PDA

View Full Version : Dust2 Only Server

Chalex4
18th February 2007, 12:08 PM
Hey guys,

I have been thinking about our Dust2 only server and since it is now really popular I thought it would be a great time to perhaps add some more maps onto the map cycle. Please post on the poll which map(s) you would like to add to the cycle most. They are not all listed, if your favourite map isn't listed just post below. Please note, you can vote for more than one option, but please do not select more than 3.

Another thing, I thought it would also be nice if we upgraded our slots a little, give me your ideas on how many extra slots would be best. Also, I added a new Auto Team Balancer, it seems to work much better than ETB and also does the balancing on skill so teams are fair.

// Chalex4

Hutch
18th February 2007, 12:22 PM
Good Idea!

I want to play some cs maps.

Chazlene
18th February 2007, 12:48 PM
Where the hell is Cobble???

VeNom
18th February 2007, 12:49 PM
i <3 cs_assault its great map ^^

VoX
18th February 2007, 12:51 PM
de_cbble needs to b added i think and cs_assault ftw!!
btw i told you that there were a lot of venom's lol

Chalex4
18th February 2007, 12:55 PM
Ok, just for you Chazlene I added:

Cbble
Piranesi
Tides

So keep voting, and don't forget to let me know about extra slots!

VoX
18th February 2007, 01:10 PM
id say put it to 30 and add bout 2 admin reserve slots and mayb add another admin e.g. blade

Hutch
18th February 2007, 01:15 PM
Um how about NOONE on public likes assault or cbble.... Dust2/Office/ Italy are the 3 best and most popular maps.

VoX
18th February 2007, 01:21 PM
well true some servers loose players on assault but cbble is a good map

Chalex4
18th February 2007, 01:24 PM
I will admit that public assault is kind of crazy, would be better with a smaller server, not a 24 - 32 slot server. I agree with what Hutch said, and the map changes will be all vote based. What maps do other people think would keep a steady amount of players on the server, we can always start with a few more maps then over time add more.

Hutch
18th February 2007, 02:33 PM
Dust and Cbble are losers on the public front. Assault also... noone likes playing those maps.

the witch
18th February 2007, 03:48 PM
i would say that Aztec was a pretty good map , most servers run it and it remains populated, as for slots im not really sure but the idea of reserve slots for admins sounds like a kool idea , maybe also make reserved slots for community members that donate? but make them so they can fill if being un-used.

i also think you should test a few maps out first maybe adding 2 more to the original dust2 rotter to see how the public react?

Chalex4
18th February 2007, 03:54 PM
Yeah I was definitely going to add a function that if you donated over a certain amount you get a reserved slot. I might even make it a subsciption...

™chaos
18th February 2007, 09:26 PM
I think it should be Dust2, Office and Italy. All good maps! :D

I'm With Stupid
18th February 2007, 11:31 PM
Dust2,Cbble,Office,Cpl_Mill,de_season,de_strike, and maybe Italy, and train
Tides will completely empty the server

Chazlene
19th February 2007, 01:49 PM
Yeah, I hate de_tides and train, we definitely need cs_office on the server as well, also I think we should try with a map like de_port to see if that's popular.

stof
19th February 2007, 02:04 PM
ehl i think teh reason a de_dust2 only server is popular is because its only de_dust2...
for example, me nd my m8's fav map is de_dust2, so what we do is browse for servers with dust2-only.
i know alot of those servers, nd they got alot of ppl who keep comin back.
so i think u better get just 1 "de_dust2 only" server, nd a server "Classic maps only", "fun-server", that shit...

Chazlene
19th February 2007, 02:54 PM
Maybe if you learn to spell then Chalex could take into account what you are trying to say.

Hutch
19th February 2007, 07:00 PM
Hes got a point tho m8.

Chalex4
19th February 2007, 07:38 PM
I am afraid that we cannot have another server especially for Classic Maps, and keep the Dust2 one as it is. In the ideal world I would do this, but for the time being we will probably add these maps to the cycle:

Dust2, Office, Italy, (maybe Assault and/or Port)

Hutch
19th February 2007, 08:08 PM
As agreed assault is a server killer.... Port isnt exactly WELL loved.

™chaos
19th February 2007, 08:30 PM
Could always have like 'Fun Map Sunday' or 'Classic Maps Saturday'. Something like that, were we only play like office, italy. Stuff like that.

