PDA

View Full Version : Website Hosting

Siepie
25th September 2007, 02:15 PM
Well, as the topic says, does anyone have any good links for webhosting?

Ive just tried "UK Web. Solutions Direct" and am already canceling as they only allow one domain hosted per account.

Almost temped to go back to my previous host.

Any ideas?

Chalex4
25th September 2007, 06:49 PM
I wouldn't cancel just yet. In our account, we can have 15 parked domains:

Parked Domains (Domain pointers) allow you to "point" or "park" additional domain names to your existing hosting account. This will allow users to also reach your website when entering the "parked" or "pointed" domain into their browsers.

Note:
Domains must be registered with a valid registrar before they can be parked. In addition, they will not be functional unless they are configured to point to your DNS servers.

If that doesn't work for you, then just create a support ticket :) .

Siepie
25th September 2007, 07:21 PM
Ive already emailed them, a parked domain means you can have a domain there but only to point to your main site. I emailed them and they replied with quote

"We only allow the hosting of one site per hosting account, if both domains are to point to the same content then the other domains can be patrked onto the account but if they need to point to different content then each will need its own hosting package."

So ive cancled and got a refund, cos well thats crap :p my previous host let me run 6 websites and i dont want to pay for 3 packages. So ive found another host thats uk based and offers 5 websites hosted.