PDA

View Full Version : Subscriptions

Chalex4
30th August 2007, 11:51 AM
For a long time we have been talking about having a subscription system for the Community. Below is the 1st draft:

Basic - £1.50 / month
Ping immunity
VIP user title (forum)

Bronze - £2.50 / month
Ping immunity
VIP user title (forum)
Auto-swap immunity
AFK immunity

Silver - £3.50 / month
Ping immunity
VIP user title (forum)
Auto-swap immunity
AFK immunity
Rate check
ESP menu (lines showing where people are aiming etc)
VIP skins

Gold - £5.00 / month
Ping immunity
VIP user title (forum)
Auto-swap immunity
AFK immunity
Rate check
VIP skins
Bigger avatar/signature/profile picture (forum)
100,000 in bank (one-off)
Auto-observe player

Platinum - £7.50 / month
Ping immunity
VIP user title (forum)
Auto-swap immunity
AFK immunity
Rate check
VIP skins
Auto-observe player
PM limit set to 100 (forum)
Increased image cap to 100 and more upload slots (forum)
Custom user title (forum)

Premium - £10.00 / month
Ping immunity
VIP user title (forum)
Auto-swap immunity
AFK immunity
Rate check
VIP skins
Auto-observe player
PM limit set to 100 (forum)
Increased image cap to 100 and more upload slots (forum)
Custom user title (forum)
Basic admin (depending on how trustworthy)
ATK email address (25MB space)
25MB Website space

The parts highlighted in red are new to that subscription package. If you have any suggestions on how to make the list better in any way please post below. The money that I receive from this will go towards:

Domains
Website Hosting
vBulletin licence

If any extra money is accumilated this will be saved and go towards things that we want/need such as HLStatsX.

nev
30th August 2007, 12:36 PM
Looks great after all the disscusing lol

all the prices and thing look ok to me

Siepie
30th August 2007, 12:36 PM
hmmm, from a initial look at the pricing im not sure. It might work but depends how many people you have helping towards your expences.

For example, if everyone registered was to pay for premium ( i know its unlikely ) but if they did. It would be raking in £1720. Which to say is alot of money is a understatement. I cant think of a reason you would need that kind of money for a community of 130. Doesnt mean that you dont want to go above your current member count as its always nice to have a little room to breath when dealing with servers.

What im saying is, if you needed 1 dedicated server (for example) and everyone was willing to pay to keep it going. It would only cost ~70p a month for a server costing a total of £100 a month. But as with most things, not everyone is willing to pay to help things going. So something like your pricing system is good idea , but even if say 10 people went premium, you have yourself a dedicated server.

/rabble off

Hutch
30th August 2007, 12:53 PM
Yes but most of the 130 are inactive. We could easily expand our servers if we had too much money, and that would bring in more people. This way people can pay and choose what they want. Not many will pay for premium. Most will be gold , silver and bronze.

VoX
30th August 2007, 01:34 PM
I'll try and post money for Basic but it'll be after Christmas because I'm saving up for a new PC.

IS this realy needed with sponsors?

Chalex4
30th August 2007, 01:40 PM
I agree with Hutch. According to the forum, about 43 people are active. It is extremely unlikely that 43 people will all subscribe, and if they do no more than 5 people would get the premium. However, if we do get enough money on top of all the costs that need to be paid first then of course we will get something much more interesting, like a shiny dedicated server. The basics are the most important thing to pay off at the moment.

Siepie
30th August 2007, 02:52 PM
yeah, i would never expect every member to pay the full bundle, why I used 'if'. But what i was trying to point out, that given that a community usualy has more members than a standard clan would then it should be easier to get a dedicated server.

in theory

Hutch
30th August 2007, 02:59 PM
Remember the last time we got a dedicated Siepie? BRS crashed and burned.

Siepie
30th August 2007, 03:10 PM
It didnt exactly crash due to the dedicated server. It crashed because of the money issues that nobody or should i say not enough people were coughing up the money to pay for it.

And i would ask you not through that in my face seen as I actualy helped pay for it and more so than everyone else, not inc chalex of course.

spawnofebil
30th August 2007, 03:14 PM
Hutch-so every clan with a dedicated server crashes and burns?

Chalex4
30th August 2007, 03:20 PM
Very true, Siepie was vital in affording the dedicated server in the first place. The server itself was great but we just didn't have the money to keep it going since many people just didn't contribute. You are right that it should be easier to get a dedicated server because we have more members than we used to. However, if we were to get back into that world, I would definitely go with a machine with 2 or more cores with at least 2GB ram since we were really held up with the P4 last time. I estimate that if we were to get a good dedicated which can run a decent amount of servers it would cost around £100 a month. So, when we have that kind of money on top of paying for the more basic stuff, we will get a dedicated :) .

