PDA

View Full Version : ATK T-Shirts

Chalex4
4th July 2007, 03:55 PM
http://www.atkcommunity.com/banners/news/multiplay.png

Today I contacted a local company and got some information concerning the prices of the official ATK Community T-Shirts.

Because a print has to be created of the jpg there is a one-off charge that is far higher than the price of printing the T-Shirts. This figure is around £60 including VAT so until we have paid this amount off, this figure will be part of the cost of the t-shirt. Once I have got the amount back, the price will drop considerably. I am incorporating this cost into the shirts with the idea that they will be paid off after the first 10 sales.

So, the cost of the shirts will be about £14.00 including VAT, excluding any postage and packaging costs.

The T-Shirt will be black with the logo/name on the front and the sponsor on the back. The only trims available are red stripes going down the arms which is £5 extra or white round the neck and arms which the same price. We will not have the expensive trim and I am thinking about the white one.

So, the cost of the first shirts will go down in cost if more people buy it as soon as they are created. Please post below if you can pay £14.00 or less for the shirt. If I get over 10 people able to pay for the shirts then the price will decrease. If I get less than 10, the price will increase. To give you an idea, the cost of the shirts after we have paid off the £60 will be around £8.50 including VAT, excluding postage and packaging.

Since I live near them, I can collect the shirts. If some people want to avoid the P&P cost, I can give them the shirt at i31.

I know many of you wanted custom names on your shirt. That would require a new copy of the jpg, so an extra £60 per shirt.

PLEASE POST BELOW IF YOU CAN PAY THE £14.00 OR LESS AND I WILL ADD YOU TO THE LIST. DO NOT SAY YES BEFORE YOU ARE 100% SURE YOU CAN PAY IT!!

Can Pay £14.00 max:

Chalex4
Chazlene
Cillit Bang
Fatal - 25th July
Colonel Mitchel
Target

(3 more people needed!)

**T-SHIRT DESIGN - FINAL VERSION**

http://www.atkcommunity.com/logos/FRONT_PREVIEW.jpg

http://www.atkcommunity.com/logos/BACK_PREVIEW.jpg

Hutch
4th July 2007, 04:20 PM
Sounds cool, I probably won't need one. Can we buy them when we need them after the £60 has been paid off?

Chazlene
4th July 2007, 04:23 PM
I'm confused, is it £60 to make a certain number of shirts or just to have the picture used?
I can probably pay, but do I get a reduction because I found the company that's making the shirts and because I actually made the design for them? :p

Chalex4
4th July 2007, 04:29 PM
Listen, they need the £60 to make the copy of the jpg otherwise we will not have any T-Shirts at all, therefore I cannot offer any discounts (and you deserve one Chazlene). Once the £60 is paid we never have to pay it again (unless we change the design), it is a one-off charge.

@Hutch: I worked out that 10 people should be able to pay, one of those people was you. It would certainly help if you could buy them at the £14.00 price. If no-one buys them then they will always be £14.

The T-Shirts will be a fun thing to have - £14.00 is not that expensive. Also, please be clear when you are saying yes to paying the £14.00, I don't want to make a mistake.

FaTaL
4th July 2007, 06:32 PM
i can buy one, but i neeed 2 wait 3 weeks after my holiday.

Chalex4
5th July 2007, 02:38 PM
I have talked to loads of other companies but not one of them can beat the £14 (including setup)and none of them were less than £10 for just the T-Shirt. I rang back the company I spoke to yesterday and they said that they could use heat transfers instead of using plates but there is only one type of each colour and complicated designs wouldn't work well. The shirt would be the same price (£8.50) but it would be £14.50 to create the image instead of £60.

The method that they quoted us for the £60 was an extremely high quality method and would not wear out easily. I took a look on their website and the t-shirts they produced look incredible, really good quality and vibrant colours. In the long term, I think this is worth it, even if it is a bore at the moment to pay the £14.50/£60. You definitely wouldn't regret ordering a t-shirt, which I am sure you would if I made it.

I also checked out doing it ourselves. However, it would be a difficult to get white and from what the people on the internet think, it is not worth it because they wear out very quickly, especially if only using an iron and not a proper press.

@ Chazlene: the jpgs used for t-shirts need to be at least 300 ppi and the same size (if not more) as we want it printed, any less and there will be pixilation. So if we want it to be 10 inches across it needs to be 10 inches in photoshop. Remember, we need to also cater for the larger sizes. The reason I say this is that you may need to re-create the t-shirt because on all the websites I have been on, they say that it is too small to create the size of image I want. When you have done this, I am going to send the image to the company to see if our design would work by heat transfer (the cheaper option). Please make sure that you only have a small black border around the image.

