PDA

View Full Version : A name for our WAR guild

spawnofebil
7th January 2008, 10:55 PM
I personally nominate something very silly indeed, like the Crimson Flaming Zealous Redemptors of Firey Justice or similar.

Chazlene
7th January 2008, 11:02 PM
Something related to badgers again like in GW?

But I think we need to decide which faction to play as first, so we know if it should sound 'evil' or not.

Hutch
7th January 2008, 11:05 PM
Tuberculosis ridden flea bags if we the baddies

ez64
8th January 2008, 12:21 AM
Deathstriker666 :D

Bloo
8th January 2008, 08:21 PM
Team Awesomesauce.
Something like the Odd Ball Squad.

And we should soooo be evil!

Vicious Horizon
9th January 2008, 04:54 PM
Why do we play?

That's what you guys should call yourselves, *You guys is because i am not going to be playing WAR as i cannot afford the pay monthly.*

Bloo
9th January 2008, 08:01 PM
Why do we play?

That's what you guys should call yourselves, *You guys is because i am not going to be playing WAR as i cannot afford the pay monthly.*

Too wordy.

Marshy
9th January 2008, 11:05 PM
If its like gw with the name in [] i.e. [WaR] then it should be

The Powerpuff [Boys]

Hutch
9th January 2008, 11:38 PM
How about, Zionist dolers of pain
i

ez64
9th January 2008, 11:56 PM
Pillage N Plunder, old wow horde guild we created.

Bloo
10th January 2008, 12:01 AM
The Frumious Bandersnatches of Carnage.

Marshy
10th January 2008, 10:33 PM
will WAR run the same [Guild tag here] principal because if it does we need to encorperate that some how i.e. MMO From [ATK] not that because it sucks but somethin like that if not we should have a we are evil but we only think we are and have a name to bring that into i.e. The Powerpuff Boys not that because its a communly used guild name but you get the jist.

Hutch
10th January 2008, 11:14 PM
Armed Trowel Kiltwearers.

Bloo
10th January 2008, 11:23 PM
Now lets see thats... A, T.... K.... ATK as the initals? Thats rubbish what kind of clan or guild (HELL! Even a community!?) would use THAT?

:p

spawnofebil
10th January 2008, 11:34 PM
Marshy-we beat some top 100 guilds in GW with random pugs. Stop idolizing the Powerpuff Boys in particular, they just abused broken builds (like most Euro guilds) and got to the top that way.

I could go on for a long time about PvP in GW, but I won't.

I reckon something like 'SNAPE KILLS ROSEBUD IS PEOPLE!' (bonus points for recognizing the spoilers).

Squizzel
10th January 2008, 11:36 PM
Gazurbul's silly hat festival......that's my random and useless ontribution

Bloo
10th January 2008, 11:50 PM
Hazdrubal's Silly Hat Brigade!
Thats my adaption of Andehs, though his is pretty good IMO ;p

Mark FX
11th January 2008, 12:29 AM
[T]he
[W]orst
[A]gainst
[T]he
[S]uperior ?

50 bonus points anyone that completes the wordsearch. (I don't even play WAR just thought I'd join) :D

Squizzel
11th January 2008, 12:40 AM
lol.....but after a while the humour will wear off and we'll realise we're a bunch of twats

Bloo
12th May 2008, 05:51 PM
*uses Darkness Eternal* +50 Death Magic.
*drinks a potion of renewel* Mana regen by 5 per second for 30 seconds.
*Casts Animatus Thread*
Congratulations, you've attained Level 37 as a Thread Necromancer!

Some more info on guilds has been released...(http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/herald/flash/pp_2008-04_guilds.html for the video and http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Guild for it written down).

And if we're all still game for playing it, I thought i'd do some good old fashioned thread necromancy and have a good old fashioned discussion.
So, I don't think we should pick the side we're going to be just yet (I would lean toward Destruction, but don't mind playing Order) but with the info from above, we can still do some organising.

