PDA

View Full Version : Hutch's first American football related thread and last.

Hutch
21st January 2008, 07:58 PM
http://kotaku.com/assets/resources/2008/01/maddencurse.jpg

Saw this story on Kotaku and thought of Oric. It's basically describing the curse of the Madden NFL Games. Namely that if a player is on the front cover, they get seriously injured for a long time. Kotaku tries to bust this myth, Mythbusters style (if you don't know about Mythbusters, you cant exist, watch discovery channel, I have some episodes on DVD, think EXPLODING CHICKENS!!!).
Apparently the numnut players still want to be on the cover of madden even with the fear of this curse, apparently playing football makes you likely to be injured anyway.

Via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/347001/feasting-on-the-bones-of-the-madden-curse)

Isphera
22nd January 2008, 08:49 AM
Hehe, Michael Vick is the best example. Injured 5 days after the game came out for pretty much the whole season. But now, hes currently serving a 2 year term in jail for funding a dog fighting ring :).

This year it was Vince Young and Luis Castillo. Both got injured, and had bad seasons, even though their teams were fine and went to the playoffs.

List of idiot players to sign up for the Madden Curse:
Garrison Hearst
Barry Sanders
Dorsey Levens
Eddie George
Daunte Culpepper (ex-Viking)
Marshall Faulk
Michael Vick
Ray Lewis
Donovan McNabb
Shaun Alexander
Vince Young
Luis Castillo

And hopefully, they don't put Adrian Peterson (our Running Back) on the cover, because that would make me cry.

spawnofebil
22nd January 2008, 09:24 AM
Oric, did you actually READ THE ARTICLE?

It states that there is NO MADDEN CURSE.

Isphera
22nd January 2008, 06:47 PM
And there is no god, yet people still seem to be arguing that point.

Squizzel
22nd January 2008, 08:02 PM
believing in god is less ridiculous than believing the madden curse.........in most cases

Bloo
22nd January 2008, 10:20 PM
Personally, I find believing in God silly, he'd must be SO lonely without any other diety friends. Thats why I worship many gods at the same time. So they aren't lonely. Think of the poor lonely gods.

Chazlene
22nd January 2008, 11:04 PM
God is a fat black woman in a wheelchair. End of.

Bloo
22nd January 2008, 11:34 PM

I prefer to believe there is a different god for each of those combinations, but are known collectively as the gods of whining.

ez64
24th January 2008, 04:55 AM

can we have this stickyed please? :D