PDA

View Full Version : Hutch's New PC!!!, Pales in comparison, but still good!

Hutch
28th December 2007, 12:21 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/invisiblecham128419608740865000.jpg

Ok just ordered MY new PC.

Q6600
8600GTS 256MB
2GB DDR2 800MHZ (Aeneon)
Windows Vista Home Premium (I have XP discs ready for me hating the thing, but its free, dont bully me about vista, pick on the crappy case)
22" Viewsonic TFT
500GB Harddrive 7200 RPM
and 2 Multiformat 20X DVD everything drives

PSW dunno ( but its poweful enough), Motherboard dunno (not SLI tho), Case- Its a bog standard midi tower... Cooling? (HAHAHAHAHAHHAH)

Cost 700 quid including delivery, waiting for it now.....

link http://www.evesham.com/avalanche/ where I bought it, and what model it is, I upgraded the RAM a tad and added another Disc drive as I feel vulnerable without 2 (I can also rip DVDs and play COD4 at the same time)

Also got a router coming (it actually just arrived lol, as I was typing) (its cheap, but its free from my ISP)
Cod4 is coming
and a USB Wireless g stick thing is coming, for the shit PC downstairs that can suffer the hideously slow internet connection. Oh and a Belkin Surge prtector

ez64
28th December 2007, 04:30 PM
you shouldnt have gone for that gfx.

3850/70 for the same money and a ton better.

but otherwise a good gaming machine.

edit: just looked at the price and sorry to say you got hung out to dry that price is silly!.

Midge
30th December 2007, 03:41 AM
wudnt be surprised if u cud build it urself for around £100...

tell a lie, u can coz im doin it atm with better parts

Hardietbh
30th December 2007, 05:48 PM
for £100 thats bull**** as the screen itself is over 100 and so is the processor!

ez64
30th December 2007, 06:02 PM
that can be done for £400 or less easy.

Midge
30th December 2007, 06:36 PM
wudnt be surprised if u cud build it urself for around £100...

tell a lie, u can coz im doin it atm with better parts

i meant to say for around £100 less

was late and was tired lmao

VoX
30th December 2007, 07:02 PM
I'm weighing up whether I should buy a new PC or a HD TV and cable for my PS3.

Hutch
30th December 2007, 08:26 PM
Well, you can barely play any games and well your PC soon wont be able to run word with its integrated graphics, build a budget PC, and then save up for an HD later, its not like it stops you from using your PS3

Hardietbh
30th December 2007, 11:56 PM
that can be done for £400 or less easy.

aye thats what i was thinking :)

Bloo
31st December 2007, 10:25 AM
The only way you'll notice any difference between Vista and XP Hutch is if you're hugely anal and geeky. Just remove all the crap (Sidebar, UAC...) and then it' works fine.

ez64
31st December 2007, 05:26 PM
^

even then all the crappy memory managment and billion of services in the background make your pc grind to a hault after a while and all have a chance of crashing.

Bloo
31st December 2007, 06:16 PM
^

even then all the crappy memory managment and billion of services in the background make your pc grind to a hault after a while and all have a chance of crashing.

Oddly enough, the only time my PC grinds to a hault is when the internet is slow and thats for external reasons. A lot of the bad press Vista gets is pure nonsense IMO. With XP I usually had to reformat every six months, on Vista it's still going.
(Though the fact I have to play the Orange Box in a window is annoying.... mainly for Portal and Episode 2 though...)

ez64
31st December 2007, 06:25 PM
It's definatly not pure nonsense, it need's 2 years work minimum just to get it up to the same calibre of stability and hardware need's that XP now has.

Isphera
31st December 2007, 06:53 PM
Oddly enough, the only time my PC grinds to a hault is when the internet is slow and thats for external reasons. A lot of the bad press Vista gets is pure nonsense IMO. With XP I usually had to reformat every six months, on Vista it's still going.
(Though the fact I have to play the Orange Box in a window is annoying.... mainly for Portal and Episode 2 though...)

Ive honestly had no problems with Vista on my laptop since I got it, but I still prefer XP.

Bloo
31st December 2007, 06:59 PM
A lot of the bad press Vista gets is pure nonsense IMO.

Key bit is a lot. And of course it require's work (Though, two years worth is stretching it), XP wasn't exactly stable on release, niether was '98, hey and any game that EA has got it's blackened claws on isn't stable, or heck, anything but something by Valve because they're just the gods of gaming anyway.
It's the nature of the business, release things before it's ready and fix it up later.
But all this crap about "Vista can't run any games!" or "It makes you lag -all- the time!" is just that, crap. While there is truth in it (Sidebar lags up like hell, UAC causes all sorts of funny bugs, some really odd one Oblivion had but Oblivion is pure buggy shit in of itself...), all you require to fix it is the needless 'plastic wrapping' Microsoft has added on, which is true also for chocolate.

Ack, and a bit more 'cuse I only just saw Oric's post - yeah, I prefer XP as well, but Vista does infact work and isn't the broken OS it's protrayed as.

spawnofebil
31st December 2007, 09:37 PM
A sensible long post from Bloo?

What is the world coming too?

Bloo
31st December 2007, 09:47 PM
I got mixed up, i'm the muttering vagabond on this forum right? Doh...