PDA

View Full Version : Dystopia - v.1 Released!

Chalex4
18th February 2007, 06:58 PM
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...there was a mod called Dystopia RC1...

Today (18/02/2007) at 02:36am the Dystopia Version 1 release date has been announced!

Many of you have probably never heard of the modification, nevertheless, it is one of the best mods I have ever played.

Quote from the official Dystopia site:

After spending over 3 years saying "when its done", I have the thrill of announcing that Dystopia Version 1 is in fact; done. We will be releasing it to the public next weekend. The exact times are:

12:00 a.m. Saturday February 24, 2007 in GMT
07:00 p.m. Friday February 23, 2007 in US EST
11:00 a.m. Saturday February 24, 2007 in AU ESDT

To celebrate we have a teaser trailer (http://dystopia-game.com/files/dystopia_v1_teaser.avi) which shows off some of the exciting new features in Version 1. This video was created by The-Next, one of our fantastic supporters. It's a 28 meg video, encoded with divx 6.4 (http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/download/index.php).

www.dystopia-game.com (http://www.dystopia-game.com/)

What is Dystopia all about?

Dystopia is a Half-Life 2 modifcation which places the player into tense combat situations in a high tech world spanned by computer networks. As either Punks or Corp Mercenaries the player will fight through the physical world to gain access, via jack-in terminals, to cyberspace. Cyberspace is a three dimensional representation of the world's network. Inside cyberspace players will launch programs to hack into systems linked to the physical world, fight off enemy hackers or defend critical systems. Gameplay progresses through inter-linked physical and cyberspace objectives, some are completed in either the physical world or cyberspace, others only by a well timed combination of the two.

The player will be immersed in action packed battles, whether as a heavily augmented combat mercenary armed to the teeth with the latest in firepower and implants, or a twitch reflex cyberdecker racing to infiltrate a cyberspace node. Only through skillful use of the high tech arsenal we're making available and intelligent team play will players truly jack-in and kick ass.

http://dystopia-game.com/pr_images/070218/dys_Unlucky_sm.jpg

As a result of this release we will be setting up a server!

I am afraid that due to CPU usage we will be shutting down the Surf maps server to replace it with this for a certain amount of time (depends how popular it is).

Now, I would like every C2G Member to download this (requires HL2), you don't have to, but judging on how much I loved RC1, you will love this! If you did not like RC1, then please give this a try, it has been in development a long time and many improvements have been made.

Prepare for the best Saturday ever! Remember, the more the merrier! (It will be quite a large download so make sure you start in good time).

// Chalex4

Chazlene
18th February 2007, 07:47 PM
:0 you stoled that screenie from PHW

I never got the beta of Dystopia, I'll probably download this though.

Hutch
18th February 2007, 08:55 PM
THE PRECIOUS SURF SERVER NOOOOOoooo!

(Stolen from the movie Hutch's adventures)

Can we please put this to vote.... People actually like the surf server.... Get rid of DODS if you have to.

Chalex4
18th February 2007, 09:38 PM
I will decide closer to the time which one goes, it may be the DODS one, we'll see...

Chazlene
18th February 2007, 11:15 PM
Getting rid of the surf server???!!!! Didn't see that bit... yeah please put this to a vote, and let everyone try the game on other servers to see if they like it.

Chalex4
19th February 2007, 07:42 PM
There will be votes etc. nearer the time. If you all love the Surf server so much then of course I will leave it up :D

Hutch
19th February 2007, 08:10 PM
I don't think we should set up a server for a game that none of us have played just because chalex says so. If you want to play it go on another server.

Chazlene
19th February 2007, 08:11 PM
Yeah exactly, we should all try it first, and if any server has to go, it should be the DODS server, since it is not as popular as the surf server.

Chalex4
19th February 2007, 08:33 PM
Yes...that is what I said above, if you actually read it. The DODS server will go down if the Surf does not. I will of course not set up a server if nobody likes it, it will definitely be worth a try though!

bin4ry
20th February 2007, 01:36 AM
I'd definately be down for some dystopia action, I've played it since early beta and i have to agree that it is an awesome total conversion mod.

Isphera
21st February 2007, 07:21 PM
Tried it, good for about 3 or 4 days, then got boring. Similar scenarios, diffrent maps, same weapons, too much like UT2004 Assault Mode for my liking.

Chalex4
24th February 2007, 09:54 AM
It has been released. I have already downloaded it and I will play it this afternoon! Download it here:

http://www.dystopia-game.com/

- exact file size: 541,633,210 bytes
- md5 sum: 2ceed7513533511c2b83002aaebcedd2

Hutch
24th February 2007, 02:24 PM
Will download... If its shit though chalex youve got a lot to answer for.

VoX
24th February 2007, 09:14 PM
hehe dled it and bout to play

Hutch
24th February 2007, 10:33 PM
have dled it and played it... its ok in someways but shit in others.

VoX
25th February 2007, 02:59 PM
yeh, i keep getting stuk, its not clear enough

Chazlene
25th February 2007, 03:02 PM
Yeah it's not clear enough, I still don't know how to jack out or use some of the enhancements.

Hutch
25th February 2007, 03:33 PM
All I meant that it took ages to kill someone... USE THE F KEYS FOR ENHANCEMENTS F1 is Log off computers.

Chazlene
25th February 2007, 04:06 PM
Ok cheers Hutch, yeah, the heavy armours do take ages to kill.

Hutch
25th February 2007, 04:17 PM
Just dont go pressing F10! Also do the tutorial guys.

Chazlene
25th February 2007, 06:05 PM
Yeah, you do really need to do the tutorial to understand the game at all, and it's not too long.

VoX
25th February 2007, 07:25 PM
lol thats the bit i keep on getting stuk on, the tutorial ITS SO UNCLEAR

Chazlene
25th February 2007, 08:36 PM
Which bit are you stuck on? If it's that part where the guy says summat like 'this place looks like a mess' you're meant to jump onto the opposite platform to the one you start on, and also if you die and start again I don't think you can get the lift the work again.

Qu1f
14th April 2007, 07:54 PM
It is a good game, im a fan of it to be honest. Im more a lesser mod player than major mod (hence i dont play css much any more).