Like first of who, who'll be the guild leader? We'd need someone we can all trust (that rules Hutch out) someone we all know and someone who will probably know the game and it's systems well. Also they'd probably have to be quite active, but don't really need to be. Guilds can survive without an active leader. So, if anyone wants to step forward, feel free.

Likewise we'd need a standard bearer, this'll probably be more of a tactical thing to be done later ("It's better to have a tank with the flag! No! A mage! etc etc) but if anyone likes the concept of being the guy who gets the crap beaten out of him all the time, feel free.

A name would also be good... anyone got any suggestions? Or like any of the ones posted?

Finally, even though I said before that we should pick later... err... which side do you think we should go, now before it was Destruction but i'd like to comment now, that rather than having guild halls, WAR will feature guild taverns, as such being Order will mean we'll probably have a real pub, and being Destruction mean we'll probably get something covered in blood and spikes.

Discuss minions.

Marshy
12th May 2008, 06:47 PM
I play tank or healer so if no one wants tank i will do it ( I could probably google this but when does the game come out)

Bloo
12th May 2008, 07:00 PM
PCGamer's most recent suggestion is Autumn. But it could be held back to winter for even more polishing.

As for me... class wise, if we're Destruction, i'd probably play the Dark Elf Sorceress, and if Order the High Elf Archmage... which roughly means ranged DPS for Destruction of a support for Order (Healers don't just heal in WAR, they beat someone over the head with a mace/fireball then heal).

CallyWally
12th May 2008, 07:41 PM
w000 goblins !!! Wanna know why? HEADBUTT THATS WHY!!! Wheeee :D
However saying that, I have played witch-hunter too, and they're pretty cool. Don't really like any choaos classes... Orcies ftw :)...pretty much any mage class for me except for orc choppa :D

and Bloo you're back yey :D

although, im just gonna whatever side me bro goes on coz we is partners in crime :) probly will make separate guild but will play an active part within the community :)

Bloo
12th May 2008, 07:48 PM
Don't black orcs also get the ability to kick goblins about?

Chazlene
12th May 2008, 07:50 PM
Awesome, the forts and banners features are amazing. And I didn't realise that Warhammer was so unoriginal that they've used the basic shape of the world map for the Warhammer world...

EDIT:
Don't black orcs also get the ability to kick goblins about?

And that's why I'm probably not going to be a squig herder. I think I'll go with a chaos marauder, or whatever the orc is which dual-wields.

CallyWally
12th May 2008, 07:51 PM
Yhe i think its a greenskin morale ability skill in general, but on a lil midget thing..cmon! :D

lol @ goblin squigherders being eaten by their squigs and then controlling them :D

Bloo
12th May 2008, 07:57 PM
There is a video somewhere showing two orcs kicking a goblin back and forth, a wonderful new way to grief a random player :P

Isphera
12th May 2008, 08:10 PM
OK, tradition setting in. DO NOT NECRO THREADS - I am not cutting the testicles off of the necro'er here because it's Bloo, and he has outstanding hug tokens. But I will castrate squeaks. And twats. And pedos. And your mum.

As for the name, we all know I will never play it, so I will just suggest WAHWAH

We All Hate Warcraft And Hutch :D

Bloo
12th May 2008, 08:37 PM
/Admin mode on.

And we also try to remain on topic at all times, with any deviation resulting in death, or deletion.

/Admin off.
/Sarcasm mode off. It was never on? I know.

Sooo, out of the people who will be in the guild (since CallyWally said he most likely won't be, if you can't read. But if you can't read you can't read this either so HA! You're poor).

I'll either be a High Elf Archmage or a Dark Elf Sorceress.
Chazlene will either be a High Elf Shadow Warrior ('cuse they're a ranger) or a Chaos Marauder/Orc Choppa.
Marshy will be a tank or a support class.
Squizzel, if he actually gets the bloody game, will most likely be a tank (I'm going to guess Dwarf Ironbreaker or Dark Elf Blackguard myself).
Spawn is an enigma, but i'm going to guess he'll be whatever he thinks us idiots needs to sort everything out.
And Hutchypoo has said he'll either be a High Elf Archmage or an Orc Choppa.

