PDA

View Full Version : ATK Guild Wars 2 Guild

Calneon
28th August 2012, 10:50 AM
So GW2 has finally been released! I know some of you have been playing it over the LAN through the three day headstart, and some of you are planning to buy the game soon. It's important we create a community within the game, which basically means we need to be on the same server!

I've made an ATK guild on the Blacktide server, so make sure you make your character on that server and ask me for an invite. If you've already made your character, you can transfer servers for free for an undetermined time so transfer over fast before they start charging for the service.

Also, post your account names and numbers here so we can all add each other as friends. Mine is Calneon.5276.

Can't wait to start playing with everyone!

EDIT: Due to Gandara becoming full, we are moving to Blacktide. Servers are filling up fast so make sure you get the game sooner rather than later!

WiLz0
28th August 2012, 11:37 AM
playing on desolation

Calneon
28th August 2012, 12:04 PM
playing on desolation
Do you want to transfer over?

Chalex4
28th August 2012, 12:15 PM
Cool I'll join Gandara then. Have got my CD key but apparently it's not available to play quite yet.

My username is campbellal.1687.

EDIT: I'm on - Gandara is full though! Am now on Blacktide.

GriffinDoor
28th August 2012, 12:27 PM
Hey, I'm a level 6 and currently playing Ranger dude!

GriffinDoor.3867

Calneon
28th August 2012, 12:36 PM
Moving the guild to Blacktide because Gandara is full.

WiLz0
28th August 2012, 12:46 PM
you sure its free to change ? as said something about a cost when i last checked

FireResistant
28th August 2012, 12:51 PM
Moving the guild to Blacktide because Gandara is full.

Right, moving to Blacktide then.

"FireResistant.1895" for those who don't know

FireResistant
28th August 2012, 12:56 PM
you sure its free to change ?

yeah some of us have already tried it, it says it costs nothing atm, so probably just free at the start to let people settle on the same server or whatever.

Calneon
28th August 2012, 01:26 PM
you sure its free to change ? as said something about a cost when i last checked
Yeah they're letting people change for free at the start so they can group up with friends etc.

nikoli
28th August 2012, 01:30 PM
I thought transfers where always meant to be free?

Calneon
28th August 2012, 01:36 PM
I thought transfers where always meant to be free?
No they'll start charging for them at some point.

Joe
28th August 2012, 02:28 PM
Not sure on whether to buy this, never played the first one, thoughts so far?

kneticz
28th August 2012, 03:08 PM
Same boat ^ everyone pretty positive about it

Calneon
28th August 2012, 03:35 PM
It's nothing like GW1 was, so it doesn't matter that you haven't played it. At it's core it's like any other MMO but just really well done with a cool quest system, level adjusted monsters (if you're higher level than a dungeon it will scale you down so you can still play it and get rewards).

nikoli
28th August 2012, 04:51 PM
I just got it joe so iono it seems alright like the world v world pvp sounds pretty epic :)

Target
28th August 2012, 08:44 PM
Probably will order it very soon, but don't want another SWTOR situation when everyone stops playing after 5mins....
Will prob order tomorrow!

Setsoru
28th August 2012, 09:29 PM
im ordering it now :D

Vicious Horizon
28th August 2012, 10:33 PM
SWTOR had an awesome quest feature too, that went well (although the story was actually a pretty good reason to play it).. I tho k I'll wait a couple of weeks and see what the usual suspects say before I jump on this bandwagon

Calneon
28th August 2012, 11:26 PM
Yeah I'm not going to say this game definitely won't be SWTOR all over again but I don't think it will :P.

Target
29th August 2012, 12:01 AM
I think enough people are buying it and the fact there is no subscription means they can always come back to it, think I will try and get a copy tomorrow :D

Calneon
29th August 2012, 01:04 AM
I'm currently looking at a new server for us, as Blacktide seems to be a Polish/Russian server. Desolation and Gandara are the two UK servers but they are overflowing. I need to find a balance between population, english speakers, and potential for doing well in WvW. I'll let everyone know what to change to if and when I make a decision.

Chazlene
29th August 2012, 02:03 PM
Just bought it, will be on later today, choose that new server quick Calneon :p

Target
29th August 2012, 02:05 PM
How about Gunnars Hold, my mates on that server, dunno what its like, but he has some friends on there aswell that would prob join atk and play. Check it out, I'm buying the game today :D

Bear
29th August 2012, 02:09 PM
FAR SHIVERPEAKS is an english server with alot of people on it that used to play wow and dark age of camelot , so if ure looking for a descent community to play alongside with , thats ure best bet, also it aint full to the brim yet , but it is on its way of getting there.

Calneon
29th August 2012, 02:48 PM
You can switch freely without having to remake your characters so it doesn't matter if we have to change a few times.

Looks like Gunnar's Hold is the best bet at the moment, it's at medium capacity and looks to contain mostly english guilds. Far Shiverpeeks is high so I'm a bit wary of joining that, though otherwise it looks like a good server. Gandara and Desolation are both not full anymore, so it's also a possibility to move over to them if people are fast and can get in before it fills up again. Advantage of that is they are likely to be top WvW servers, but the queues might be long. I'll keep an eye and see where different servers are headed.

Bear
29th August 2012, 03:04 PM
trust me , youre better off joining a high server then a low or medium one , they always over exxa those things to begin with to avoid problems, the community on Far Shiverpeaks will be competitive to say the least , also PvP will be great since they r all pvp minded and no polish or russian mofo's (soz Nick :p-). Bear.1654 , I started on blacktide for now , my main is an engineer , add me calneon

Calneon
29th August 2012, 03:33 PM
trust me , youre better off joining a high server then a low or medium one , they always over exxa those things to begin with to avoid problems, the community on Far Shiverpeaks will be competitive to say the least , also PvP will be great since they r all pvp minded and no polish or russian mofo's (soz Nick :p-). Bear.1654 , I started on blacktide for now , my main is an engineer , add me calneon
Yeah Far Shiverpeeks will be good but it might go full so ATK people can't join, also the queue times would be longer. I switched to Gunnar's Hold for the moment.

Chalex4
29th August 2012, 04:00 PM
Transferred to Gunnar's Hold.

Target
29th August 2012, 04:08 PM
Creating my chara on Gunnar's Hold when this shit installs :P

Colonel Mitch
29th August 2012, 04:14 PM
Transfering to gunnars hold now

WiLz0
30th August 2012, 03:02 AM
wilzoo or wilz00 cant remember.9752