PDA

View Full Version : ET: QW Released!

Chalex4
30th September 2007, 05:04 PM
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars has been out for a few days now and after receiving it yesterday I can safely say that it was worth waiting for. The beta sorted out many of the annoying glitches so the gameplay is now very smooth. It plays surprisingly well on my computer which is a P4, on medium-low graphics and it looks much better than all of the battlefield games which insisted on lagging. One of the best things about the game is the Community built around it. The support is great and Splash Damage have already released a patch within a day of the game being released to address a few issues. All of the different classes are really fun to play and the new maps are amazing. One of my favourite features of the game is the Campaign style based over 3 maps, which makes you feel like you are really fighting a war while you gain XP and upgrades. Once the 3 maps are over, your XP goes back to 0 and it all begins again :D .

I ordered the Collectors Edition but you can get the standard version (http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/3360129/Enemy-Territory-Quake-Wars/Product.html) for £17.99 from Play. I highly recommend ordering it if your PC and wallet are up to it. I know that this game isn't for everyone, so if you don't like it please don't bitch.

Hutch
30th September 2007, 05:23 PM
I got the collectors edition yesterday, but it wouldnt work until I had installed new ATI drivers which kinda blows (thought it wouldn't run at all), but my graphics card isn't meant to be able to play it but it runs fine enough on uber low graphics. Game plays well and the only problems I foresee in terms of patches is the maps that weren't played in the beta might need tweaking. The beta lasted for a very long time.

Put the collectors cards on my bedroom wall. :)