PDA

View Full Version : What MMO should the Community play?

Isphera
6th January 2008, 02:31 PM
There has been recent discussion in the community for its members to take up an MMO, with several good candidates being put forward, such as WO, GW and the best choice (IMHO), WoW. So this is just a prelim poll as to what people are currently thinking that we should play.

I should probably say that this isn't definitive and the winner may not be the one we play, but this poll will show where people's ideas lie at the moment.

So vote, discuss and suggest.

(I added MMO's we had not discussed in case anyone had a case for them)

Hutch
6th January 2008, 02:38 PM
Warhammer online is already fairly decided, if people want to play GW again just say and we already have people playing WOW, so Poll kind of invalid.

spawnofebil
6th January 2008, 03:14 PM
Oric: we don't want to play WoW

Plus, I'm perfectly happy playing WAR with just a few people like Bloo and Hutch if need be.

Bloo
6th January 2008, 03:24 PM
This thread is kind of just a useless attempt by Oric to try and gain power, and the other thread had the word 'new' in it, ruling out both WoW and GW.

Isphera
6th January 2008, 05:52 PM
Oric: we don't want to play WoW

You mean you dont want to play WoW

This thread is kind of just a useless attempt by Oric to try and gain power, and the other thread had the word 'new' in it, ruling out both WoW and GW.

See post in 'that thread' to get my opinion on this. And how can I get power from this? And why would I want it anyway?

spawnofebil
6th January 2008, 06:00 PM
No, we as in most of the people who have already posted to the effect of 'wow is shit lololol'.

We don't want to play WoW, we're perfectly happy to play WAR, any questions?

Bloo
6th January 2008, 06:05 PM
WARNING LOOK AWAY IF YOU HATE THE TRUTH

See post in 'that thread' to get my opinion on this. And how can I get power from this? And why would I want it anyway?

You gain power because we'll be goaded into playing Alliance on Maelstorm, probably helped and in your warped power crazed mind, indebted, we'd all be playing WoW and thus also your over-inflated ego will grow from us doing something you geek over.

And why you want power, LOL FUCKING LOL!!!!! Geez, only since like 3rd year with Morph have you been wanting power.

We have said time and time before, we want to play something new, something NONE of us have done before, we want to enter a MMO as newbies, not twinks or folks who already know what to do kind of. For that reason WoW is not new (I was going to make that an argument in 'that thread' but decided my post had more dramatic effect FYI) - new content doesn't change the core of the game, which is embedded into the core of the game, thats the same reason most of us don't want to play GW, we know the mechanics off by heart.

We're sick and tired of listening to the Beatles, we want to hear something new, lets get some Led Zepplin on!

Hutch
6th January 2008, 06:09 PM
Led Zeppelin isnt new, lets just say... Yellowcard. :)

Bloo
6th January 2008, 06:14 PM
Led Zeppelin isnt new, lets just say... Yellowcard. :)

Erm... I was using bands of that era for a reason damnit. :p

Isphera
6th January 2008, 06:14 PM
You gain power because we'll be goaded into playing Alliance on Maelstorm, probably helped and in your warped power crazed mind, indebted, we'd all be playing WoW and thus also your over-inflated ego will grow from us doing something you geek over.

We have said time and time before, we want to play something new, something NONE of us have done before, we want to enter a MMO as newbies, not twinks or folks who already know what to do kind of. For that reason WoW is not new (I was going to make that an argument in 'that thread' but decided my post had more dramatic effect FYI) - new content doesn't change the core of the game, which is embedded into the core of the game, thats the same reason most of us don't want to play GW, we know the mechanics off by heart.

OK, the only reason I SUGGEST The Maelstrom is that it is where the majority, if not all of the community members have characters and they are unlikely to want to start alt chars which won't level as fast as yours, since their time is split, and we end up with two groups, without the help that the 70's on the Maelstrom can provide.

I am actually against twinking and only fund my alt chars when I actually have too (i.e. Repair Bills and Skill Purchases), and that will be the same if you guys joined the game, as well as the complimentary instance boosts if you asked for it.

Whilst I agree that the core remains the same, you seem to be missing the point that just because a game is 'old', that does not mean that a game of this type cannot be new again, since, although it sticks to its core, it finds new ways of using it to create new gameplay to ensure it remains fresh and fun for all of those playing. And 9 Million (near 10 million) people can't be wrong.

Bloo
6th January 2008, 06:20 PM
OK, the only reason I SUGGEST The Maelstrom is that it is where the majority, if not all of the community members have characters and they are unlikely to want to start alt chars which won't level as fast as yours, since their time is split, and we end up with two groups, without the help that the 70's on the Maelstrom can provide.

I am actually against twinking and only fund my alt chars when I actually have too (i.e. Repair Bills and Skill Purchases), and that will be the same if you guys joined the game, as well as the complimentary instance boosts if you asked for it.

Whilst I agree that the core remains the same, you seem to be missing the point that just because a game is 'old', that does not mean that a game of this type cannot be new again, since, although it sticks to its core, it finds new ways of using it to create new gameplay to ensure it remains fresh and fun for all of those playing. And 9 Million (near 10 million) people can't be wrong.

Well the clever way of saying why we don't want to play WoW didn't work, so i'll use the more basic approach....

WE WILL NOT PLAY WOW

NOW KINDLY FUCK OFF.

Fucking spoilt brat...

Squizzel
6th January 2008, 07:02 PM
'9 Million (near 10 million) people can't be wrong.'

even if that was true......against 6 billion in the world it's not that big a number :P

ez64
6th January 2008, 08:57 PM
Thou Shalt Not Play Thy WoW

Cannot wait for warhammer online.

Hutch
6th January 2008, 09:19 PM
THOU SHALT NOT FIDDLE WITH THY SELF ORICALCOS

Chazlene
6th January 2008, 09:49 PM
WE DO NOT WANT TO PLAY WORLD OF WARCRAFT, WORLD OF WARCRAFT: BURNING CRUSADE OR WORLD OF WARCRAFT: WRATH OF THE LICH KING AT ALL, EVER. FULL STOP.

ez64
6th January 2008, 09:52 PM
not even the molten core warcraft 3 mod? hehehe

Bloo
6th January 2008, 10:07 PM
I maintain that I was the first person to do the biiiiiiiiiiig anti-WoW thing.

Bloo
6th January 2008, 10:13 PM
WE DO NOT WANT TO PLAY WORLD OF WARCRAFT, WORLD OF WARCRAFT: BURNING CRUSADE OR WORLD OF WARCRAFT: WRATH OF THE LICH KING AT ALL, EVER. FULL STOP.

And World Of Warcraft: ARTHAS SUCK MY DICK, I'M THE NEW BIG BAD HAHAHA! The third expansion.

Hutch
6th January 2008, 10:16 PM
Lol lets bitch!

ez64
6th January 2008, 10:33 PM
YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!

for endless grinding and shitty quests that repeat from the first time you play the game until 6 years onward.

Vicious Horizon
7th January 2008, 08:42 AM
I vote for World Of Whorecraft, is that the new Playboy Mansion MMO?

Isphera
7th January 2008, 11:20 AM
Was there need to change Warcraft in the poll to Whorecraft?

spawnofebil
7th January 2008, 11:43 AM
Yes.

5charlimit

Bloo
7th January 2008, 12:12 PM
Well, we can safely say the results are overwhelming! Everyone should and will buy Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, pay the subscription fee's, EVERYONE IN THE COMMUNITY SHALT PLAY WAR OR BE STRUCK DOWN BY THE EMPERORS WRATH!

... Oric, your Wowtarded plan backfired, big time, big as your belly infact.