PDA

View Full Version : Foolish AOL

Hutch
22nd May 2007, 04:16 PM
My dad uses AOL Webmail, but they changed it and now firefox crashes to an error report screen if the new webmail is opened (Doesnt crash at any other time). AOL no longer support Firefox. Very well. The people at the help center are retarded.

15:45:37 You Hi, my browser seems to crash while using AOL webmail since it was changed recently
15:45:59 Rohit Sharma Hello:-)
15:45:59 Rohit Sharma I understand your concern and I'll do all I can to help you.
15:45:59 Rohit Sharma .May I know the exact error message you are getting please?
15:46:38 You Firefox has experienced a problem and needs to close, followed by send error report
15:47:49 Rohit Sharma I would like to inform you that you need to uninstall and reinstall FIREFOX and your issue will be resolved:-)
15:49:13 You Also I think it's fairly stupid on your site how it shows the way to deal with problems with users using IE with no Firefox issue
15:50:49 Rohit Sharma I understand how you feel and believe me if i were at your place I would have felt the same and I would request you to please uninstall it and reinstall it and your issue will be resolved:-)
15:51:22 You Ok thanks
15:52:01 Rohit Sharma Many thanks for your understanding:-)
15:52:11 Rohit Sharma Apart from this issue is there any other query I can assist you with today?
15:52:56 You Why is the webmail a horrible colour of beige? and why does it try to teach me about smilies I already know?
15:55:10 Rohit Sharma I would like to inform you that it is the default settings in the website and I would request your co-operation:-)
15:56:08 You I have reinstalled my open source software after uninstalling it yet the problem still persists
15:57:41 Rohit Sharma Is it like a pop up?
15:58:31 You no Its a windows error message
15:58:46 You which only comes up while using AOL Webmail
15:59:21 Rohit Sharma Did you uninstall Firefox?
16:00:34 You yes
16:01:02 Rohit Sharma I would like to inform you that INTERNET EXPLORER 7 is a BETA version and Unfortunately AOL does not support it. So, In this case I will advise you to please uninstall INTERNET EXPLORER 7 and reinstall INTERNET EXPLORER 6.0 and if you wish I can send you the steps to do that .....
16:02:18 You I have no problems with IE7, its Firefox that is unstable.
16:02:42 Rohit Sharma But AOL does not support both:-(
16:03:21 You Im only using IE 7 because firefox keeps crashing.
16:05:43 You All websites should work anyway with all browsers if they have been written in the correct language, if your website doesn't support all browsers then it was poorly thought out
16:06:22 Rohit Sharma I would like to inform you that the error message you are getting is from windows and it means that some files has been corrupted and that is why you need to uninstall firefox and reinstall it and if the issue still persists then you need to repair your windows and I can understand it is very frustating for you and i would suggest you to please contact your system manufacturer and they will immediately do this for you and your issue will be resolved:-)
16:06:32 Rohit Sharma frustating*
16:07:15 You do you have to do a smilie after every paragraph, including the one where you told me to reinstall windows?
16:07:42 Rohit Sharma No.
16:10:12 You Well thanks for all the help, If it was any. I'll go find my Windows CD and my book of emoticons... goodbye.
16:10:53 Rohit Sharma Many thanks for your understanding.
16:10:53 Rohit Sharma Thank you for calling us at AOL Chat and has been an absolute pleasure helping you. If you still have any issues, please do not hesitate and visit us at Keyword:LIVE HELP and we shall be more than happy to help you. Thank you once again take care and goodbye. :-)

They asked me to use IE 6 when IE 7 has completed beta, they told me to rid myself of open source as well as reinstall windows, Why? Because their site is broken. This also shows that AOL actually encourage the use of AOL Speek and have emoticons everywhere now. Bastards

D@rw!n
22nd May 2007, 06:02 PM
Hahahaha! This was SO funny to read! xD Too bad it's true... ^^

VoX
22nd May 2007, 06:02 PM
When I used to have AOL it drove me nuts and I kept on complaining to my parents about it and eventually they gave in, only to get Tiscali Broadband :mad:

Also lol at the fact that he still used the gay :-) smiley at the very end even after asking not to do so, not to be racist or anything but this does prove that having a company that hire people with names like Rohit Sharma as the people who deal with complaints can only go down.

Heres a thing, what do you do if you are calling to complain about the people that answer the phones?

Isphera
22nd May 2007, 06:32 PM
AOL = Crap.

End of.

Chazlene
22nd May 2007, 07:48 PM
I really can't understand why AOL have made themselves so awful. When I had it, it had its own stupid browser program you had to start up, so you couldn't connect to the net without having this program open which took up a lot of CPU usage. And also for the first year of having it I would stay connected to the net for about 5 minutes, then it would disconnect for a couple of minutes then reconnect again, so I couldn't go on Teamspeak or play any games online. And everyone else I know who uses AOL has this same problem.
Well, thank god for being on demon now via a router so I have no shitty software and can't even disconnect from the internet.

Isphera
22nd May 2007, 07:53 PM
Charlie says the long version of what I would have said,'cept I am on Nildram instead of Demon.

Hutch
22nd May 2007, 07:59 PM
I changed to Plusnet so that I wouldn't have to use AOL software, although before I changed I deleted AOL off my computer and Downloaded the real drivers for the modem they provide rather than the fake ones they give with the software.

nev
23rd May 2007, 07:45 AM
so basicly AOL SUCKS! loool:D

D@rw!n
23rd May 2007, 12:52 PM
LOL, this thread REALLY reminds me of this (http://www.hamsterpaj.net/underhallning/view_item.php?id=96)!!

Chalex4
23rd May 2007, 01:04 PM
Haha, that video is soooo true. Quality.

Why am I paying for 1st rate technical support from a 3rd world country?

Lol :D .

D@rw!n
23rd May 2007, 02:42 PM
Haha, that video is soooo true. Quality.

Lol :D .

Yeah, that flashmovie rules!

VoX
23rd May 2007, 06:42 PM
That just proves the incompetence of call centers.

FaTaL
25th May 2007, 08:22 PM
we had AOL, bag of carp tbh. nobody get it, its just poo.!