Also, as a suggestion, since guilds are also called regiments I think we should be the 14th Boyscout Reserves. Now get to busy insulting my suggestion for a guild name.

Trigger
12th May 2008, 09:11 PM
Well ive never really been into mmo's personally but im thinking about giveing this 1 a try, some of the features of it look pretty ace and this guild idea with fort takeing sounds good :D. Being a complete noob at mmos i wouldnt know where to start. Thinking of being a squig herder until u mentioned being kicked around :eek:. so i reckon something big and horrible like a marauder may suit me. Oh and back on topic ill think about some names which can also get ridiculed.

CallyWally
12th May 2008, 09:21 PM
I want a serious guildname coz i actually wanna be serious with this game (ooo that rhymes)

Bloo
12th May 2008, 10:02 PM
The Troubadours of the Glorious Fox (or for being silly, the Glorious Parsnip/-THAT- amusingly shaped winter vegetable).

Marshy
13th May 2008, 11:16 AM
I liked 14th Boyscout Reserves, i want a name that is silly i hate guild names like [Twisted Killers] it lacks imagination anything that is weird ushally people have though about it and how it would be good. Like we are doing now my vote is for 14th Boyscout Reserves as we will most likely be evil and that name makes us sound like girls.

Chazlene
13th May 2008, 12:59 PM
Hang on, I like 14th Boyscout reserves, but, If we are being the unorganised Destruction faction and the game being set in a fantasy setting, won't that name be too modern and organised?

Bloo
13th May 2008, 04:39 PM
the 14th Elfersmashin' Boyz?

Vicious Horizon
13th May 2008, 04:42 PM
Have something like an army corps? Like 25th Death Legion.

Bloo
13th May 2008, 04:46 PM
Death Legion, oh dear. We might as well be The Badger Marauders.

Vicious Horizon
13th May 2008, 05:48 PM
Death legion is an utter cliche :D

Marshy
13th May 2008, 06:50 PM
Death legion thats the sort of thing im talking about loads of people will be going after things like Dead Legion, Dark Legion (also is open beta out)

spawnofebil
15th May 2008, 05:49 PM
We Would Take This Game Seriously But Our Guild Name Is Too Silly

Marshy
15th May 2008, 06:12 PM
Spawns back! or he just hasent posted much (anyways the latese post o have seen in like 2 months) I wanna be the tank or healer, healer pref

Bloo
15th May 2008, 06:26 PM
We Would Take This Game Seriously But Our Guild Name Is Too Silly

That would be my first choice, but I bet there is a character limit for names :P

Marshy
18th May 2008, 03:34 PM
Oh hell to the no

http://img33.picoodle.com/img/img33/4/5/18/f_lulzm_bf913e1.jpg (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/4/5/18/f_lulzm_bf913e1.jpg&srv=img33)

I aint playing chaos look at it may as well be the drag queen class, im playing dwarf so i wont be with you all sorry

Bloo
18th May 2008, 03:56 PM
Well, there are four classes for chaos, one of them a heavily armoured warrior, one a more mage type and another as a crazed barbarian with a freaky arm as well.

Not to mention two other races for destruction.
Like I said though, I only said that I prefer destruction, I don't mind if we play Order. Either way i'm going pointy ear because they're described as "English posh people" or (for Dark Elves) "English posh people, who've taken drugs."

Marshy
18th May 2008, 04:12 PM
Hmm maby i can convert everyone, Bloo play order because the pointy ears are even more pointy, Chaz think of the ranger classes! and me think of the runehealing prist!

