PDA

View Full Version : Possible Community Contact List?

Isphera
5th August 2007, 08:09 PM
DO NOT POST ACTUAL DETAILS YET, THIS IS DISCUSSION THREAD TO SEE WHAT YOU THINK

OK, so youve just wiped in Kara and need help. Yet people that can are not on, and you have no way to contact them. Or, some dudes going 'OMFG I OWN WITZ L3£7 HAX L0lol' on the server, yet no admin is on. Or we have a join spammer, yet no SA's are on.

I've had an idea. Everyone in the community that wants to, can submit as much or as little information as they want to people compiling a spreadsheet of information for people to contact them on in case they need them. Naturally, e-mail and Skype/MSN is a no brainer, its on the forum. But if people were willing, it could include more personal ways of contact, such as phone numbers/mobile numbers etc.

I think this would work well because it helps people in the community find help if they need it or query people about stuff for the night if they haven't been able to get hold of them.

A submission would be like this:
Name:
Alias:
Clan:
MSN:

And so on. This form isn't final, as we could add ICQ or take off Mob number. I just wondered what you thought. Post and comment.

VoX
5th August 2007, 08:15 PM
Yeah I think it's a great idea!

Hutch
5th August 2007, 08:24 PM
Its a good idea, but remember, If people can see your contact list they can ruin you with prank phone calls. If this is done we need to make this private and only give details to trusted people in a forum group. Putting out personal details on the internets aint good. Trusted people can ring admins on behalf of people fretting if a problem arises.

FaTaL
5th August 2007, 09:52 PM
im trusted lads =D.
yh its a good idea but i we gotta give it some one we can all trust. hould poll it and see who wins

Hutch
5th August 2007, 09:54 PM
You can have more than one person who has the phone numbers. Just make sure they wont phone you everyday though.

FaTaL
5th August 2007, 09:56 PM
yh then you know who it is who is doing it and you can then go to where they live and kill them =D.
i have a blunt machete

VoX
6th August 2007, 12:19 PM
A friend who lives down my road has about 10 rifles lol.

I'll hold all the numbers if you want, I'm active and, well, you can choose whether I'm trusted.

Jason
6th August 2007, 01:56 PM
Might be an idea not to post on forums but direct contact via TS

VoX
6th August 2007, 03:19 PM
Well I think Oric's idea was to have them all in a word document or spreadsheet and then people use xfire etc to get the info off of them.

Snerfs
7th August 2007, 10:31 AM
im trusted, muwhahahahaha, *cough* i mean, well.... lol im not bothered who the phone numbers go to as long as its not target, he'd ring me all the time lol. It'd be funny but still annoying :)

Hutch
7th August 2007, 12:07 PM
Sorry Daemon but who would actually need your phone number? Noone needs to contact you about anything as you don't have any admin.