** I am not sure of the exact size we want the logos to take up. I recommend that you make it as big as you can, about 12 inches - no larger. Then, if it much easier to make smaller and resize. I know this is a real bore, but it is better having good quality prints rather than pixilated ones!

Chazlene
5th July 2007, 03:38 PM
I've made the design bigger using the larger, full version of the logo, and I also drew a T-shirt in photoshop to see what the design would look like on it, and it looks a lot better with the skull in the middle rather than on the right.

FaTaL
5th July 2007, 05:36 PM
ill need a xl probs, im 6 ft 4-5 tall, and well i got love handles.
lol.

spawnofebil
5th July 2007, 06:35 PM
FATAL IS FAT LAWL

On an unrelated note, I'm also 6' 3-4". COINCIDENCE?

FaTaL
5th July 2007, 08:34 PM
nope.
i have big bones =D

VoX
5th July 2007, 08:47 PM
Yeah sure thats what they all say ;).

Isphera
5th July 2007, 08:55 PM
FATAL IS FAT LAWL

On an unrelated note, I'm also 6' 3-4". COINCIDENCE?

You are not 6'3

spawnofebil
5th July 2007, 09:14 PM
Yes I am Oricalcos. I would know more than you :/

Chalex4
5th July 2007, 09:50 PM
Please see the T-Shirt Design mock-up on my updated first post. I really need to know who can pay £14 or less for the T-Shirt because otherwise we will never have the money to get this produced.

Snerfs
6th July 2007, 06:49 PM
on the topic of height, i am 15 years old and im 6' 5'' exactly, BEAT THAT :P:P

VoX
6th July 2007, 07:10 PM
Like the design Chalex, I could buy one but only for about £10 max, hope that still helps.

I'm 5ft 7 (Please don't laugh I'm only 13) and as skinny as there is lol.

FaTaL
7th July 2007, 05:11 PM
i am 15 years old and i am 6ft 4.3.
and the T-shirts look nice =D

Isphera
9th July 2007, 06:50 PM
When did I say I would actually buy one? I said I would NEVER buy one.

Chalex4
12th July 2007, 01:09 PM
Come on guys, we need at least 3 more people to pay £14 then all we have to get is a sponsor on the back and I can order. Please remember, that if you want these last few you may well get some extra powers on the servers when we become sponsored again. I can't say exactly what, but it is likely that you will get something, even if it is only temporary.

FaTaL
13th July 2007, 05:35 PM
just to be funky ill buy two.
28 pound
not much.
ill have to send via mail cause of gay parents and not allowing me to use my credit card till im 17 - 18 lal.

spawnofebil
13th July 2007, 09:48 PM
Get a debit card mate.

FaTaL
13th July 2007, 11:14 PM
tbh i cba to get my self a private one, so yh....

Chalex4
15th July 2007, 11:04 AM
Cheers FaTaL for buying 2, that really helps a huge amount. However, we are still quite a long way off the amount we need, another 4 people paying £14 would be perfect.

FaTaL
15th July 2007, 01:22 PM
how about i just send you like 30 pound

Chalex4
15th July 2007, 02:56 PM
Sure, that would be easier and the extra £2 would be useful. I assume that you are still wanting 2 shirts for the £30 :D .

FaTaL
15th July 2007, 10:19 PM
well if im paying for them the n yh lol.

VoX
20th July 2007, 06:29 PM
I might not be able to buy one as £10 is a bit steep for a shirt that I would only use for lounging around in.

Chalex4
20th July 2007, 10:57 PM
True, although you can also think of the £1.50 extra as a donation - and if you donate you get extra stuff ;) .

VoX
21st July 2007, 08:15 AM
What I will do Chalex is not buy a T-Shirt as there is not much point as I can't go to i31, but I will get one of the subscriptions when they come out to help the community go along.

FaTaL
21st July 2007, 01:35 PM
i cant go i31 but im still buying t-shirts.
and donating 2 pound bomblakshack

Chalex4
24th July 2007, 09:50 PM
The price of the t-shirts has dropped and they are now available for £13.50 including your name printed on it! Since we have changed the method of printing the price will always be £13.50. Let me know if you want one printed, I need to know before 11pm tonight since I am ordering them tomorrow.

FaTaL
26th July 2007, 01:04 PM
yo chalex pm me about the bank transfer details.
im kinda banned from my pc cause im of the police coming round to me lol.
so pm me about it and ill transfer you the money.
im still buying two ?

Hutch
26th July 2007, 01:15 PM
What the hell are you on about fatal? Police???

Jason
30th July 2007, 10:28 PM
I will buy one but in about 1 - 2 weeks because i owe my sister £10 so wont have anything until next Sunday, or until money goes into my bank account. :D