PDA

View Full Version : Donations and Subscriptions

Chalex4
25th January 2008, 09:55 PM
http://www.atkcommunity.com/banners/news/general.png

Today I am paying for our annual vBulletin payment, which amounts to about £50. However, I only have just enough money from current subscribers to pay for this. And since I have still not paid back myself for our hosting and domains, I really need much more money. We currently have the following subscribers:

Darkeagle (new!), Marshy, Hutch, Bloo, Chazlene, FaTaL

I am extremely grateful to all of our subscribers, however it really would be great if other members of the community could try to donate or subscribe as well.

For example, if all of our non-subscribing 37 active members paid as little as £1.50-£2.00 a month, we would be able to easily afford these costs as well as more luxurious items such as a quad core server to run every game server you ever wanted, and more! The more people donate, the more easily we can make this community better and better!

So far this community has been very relaxed with the amount of donations and subscriptions we ask for, whereas many other communities are the complete opposite. We are very lucky to have two awesome sponsors, Direct Clan Hosting (http://www.atkcommunity.com/ccount/click.php?id=1) and UK Web.Solutions Direct (http://www.atkcommunity.com/ccount/click.php?id=2), so we have less payments to make than many other communities, but we still need more than we have right now!

By clicking one of the links below, you can donate or subscribe - both are dealt with through PayPal. If you don't have a PayPal account, don't worry, you can subscribe without an account on PayPal by simply using your credit or debit card. Once you have signed up, it always automatically renews so you won't have to worry about paying every month manually. Cancelling your subscription is just as easy. After you have subscribed, your account will automatically be updated with your new settings, and an admin will grant you the necessary admin on our servers.

My opinion on whether you should donate or subscribe is that subscribing is much more beneficial to everyone. The community gets the security of a certain amount per month, and you get privileges unavailable to donators. If we didn't have a constant stream of money from our current subscribers, the community wouldn't exist.

If you are planning to donate, please be aware that you get no special privileges unless you subscribe. Please following the links below for more information:

Subscriptions (http://www.atkcommunity.com/index.php?page=subscriptions)

Donations (http://www.atkcommunity.com/billspaypal.php)

If you have ANY questions, please post them below. And now a message from Mean Cat:

http://www.atkcommunity.com/chalex4/MeanCat_monies.jpg

Mr.Big
26th January 2008, 12:43 AM
i wuld love to donate/subscribe, but i have no bling bling $$$ :( i love this community ,active members good friends,.

Vicious Horizon
26th January 2008, 01:57 PM
Well, i dont have a cred/deb card so i can't, i would if i could..

Bloo
26th January 2008, 02:45 PM
I'd urge anyone who's benefitted from the community hugely to donate, it'd be terrible if it crashed to the ground because of selfishness.

Chalex4
26th January 2008, 06:34 PM
Very true Bloo. Even if you don't have your own card, I am sure that using your parents' card and simply paying them back each month wouldn't be that difficult.

Also, if you are over 11 or something, you are eligible for Visa Electron/Connect cards from banks like Barclays. It is very easy simply to say no to subscribing/donating, but please consider all the options since there is very little reason why most people can't help out.

Hutch
26th January 2008, 06:37 PM
When over 16 you can have your own visa debit card!!!!

Marshy
26th January 2008, 07:27 PM
My name is first, i rule!

Also hutch i have a debit card and im 15 i got it when i was 14

Hutch
26th January 2008, 07:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAvC1MZAR4s

This is what god will do to you if you dont subscribe.... yes you will sound very much like a moosecow.

Marshy
26th January 2008, 08:51 PM
Bloody hell whoever took that help him! What a retard " Yeh mate come here, yeh your face is messed up now look at the camera"

ez64
27th January 2008, 05:09 AM
lol youve done no console c++ or # then?

VoX
27th January 2008, 04:11 PM
All my money is going towards new PC so I can't help out at the moment.

Chalex4
27th January 2008, 06:51 PM
All my money is going towards new PC so I can't help out at the moment.

I thought you and Dark Deagle were going to donate together straight after Christmas... I really doubt that at least £1.50 month (£18 a year) is going to break the bank.

ez64
27th January 2008, 08:11 PM
Although £1.50/£2 per month can go towards saving a animals life or resheltering it.

Hutch
27th January 2008, 08:17 PM
Although £1.50/£2 per month can go towards saving a animals life or resheltering it.

Ask around, Chalex is actually a horse.

ez64
27th January 2008, 08:20 PM
thats what I meant ^&^

Chalex4
27th January 2008, 09:58 PM
After adding tax to the cost of the vBulletin, I have just paid close to £60. This now means that I have no money for hosting, and I am simply losing loads of cash out of my own pocket.

I need donations/subscriptions now, otherwise more serious actions will have to be taken. I also expect anyone who has any kind of admin to be more than willing to donate/subscribe. I don't want to have to start removing admin and privilages, but I will if I have to.

Likewise, if you do donate or subscribe (assuming you are trustworthy, and I know you), there is a good chance you will get admin on some servers :D (even if your subscription/donation package doesn't say that you will get it).

Bloo
27th January 2008, 11:57 PM
I can try and bump up some extra cash later, but i'm low on funds and a fiver is all I can afford. :/

ez64
28th January 2008, 09:05 AM
same I need lunch today, im uni student poor atm.

