PDA

View Full Version : Windows Blue Screen of Death

VoX
30th October 2007, 07:09 PM
Funny enough I got one as I was writing this.

http://myitkb.net/images/BSOD0x0000000a.jpg

Thats the only image I could find that has the right error, sorry about the size.

It has the error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Any ideas on how to cure this?

Hutch
30th October 2007, 07:12 PM
Could be that your processor is too hot, go check it in the BIOS... visit this site (http://tweaksforgeeks.com/IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.html)

VoX
30th October 2007, 07:26 PM
Ok, how do I get into the BIOS.

Hutch
30th October 2007, 07:27 PM
Start up your PC and it will probably give you a button to press to access it, either that or something like setup. You might get less problems in the winter.

VoX
30th October 2007, 07:29 PM
The only problem is that my monitor constantly turns off during startup and claims that it's not receiving any signal and when I turn it on and it's on the login screen, then it is way off centered.

Hutch
30th October 2007, 07:32 PM
Well then you are screwed and you need to stop it from doing that... or get a motherboard app like Motherboard Monitor, that will help you check temperatures.

ez64
30th October 2007, 09:13 PM
IRQ not less or equal, it is a common problem and its 90% of the time due to faulty ram or when your trying to use non identical sticks of ram in dual channel mode.

it has nothing to do with the operating temp of your cpu.

it can also be connected with faulty GFX ram and others.

VoX
30th October 2007, 10:02 PM
We've bought new RAM before and installed it, no difference.

ez64
30th October 2007, 11:20 PM
then sockets for the ram or graphics ram try the onboard over a dedicated card if you have one, very unlikley but it could be dodgy cpu.

but thats the least likley.

mostl likley bad gfx or mobo.

Hutch
31st October 2007, 08:36 AM
He has integrated graphics....

rts_j03
31st October 2007, 10:14 AM
He has integrated graphics....

pffft.

ez64
31st October 2007, 11:29 AM
then just try it the other way around, but the onboard crap should just use the ram.

suggesting to me once again its the ram, run one stick if you have two and see what happens.

VoX
31st October 2007, 05:01 PM
I only have one stick of RAM in there.

Asked me IT teacher today and he said:

Run a scan disc with both options checked set for when your PC is restarted. Then run a defragment, if you crash while in defragment mode, the you've been "fraged" so you need to backup your data ASAP and then go and buy a new hard drive.

He also said something about a program called something like Memcheck.

I'm about to run the scan disc so I'll say how it goes soon.

ez64
31st October 2007, 05:10 PM
Nothing to do with your HDD I can confirm that now.

memcheck is a good idea.

Ive seen bad ports kill ram

VoX
31st October 2007, 07:18 PM
Just ran the scan disk and defragment and then immediately after, got a blue screen without an error on it.

ez64
31st October 2007, 07:49 PM
it has nothing to do with the HDD and the scan disk and dfrg is a waste of time.

use memcheck!