PDA

View Full Version : What side should we be in WAR?

Bloo
9th January 2008, 08:23 PM
It's another WAR thread yup, since Chazlene brought it up, I thought i'd do a poll about it (providing I can work the bloody things out, fingers crossed!).

So my question to you, the idiot- intelligent masses, what side should we play, ORDER (Germans, Dwarves and Nice Elves) or DESTRUCTION (Greenskins, Mutants and Freaks and Naughty Elves).

VOTE NOW! NOW! NOW!!!

(Will you kindly only vote if you are actually considering buying the game, thanks).

EDIT: Oh yeah, I vote evil by the way.

Hutch
9th January 2008, 08:36 PM
Evil!!!

Chazlene
9th January 2008, 11:00 PM
I'd prefer good, but I don't mind going with evil. It's just that destruction doesn't have a decent ranger class. :(

Marshy
9th January 2008, 11:08 PM
Evil always sucks because everyone thinks Oh im well ard cus i havz a levelz 13 orc dont mess with me, whilst good is always for more mmorpg gamers as they are looking for good gameplay not just stomp crash bang, well good for me and also The Powerpuff [Boys] is a kick ass guild name

Hutch
9th January 2008, 11:09 PM
Powerpuff boys is an awesome guild, ex C2G member ETC was quite a high member there.

Bloo
9th January 2008, 11:56 PM
Evil always sucks because everyone thinks Oh im well ard cus i havz a levelz 13 orc dont mess with me, whilst good is always for more mmorpg gamers as they are looking for good gameplay not just stomp crash bang,

I think that this is a bit of a generalisation, you also on the other hand have good players who's sole purpose is to get under that elf girls chainmail, even though in real life she is being controlled by a greasy trucker called Les.

Looking at the fact that Mythics previous MMO, Dark Age of Camelot, it seems that they attract (and now i'm going to be dull and 'orrible in my wording) a more 'mature' audience, certainly the tone of the Warhammer world is set for that horrible buzzword phrase 'mature' players.

Besides, try the City of Villians trial and then the City of Heroes one, I found that in CoV more people talked in full sentences than in CoH, when they talked in 'leet speak'.

Marshy
10th January 2008, 05:03 PM
I think that this is a bit of a generalisation, you also on the other hand have good players who's sole purpose is to get under that elf girls chainmail, even though in real life she is being controlled by a greasy trucker called Les.

i lol'd

Anyway you raise a good point and see what you mean, I suppose im open to any class i just prefer good.

Squizzel
10th January 2008, 07:05 PM
gah....I can't decide

evil is fun and it's a change from me normally playing good chars but........dwarves grow their beards as they get more powerful

Vicious Horizon
10th January 2008, 09:16 PM
Being 100% honest, what's so awesome about a dwarf's beard growing? A little simple scripting for that xD

Hutch
10th January 2008, 09:23 PM
Dont get in the way of a hardcore roleplayer like Andy, basic scripting isnt anything, its the idea that counts.

Bloo
10th January 2008, 10:09 PM
Being 100% honest, what's so awesome about a dwarf's beard growing? A little simple scripting for that xD

Everytime someone says making a game script is simple, a game dev punts a kitten out of a window.
And also the fact they took the time to script and program the fact that a dwarf's beard grows as they get powerful is a nice little touch that makes the game that little bit more special. :rolleyes:

Marshy
10th January 2008, 10:30 PM
True! What specs do i need to run it as my comp is shit and please no jokes about that post i made

Bloo
10th January 2008, 10:37 PM
I think it's too early for system specs for WAR, but my guess is it'll be quite pretty, but can be put down enough to remain competitive in the MMO market.

Marshy
10th January 2008, 10:44 PM
When will it be out like 09?!?

Bloo
10th January 2008, 10:55 PM
April May June time of this year, apparantly.

Squizzel
10th January 2008, 11:38 PM
that means 09 :P

CallyWally
20th April 2008, 03:04 PM
I'd prefer good, but I don't mind going with evil. It's just that destruction doesn't have a decent ranger class. :(

Actually, the goblin squig herder class is pretty awesome lol :)

CallyWally
20th April 2008, 03:06 PM
April May June time of this year, apparantly.

uummm I think they're delaying it until Christmas now...

Calneon
20th April 2008, 03:45 PM
Destruction, because I always played alliance on WoW (played), and regretted it because of how much more mature all the horde players were.

Bloo
20th April 2008, 08:25 PM
uummm I think they're delaying it until Christmas now...

This is quite an old topic, back then they said about that time. But yes, i'm betting around Christmas/Early '09 myself now.