PDA

View Full Version : Dumbledore = Gay

Chalex4
21st October 2007, 11:00 PM
http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5711287,00.jpg

Dumbledore gay? J.K. Rowling announced during a book reading at Carnegie Hall that she “always thought Dumbledore was gay” and that he was in love with Gellert Grindelwald!

Here’s exactly what Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling said:

The question was “Did Dumbledore, who believed in the prevailing power of love, ever fall in love himself?”

Rowling started to say “I always saw Dumbledore as gay” and a hush fell on the audience, followed by an excited buzz sweeping through the crowd.

Albus Dumbledore Chocolate Frog CardThe brilliant wizard was briefly blinded as a young man by the charm and skill of Gellert Grindelwald, his teenage crush turned arch-nemesis who turned out to be more interested in the Dark Arts than in loving Dumbledore.
That love, she said to raucous applause, was Dumbledore’s “great tragedy.”

After Dumbledore was “horribly, terribly let down,” Rowling explained, he went on to destroy Grindelwald in what is considered in the wizarding world to have been the ultimate wand-toting battle between good and evil.

To an extent, do we say it excused Dumbledore a little more because falling in love can blind us to an extend, but he met someone as brilliant as he was, and rather like Bellatrix he was very drawn to this brilliant person, and horribly, terribly let down by him.

FaTaL
21st October 2007, 11:50 PM
yeah that kinda makes sense.
Gay Boi Dumbo

VoX
22nd October 2007, 10:19 AM
3 words come to mind; what the fuck?

Chazlene
22nd October 2007, 10:29 AM
Snape kills Dumbledore!!!

spawnofebil
22nd October 2007, 12:31 PM
In Soviet Russia Dumbledore kills Snape!

VoX
22nd October 2007, 12:43 PM
In Soviet Russia, poem writes you!

Bloo
22nd October 2007, 02:11 PM
Not all that odd... I mean he's basically Harry Potter Gandalf, and Gandalf is gay (Well in the films atleast...)

Never trust a man who wears a dress I say!

Chazlene
22nd October 2007, 04:24 PM
Gandalf isn't gay in the films, the actor, Sir Ian Mckellen, is gay.

Bloo
22nd October 2007, 05:11 PM
Basically the same thing...