios, i commend them, but if i have to sit as a spectator for 10 mins until a REAL HACKER leaves, thats just anoying!

Isphera
19th May 2007, 07:43 AM
Ill agree. If there is someone who is hacking, and theres obvious proof to back it up, then I will report them. Ive just seen lots of times on our servers where admins and other players have been quick to the conclusion that a luck spree or a pro player is simply playing well, only to be banned for hacking, and then start threads on here, and degrading the reputation.

I am like the way I am with this because I want people to be absolutly sure about if someone is hacking and that they have definitive proof to the fact that they are, and would be able to show me or another admin if asked for.

I will also admit, I am not the most controlled person when it comes to giving their point of view, such as the traditional hack reporter going 'OMG lozl, he haxz, admn bn plz!', because that is what I have experienced in my times on the servers.

Im gonna stop here, cause I don't want the two longest posts in the thread and the forum to go past that, and these long posts hurt my hands :D