PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Fire

Chalex4
25th May 2007, 09:27 AM
I am interested to know whether you guys would prefer the normal maps server with Friendly Fire on. Please vote in the poll and tell post below why you would like it on, or off.

Hutch
25th May 2007, 10:49 AM
Yes, it does make it more realistic. That's a good thing. But people always run n00bishly into nades and bullets of their own team, some people TK for fun which would have to be policed by an auto ban feature for 60 mins and we would get pestered about why someone got banned constantly seeing as some nub ran in front of their gun. Friendly fire only kind of works on DODS as it makes it more realistic but you still get the fool running out into a full stream of machine gun bullets. It'll be worse in the confines of Office, Assault and Italy

Chalex4
25th May 2007, 11:08 AM
There is a good little addon called Jerk Tracker. This is what is does:

Quick Description:

All of us have been on a server at some time or another when an admin isn't around and this jerk decides to go ballistic on his team by attacking them with nades, flashbangs, knifing, etc. Jerk_Tracker allows admins to configure each offense and that offense's punishment separately using a minimum/maximum setting.

Protects Against:

1. Friendly Fire
2. Spawn Attacking
3. Spawn Flashing

(spawn protection time configurable by the admin)
(each offense configurable per ROUND and per MAP)
(punishments configurable per offense)

If we used this along with Mani's options then FF on should be fine. There are also lots of announcements to warn people:

If you choose to have announcements turned on, Jerk Tracker toggles through 3 different messages at each round's start. Each round, one of the following 3 messages will be displayed at random:

1. [Jerk Tracker]: Do not retaliate for team-wounding - you may be kicked/banned of you do.
2. This server is being Monitered and Administrated by Jerk_Tracker v1.4
3. [Jerk Tracker]: You may be kicked or banned for attacking teammates in any way.

There are tonnes of variables in this addon, so everything can be fully customised.

Chronicles
25th May 2007, 12:08 PM
Just have plain old friendly fire on, and any nub that decides to empty his m4 / AK / p90 into his fellow teammates back on purpose because he thinks its funny should automatically be removed from the server, or just made into a human bomb :)

Nah on a serious note, FF is a pain in the ass in some ways, but thats the fun of it! If i chose to run through the middle of a firefight, because I want to get accross the corridor, I should tell people where I am, what im doing, and abuse my mic a bit if I die :) This way, the game becomes a lot more tactical, and thus in my eyes, much more fun!

And about office and close quarter maps, BRING IT ON! Just make sure hutch aint behind me when i storm, i fear ill take more bullets from him than the enemy ;)

Hutch
25th May 2007, 12:16 PM
Well, I am less liberal in office with guns that most people. The only gun I spray with is the P90 and that's when I'm on my own. If that thing does stop jerks chalex, explain how it prevents little accidents resulting in bans, or how we configure it so that it doesn't do that.

Chazlene
25th May 2007, 12:38 PM
I do agree it'll be good to have it on since it means people won't spray as much. But it doesn't really make any difference if it's on since we're British and we don't friendly fire like Americans. :p

VoX
25th May 2007, 06:11 PM
Well I'm all for it and we should give Jerk Tracker a go, it might all screw up but it could be a great addition.

And if all else fails then an admin will probably be on the server to deal with it all.

Isphera
25th May 2007, 07:45 PM
I do agree it'll be good to have it on since it means people won't spray as much. But it doesn't really make any difference if it's on since we're British and we don't friendly fire like Americans. :p

Correct, unlike the Americans, we dont shoot anything we see, we don't do a shag-a-gun-orama for 10 cents, and we dont fire on the people that gave us the English language, a form of intelliegence, as well as everything we invented. And what do they give us? Several bullets in our own soldiers and powedered milk.

American Football is awesome though.

FaTaL
25th May 2007, 08:27 PM
yes i do reasons:

1.You get mofo's who come on and every round shot at all of his team mates.
2.people shoot at team mates till they have little health and then the guy with little health kills him, and the knob who TA steals all his money.

Chalex4
25th May 2007, 09:38 PM
We tried FF on, it wasn't that fun. People were constantly being slayed etc. and the server wasn't a very happy place. Also, the Jerk-Tracker addon lagged the server a little. Thread closed.