Bloo
18th May 2008, 04:59 PM
Just to annoy everybody, there is also Age of Conan, which is going to be released within the month (so if you have exams, you can get it after them etc). It isn't faction based like WAR, but you can have massive PvP sieges between guilds. Combat is more active (there is no auto attack option, you choose your types of attack and stuff) and is more "involved". Set in the Hyborian Age setting (which is far more than the Arnie films...) so it's all quite dark and gritty, lots of violence, a dedicated ranger class that you can play no matter what race (or culture, as everyone is human) you are.
What else, mounted combat (you actually can fight on horseback, or if horses bore you, a rhino, or a mammoth), ability to make entire a city for your guild, and stuff. Finally, talking to NPC's is like the system Mass Effect employed, where you listen (and choose!) to your own characters spoken response. But, it's also very bloody and an 18. So if you don't like blood and have strict parents, then it probably isn't a good option.

Marshy
18th May 2008, 05:18 PM
So thats a yes on order? nice sorted closed!

Bloo
18th May 2008, 05:24 PM
So thats a yes on order? nice sorted closed!

Probably the best thing to do is to make a poll closer to the release of WAR for it and everyone vote then.

Squizzel
18th May 2008, 05:45 PM
by then bloo's evil plan will have reached completion and we'll all be playing age of conan XD

Bloo
18th May 2008, 05:48 PM
by then bloo's evil plan will have reached completion and we'll all be playing age of conan XD

Yes, thats my evil plan. Of course. >>

No friend, it is far worse than that, you'll all be playing Dwarf Fortress, BWAHAHA, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Gotta love those little blighters.

Marshy
18th May 2008, 09:34 PM
I want to play order and Companion cube is alot better than me in every way.

Thanks Bloo! i willbe sure to heal you the most

Bloo
18th May 2008, 09:36 PM
Yes I really am a flithy fletcher who's greatest hope in life is having a meal for the week. Yup.

And to be honest, the class I want to play most on Order is the Archmage, and they heal as well.

Marshy
18th May 2008, 10:49 PM
Hey i have two meals a week now bitch!

And yeh everyne agreed on order? ok sorted!

spawnofebil
19th May 2008, 07:55 PM
We're all getting AoC now. It has been decided.

Marshy
21st May 2008, 07:24 PM
Ok... any news on the specs WAR needs as i have a pretty crap comp getting a new one at christmas

Bloo
21st May 2008, 07:27 PM
We're all getting AoC now. It has been decided.

Ok... any news on the specs WAR needs as i have a pretty crap comp getting a new one at christmas

Didn't you hear, we're getting Age of Conan now? :P

As an actual response, truly I have no idea.

CallyWally
9th June 2008, 08:10 PM
And to be honest, the class I want to play most on Order is the Archmage, and they heal as well.

ATM, Archmages are neither here no there, just on the ground writhing in agony; asking why the people at Relic have made it unable to do any damage and why its healing fails miserably.

'Nuff said :P

(Also, AoC fails...they tried to make a cool combat system but it isn't all there; if you know what I mean ^^

CallyWally
9th June 2008, 08:15 PM

Weren't too long ago that Nvidia released a graphics card called the Nvidia 9600 GSO. About £100 and will handle WAR like a bitch :)

So combine that with a decent motherboard and a CPU with 2-3 gig of Ram, you should be alrite :)

Isphera
9th June 2008, 08:16 PM
They spent too long on the boob graphics and physics on the female chars.

Come play WoW :D

CallyWally
9th June 2008, 08:19 PM

lol even Rappelz has better graphics than WoW :P

Bloo
9th June 2008, 09:00 PM
Also, AoC fails...they tried to make a cool combat system but it isn't all there; if you know what I mean ^^

Actually, after trying AoC out, I've got to say the combat is quite frankly genius. You're more involved in it and for me atleast, the combat is now an onscreen process rather than watching healthbars go down.

Yes, they did spend too long on them, especially since (amazingly for a MMO) no one is going around flashing.

It's a good game, but not a WoW-beater, from most of the chatting i've seen, most of the players there are from the bygone days of Evercrack and Ultima Online.

Marshy
9th June 2008, 09:15 PM

Google wow nude patch >.> not like i have it or anything!