Captain Bassoon
19th February 2007, 08:50 PM
Regarding dust2 making the server popular, I’d agree that to start off it gets you a lot of regulars. However once they’ve kept coming back they will usually stay if you stick on popular maps, such as office/italy/aztec. Deciding nextmap by a vote each seems a good idea to me.

BaD-BoY
23rd February 2007, 02:20 PM
ye it will do...office, dust2 and italy will do the server good!

Daredevil
24th February 2007, 07:28 PM
i personly think its popular because people come on thinking i want to play some dust2 and then its on say de_port or somthing they just wont join, at least ask the regulars what they want..

BaD-BoY
24th February 2007, 07:41 PM
Soon on the de_dust2 server, maybe try FY maps??

Hutch
24th February 2007, 08:55 PM
With the current setup of Dust2 /Office/ Assault which are on votes the server is always full into the wee small hours of the morning with our regulars.

D@rw!n
26th February 2007, 12:55 AM
I think the results were fine at last, I think we should keep the maps we have now!

Seroxat
26th February 2007, 02:29 PM
Dust2, Cbble, Office and Dust_Pcg are Great maps i agree about tides not alot of players like that map its too 1 sided.

As for adding more slots great idea. I think u might want to consider adding a larger tactical map. To accommedate more players without them getting stuck in doors or tunnels coz when every 1 is trying to rush players get jammed togeather in these areas.

Italy tactic. de_piramide. de_barrian. de_dust crazy weather. these r bigger maps.

Another idea would be Dust maps only.
Dust
Dust Pcg
Dust2
Dust crazy weather
Dust 06
Just so i stays dust maps only so we keep players on all the time.

Hutch
27th February 2007, 02:32 PM
I think we should have another normal maps server later on where we have Extensions of maps like Office extension and Dust2 extension on a larger server.

On 32 there isnt much need for a larger map as its pretty much fine as it is although I admit that on assault it is getting a bit silly with the amount of times CTs lose.

Hardie
28th February 2007, 08:21 AM
I think it should be Dust2, Office and Italy. All good maps! :D

completely agree with Chaos here these maps will keep the server populated!

Target
28th February 2007, 11:37 PM
We really do need some more maps on the server and take off the extend option i on the vote just hav the maps on a 45min rotation or vote

Hardie
1st March 2007, 08:21 AM
We really do need some more maps on the server and take off the extend option i on the vote just hav the maps on a 45min rotation or vote

actually i take back what i said in my earlier post you should have custom maps like cs_office_unlimited or de_dust2_unlimited, or maps like de_westwood and cs_italy_2k6 i think

I'm With Stupid
1st March 2007, 11:06 PM
Keep the office aussualt dus2 server alone make the surf server an 18 slot Cal Maps de_losttemple_pro de_star and other good customs

geK
1st March 2007, 11:55 PM
Seems that all of you want to have more maps than De_dust2.
I'm kinda dd2 fan :D
But don't add to many maps. Office/Italy/De_dust2 and maybe Nuke Is ok. Lets say you add the Port map. How often do you searh for a server that runs Port? What I'm trying to say is. If you add too many unpopular maps, people will leave the server, and nobody will join the server because its empty. And then the server will run that unpopular map until someone joins the server. Than it will change. But it will still be empty, and people will have to look it up again. But this is what MIGHT happen sometimes. But the poll can fix it sometime. But this is my opinion :)

Chalex4
2nd March 2007, 02:39 PM
Just quickly, I have increased the server's slots AGAIN to 40, just to see how the server can handle it and to try and get more people in the community. Also, I have added Italy to the rotation. If the server lags badly with 40 slots please let me know.

BaD-BoY
2nd March 2007, 04:16 PM
It is good:D But there was only 20 people...:D I hope it will not lagg so mush!
1 thing...Can the admin kick guy who dont breake the lagg by console, but have high ping and dont get kicked by console?

Hutch
2nd March 2007, 06:01 PM
We wont ever put port on the server and all the maps on are fairly popular including assault.

Hutch
2nd March 2007, 07:24 PM
Excuse me for double post but with 40 players people have stopped coming on as much.

Chalex4
2nd March 2007, 08:16 PM
When ever any server changes its slots it takes time for people to find us, just wait and see :)

BaD-BoY
2nd March 2007, 09:05 PM
heheok :) I know I have asked this before, but can we get the surf-server to 24 Man-server? Becouse now are the surf-server mush full and many must whait for to join..:(!! "C2G has been found" ^^:)