PDA

View Full Version : Beta Released!

Chalex4
20th June 2007, 12:01 AM
I paid my £5.00 for my one month subscription to FilePlanet to be able to download the public beta 3 days before the free members, and it was worth every penny. In actual fact, I shouldn't have been able to play it until tomorrow, but I was lucky enough to get a sneak peak in which only a few subscribers could take part in.

-=MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS=-

These specifications do not represent the final hardware requirements for Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. Development is ongoing and support for a much wider range of hardware is expected for the game's final release.

SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS:
Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP/Vista (Windows 95/98/ME/2000 are unsupported)
Microsoft DirectX 9.0c (included)

HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS:
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 3.2 Ghz or AMD(R) Athlon(TM) XP 3200+ processor
RAM: 1GB RAM
VIDEO CARD: 128MB NVIDIA(R) Geforce(TM) 6600GT or ATI(R) Radeon(R) X800 (full list of supported chipsets below)
SOUND CARD: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
HDD SPACE: 950MB of free hard drive space, plus 700MB for Windows swap file
INTERNET: Broadband connection and service required for full gameplay and downloads. Features may change without notice.

RECOMMENDED HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS:
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 3.4 Ghz or AMD(R) Athlon(TM) XP 3500+ processor
RAM: 1GB RAM
VIDEO CARD: 256MB NVIDIA(R) Geforce(TM) 6800GT or ATI(R) Radeon(R) X850 (full list of supported chipsets below)
SOUND CARD: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
HDD SPACE: 950MB of free hard drive space, plus 700MB for Windows swap file
INTERNET: Broadband connection and service required for full gameplay and downloads. Features may change without notice.

SUPPORTED VIDEO CHIPSETS*:
NVIDIA Geforce 6 Series (6600GT or higher)
NVIDIA Geforce 7 Series
NVIDIA Geforce 8 Series
ATI Radeon X800 or higher
ATI Radeon X1600Pro or higher

-=DIRECTX=-

-=Windows XP=-
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (hereafter ET:QW) requires that your computer have the latest version of DirectX 9.0c installed in order to run. This is included with ET:QW and will run automatically during installation, and is also available online at:

http://www.microsoft.com

-=Windows Vista=-
DirectX 10 is included with Windows Vista so no additional DirectX installation is required.

Despite my rig being a P4 3.0Ghz not a 3.2, I can still play the game with the graphics all on medium. Even on my Nvidia GeForce 6800GS 256MB the graphics look stunning (for my PC) and I have experienced no lag/warping so far, unlike BF2/2142 which uses far more system resources and has constant lag spikes (on my system).

I highly recommend anyone interested in a new FPS to download the Beta, it will be available for free members of FilePlanet on Saturday (30,000 places). Remember that this is not the demo so there will be bugs. I will post my observations etc. as I play it more, and I will keep you posted on how my PC copes ;) .

Please note: This game is NOT like the BF series, it is much faster and the maps are smaller. It is much more DM/Arcade style, but I absolutely love it!

Hutch
20th June 2007, 08:20 AM
You sold your soul, and now you brag about it. AS for you saying a billion times that its more arcadey, I was kind of expecting it seeing as I play the original ET.

Chalex4
20th June 2007, 09:11 AM
Lol Hutch. You played ET for about an hour and said it was crap. Good luck in getting a key, loads of people want them.

Hutch
20th June 2007, 10:01 AM
Good luck getting into heaven lol. Loads of people want to go... jealous? Yes I am.

Chalex4
20th June 2007, 10:15 AM
I am thinking about posting our TS IP on the official ET:QW forums so people can use it to communicate as there is no VOIP in-game. Would any of you object hugely to that?

Hutch
20th June 2007, 11:07 AM
Not really.

Chazlene
20th June 2007, 01:04 PM
Sounds like a good idea, to get more people into the community, just make sure they don't behave like SPWN, and just sit in their own channel constantly.

Chalex4
20th June 2007, 03:19 PM
Well, most of them would stay in the ET:QW channel since they are playing that game :) . I agree that it would certainly let more people know about the community, and hopefully lots of people would think of joining.

VoX
20th June 2007, 05:45 PM
Yes and don't complain and fight and end up with the channel being removed and then spamming TS constantly.

Can't play this as I have the built in GFX card for my PC but would get it otherwise :mad:.

I have no objection to them being on TS but could we make it so that they can use it if they stay active on forums and stuff or is that a it to harsh?

Hutch
20th June 2007, 07:14 PM
I SOLD MY SOUL TO FILEPLANET! Dling now! Damn cookies and firewall tried to stop me, but I prevailed!

Isphera
21st June 2007, 11:32 AM
I don't mind, so long as they only go in there own channel.

Hutch
22nd June 2007, 11:32 AM
Running around as a covert ops or infiltrator is fun, you get to pretend to be on the other side, then hack the objective or backstab people.

Hutch
22nd June 2007, 03:24 PM
Double post but this shit was hidden on the ETQW community site and has been found by someone being boring... Server host information (http://community.enemyterritory.com/index.php?q=node/60 )