Siepie
30th August 2007, 03:26 PM
exactly chalex, even if you get a dedicated server you could cut costs down by offering servers to clans in the community at a lower cost to other companys. For example a clan that just formed and needs a lower cost server just to get on there feet. It wouldent need to be public either, you could have 2 or 3 "community match servers" and that clan that needs it just rents it for there match or something similar seen as there is public servers already going.

Remember if done right you could run linux on it and put all your webhosting through that.... only a idea but still plausable.

edit: but in the mean time we shouldent jump to anything that isnt planned out first :)

osr0
30th August 2007, 03:46 PM
all im gonna say is think bout BRS before u make a bad decision!

Chalex4
30th August 2007, 03:51 PM
Indeed. Anyway, before we go off on another tangent please can you let me know if you see something that needs to be changed in the subscriptions, otherwise I will finalise them.

Siepie
30th August 2007, 03:55 PM
give a little time for peple to look before you finalise them. Im posting at work :)

In reply to osr0

Ok im saying this, a clan doesnt fail because of buying a dedicated server. If you realy think that, then im sorry but its not true. One of my previous clans had 2 dedicated servers, and never died. So saying that one broke BRS is misconception.

Anyway 40 mins till i finish.... YAY!

edit1: and i never said "cmon folks lets get a dedicated server"

VoX
30th August 2007, 04:24 PM
exactly chalex, even if you get a dedicated server you could cut costs down by offering servers to clans in the community at a lower cost to other companys. For example a clan that just formed and needs a lower cost server just to get on there feet. It wouldent need to be public either, you could have 2 or 3 "community match servers" and that clan that needs it just rents it for there match or something similar seen as there is public servers already going.

I have to say I like that idea alot!

Hutch
30th August 2007, 04:25 PM
I would be careful with this idea as we are currently sponsored by a server provider.

Chalex4
30th August 2007, 04:44 PM
Well said Hutch. For the moment we are sponsored by Direct Clan Hosting (http://www.directclanhosting.com/) and haven't even set up the subscriptions yet! When and if the time comes when we have loads of spare money floating around, we will review the situation and maybe even buy a dedicated from them, who knows! For now however, I do not want to hear anything else except replies regarding the subscription plans.

FaTaL
30th August 2007, 06:28 PM
i would do the gold subscription, but the problem is sending the money through to chalex as my mum would see it as a waste and i cant open a bank account to send it to im 16 which is in may, i also still have to send money to chalex for a t-shirt so if i did this-

i post the money to you chalex, but i will put in £15 extra, that would mean i ave 3 months out of the way. but its up to you chalex?

VoX
30th August 2007, 06:30 PM
I'm gunna post it too Fatal, but I'm saving up for stuff so it might take some time.

Chalex4
30th August 2007, 06:32 PM
Sure, so you want to be on the Gold £5.00 a month subscription or do you want to be a silver/bronze subscriber which would be easier to keep going.

FaTaL
30th August 2007, 06:44 PM
im not poor, i just have a bad pc.
gold fool
pm me your info bitch

Chalex4
2nd September 2007, 01:06 PM
Since no-one has objected to the subscriptions I am creating them now. Please note that the extra avatar and profile picture size is 150x150px and signature size is 650x350px.

Chalex4
3rd September 2007, 12:38 PM
I received the money today Fatal, and you are now a member of the Gold Subscription for 3 months. Thanks for subscribing, please read my PM so that I can send you the t-shirt as well :) .

Siepie
3rd September 2007, 12:51 PM
hmmm, how much to spend. This is a toughy

spawnofebil
3rd September 2007, 01:36 PM
I would pay you, but I'm saving up money for a new PC.

If I don't pay you, does this mean I get my admin on the fun server revoked?

Isphera
3rd September 2007, 01:46 PM
It is extremely unlikely that 43 people will all subscribe

Do not look at me when you say this :)

VoX
3rd September 2007, 02:45 PM
I would pay you, but I'm saving up money for a new PC.

If I don't pay you, does this mean I get my admin on the fun server revoked?

Lol I'm saving up too, my family PC is crap, and thats being kind.

If we don't subscribe do we get admin revoked? I can subscribe after I've got a new PC and stuff when I have no plans for cash.

osr0
3rd September 2007, 09:10 PM
i need my money for important things like food so i wont probally be suscribing lol

Chazlene
3rd September 2007, 10:46 PM
Well I'll pay a little bit, maybe about £3, or however much is needed so I don't loose anything. :p