PDA

View Full Version : TF2 Clan?

Hutch
29th October 2007, 02:46 AM
http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/rdonlyres/E1FA2B62-FC1A-4B31-B28B-15459DD7BA7B/12002/02pres01_team_fortress_2.jpg

This idea has been floating around for a little while now, perhaps we should start discussing it..

Things on the agenda to discuss,

1. Who wants to be involved ( We need 8 people for matches in ED).
2. Who is/are the best person/people to lead the clan (Discussion, not "I would be t3h best cos...").
3. Would we use the ATK server for matches or would there be a seperate server.
4. Would the clan be called something other than ATK, If so think of names.
5. What classes people play, not so important but it might help people gather ideas to see whether we would have a balanced clan or not.

EDIT: Bear with me over the next few days as I have reformatted my PC, Twice, that is why I am up so late.

spawnofebil
29th October 2007, 10:53 AM
I iz l337 clan leader yo, people obey mah every whim and command.

I think ATK is a cool name, because 8 people is quite a lot to have on at one time, so if we can use all the community to help out that would be cool. Plus, the server's registered under ATK, so we don't need to rename the server or anything (assuming Chalex lets us use it).

If it helps, I'm quite good with engineer, sniper, medic and spy, although I'm not really specialized. I'll fill in any gaps in the team basically.

Chazlene
29th October 2007, 11:05 AM
The leader could be anyone, so long as they've been playing the game long enough to know all the best places for turrets, snipers to stand, etc.

I think we should just keep it as ATK or WAGS again, we don't want to waste a whole evening discussing acronyms.

Classes that I am good at playing and enjoy are Sniper, Spy and Pyro, but some people would probably be better than me at sniping in a match.

By the Way Hutch, olddd TF2 picture, here's the newer one:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/88/Team_Fortress_2_Group_Photo.jpg/800px-Team_Fortress_2_Group_Photo.jpg

Marshy
29th October 2007, 11:17 AM
I am deadly with a sniper // been accused 4 times of hacks // But i only know the best sniper places anything else and i suck apart from medic :)

Wags would be best as i still have my wags spray paint :p

Chalex4
29th October 2007, 11:37 AM
Making a clan sounds like a great idea, however I am not keen on the idea of using the public server for matches and training. If the server sometimes had a password on it and sometimes didn't, it wouldn't attract so many regulars. Therefore I recommend that you look into buying a server.

Marshy
29th October 2007, 12:35 PM
Everyone in the clan chip in a pound xP

Hutch
29th October 2007, 02:16 PM
I enjoy playing Heavy, Sniper and Soldier (OK Medic if needed). Sniper I am fairly good at but heavy I am fairly lush at. I think we would probably have to buy a server but it might cost a bit each month as we'd need at least 20 slots.
I think that the comic style art of TF2 mixes quite well with the pink fluffy WAGS cloud, but it might be best to leave it as ATK. However, creating a clan called ATK might gradually remove the distinction between clan and community, which Chalex might not like.

Marshy
29th October 2007, 03:30 PM
Donations could be givin to anyone that sets one up i mean i am more than happy to give a little money each month to help pay for one

spawnofebil
29th October 2007, 09:54 PM
New name: JAM

JEW AIDS MAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

cowman
30th October 2007, 09:16 PM
I am very interested in having a tf2 clan as all i do is play pubs, me and boof are both deadly with the medic/heavy combo, he can also snipe v well, also im good at demoman and spy, in a css clan which will obviously come first but i am up for some matches and have a laugh with you guys,

cheers

cowman

rts_j03
31st October 2007, 10:12 AM
I'm getting this game. The trailer and other vids give this game so much chrachter however reusing HL2 sound detracts from this. Steam if you read this take the HL2 sound out!

Hutch
1st November 2007, 08:53 AM
Ok it seems that there is quite a lot of interest in a clan, now we need to sort out a name, plans for a server and probably some form of application for ED. Oh and who is in charge, we seem rather democratic at the moment.

cowman
1st November 2007, 06:37 PM
AČk ^ cowman

there are lots of ways u can make atk look good :)

Hutch
1st November 2007, 06:59 PM
I think the name is actually going to be called JAM now.... though not officially meaning what Spawn suggested, probably something like Just a minute.

Bloo
1st November 2007, 08:42 PM
... I never noticed Jew AIDS Mwah was JAM lol.

VoX
1st November 2007, 09:50 PM
When we was renaming C2G and we had already decided on ATK, I suggested AK with the symbol and it was rejected as the 2 would appear as ? sometimes.

FaTaL
2nd November 2007, 10:54 AM
neither did i, until hutch told me

Hutch
2nd November 2007, 11:42 PM
Tag decided by Target to be <J@M> Hutch |ATK|

aRk
3rd November 2007, 12:46 PM
I PLAY!
hutch knows what im good at ;)
for those that dont, demoman, spy and others, just not as well :p

smiler
4th November 2007, 10:37 PM
Yo..Smiler saying ello from NW UK.

Mr.Big
5th November 2007, 03:34 PM
hmm im well pretty good with sniper, altough its really easy class just aim for the head and click the mouse button :)