Darkeagle
28th January 2008, 05:52 PM
Give me 2 weeks to persuade my dad to let me use his credit card and i will pay Gold

Marshy
29th January 2008, 12:33 PM
You need something to draw them in i mean i hardly play css and i havent played tf2 in ages the servers arent the reasons that i have subscribed. The only reason i even subscribed was to help out the community, i will agree its not much at all i pay but its still something. I have only played on a ATK server once (tf2) and the only reason im not upping my subscription to gold ect is because all it will offer me is server addons (basic admin, vip skins) I would be more intersted if it were thinks like My own Sub Forum being able to moderate my own threats ect.. anyway they are my thoughts, Thanks for readin :P

VoX
29th January 2008, 06:13 PM
As soon as I get more active in ATK again I'll start subscribing.

Hutch
29th January 2008, 07:18 PM
You need something to draw them in i mean i hardly play css and i havent played tf2 in ages the servers arent the reasons that i have subscribed. The only reason i even subscribed was to help out the community, i will agree its not much at all i pay but its still something. I have only played on a ATK server once (tf2) and the only reason im not upping my subscription to gold ect is because all it will offer me is server addons (basic admin, vip skins) I would be more intersted if it were thinks like My own Sub Forum being able to moderate my own threats ect.. anyway they are my thoughts, Thanks for readin :P

The costs arent for the game servers, those are free. The cost is for the webhosting and forum software.... if we were paying for the game servers, we'd be fucked.

Also EZ54, cough up the dough, you have enough dosh, and if you dont have enough, go busk for it... a fiver wont take long to get hold of.

Col Mitch, cough up the dough... you are loaded.
Target , it would be nice if you could donate at least a pound.
Oric.... You havent given any money but you've gained alot from ATK

Chazlene
29th January 2008, 07:33 PM
Agreed, Oric really should pay, he has gotten a lot out of the community, and hasn't really given anything back. Also certain people we KNOW can pay due to how much they're willing to spend on new PCs...

Isphera
30th January 2008, 08:48 AM
I cant pay right now, I have hardly any money, and that which I have is being saved for a cause that I will gain from. If this statement means my admin is removed, then so be it.

spawnofebil
30th January 2008, 09:06 AM
Oh yes, you're so poor Oric.

Also, you're gaining from this community, aren't you?

Marshy
30th January 2008, 11:25 AM
Ok this is getting a little out of hand we are starting to single people out for not subscribing, and i mean spawn come on have you subscribed yet? so dont start telling oric to subscribe when we are yet to see you do it

Bloo
30th January 2008, 02:45 PM
Ok this is getting a little out of hand we are starting to single people out for not subscribing, and i mean spawn come on have you subscribed yet? so dont start telling oric to subscribe when we are yet to see you do it

I think the point was from spawns point of view is that Oric has influence in the community (e.g. Admin etc...) which isn't backed up by anything given the new model of how ATK has to run (With donations from members). To put it simply, You, Chazlene, Hutch and I (and anyone else who subscribes!) have given money to the pie shop, and thus feel we have a share in the pie, while Oric has his greasy fingers all over it and has done jack all for it other than block up the loo.

Isphera
30th January 2008, 06:31 PM
If you see fit, then remove the admin. But last I checked, donations are voluntary and from what I have experienced in this thread, as well as several members approach me at school (which is, quite frankly, the worst place to do it, and not helping their cause), it seems that it is simply a membership fee for me because I happen to know the core leadership of the community.

So make your bloody mind up. Keep donations voluntary and stop pestering the shit out of me or make it a membership fee.

Bloo
30th January 2008, 06:55 PM
If you see fit, then remove the admin. But last I checked, donations are voluntary and from what I have experienced in this thread, as well as several members approach me at school (which is, quite frankly, the worst place to do it, and not helping their cause), it seems that it is simply a membership fee for me because I happen to know the core leadership of the community.

So make your bloody mind up. Keep donations voluntary and stop pestering the shit out of me or make it a membership fee.

At the same time, it isn't wrong to assume that if you want a larger role in the community, you'll have to help it out - no gain without pain as the saying goes. Personally I think VoX should cough up as well, but as he has said, when he gets more active he will and i'll hold him to that.

So don't do the hurt child and all innocent "me? Why me? I'm the victim!" act Oric, it doesn't fool anyone.

Isphera
30th January 2008, 07:48 PM
At the same time, it isn't wrong to assume that if you want a larger role in the community, you'll have to help it out - no gain without pain as the saying goes. Personally I think VoX should cough up as well, but as he has said, when he gets more active he will and i'll hold him to that.

So don't do the hurt child and all innocent "me? Why me? I'm the victim!" act Oric, it doesn't fool anyone.

Bull. Shit.

Hutch
30th January 2008, 07:53 PM
Didn't Spawn give a pound today? Surely you could match that Oric, as a sign of good faith. A pound is like 3 donuts.

Bloo
30th January 2008, 08:43 PM
Bull. Shit.

What part of my post is? Please elaborate further on this, an emotive phrase isn't much of an argument and a strong indicator that what i've said has wounded you to the core, just so you know.

Friend of Wander
7th February 2008, 07:19 PM
Oh yes, you're so poor Oric.

Also, you're gaining from this community, aren't you?

Don't listen to Spawn. Oric has a right to do what he wants with his money, and nobody can legally interfere with this right.

On another note I've made like 3 posts, and the affiliates has not benifited me whatsoever :P I also have no sort of credit/debit card, and no job.

Get lots of money from Spawn though :D

Darkeagle
20th February 2008, 01:24 PM
I have signed up for premium hopes this helps in the long run

Bloo
20th February 2008, 01:26 PM
I'm not going to be beaten, I tell you Chalex, i'm signing up for the £10 package as well! (for 2 months atleast, I found a £20 note in a pair of jeans).

spawnofebil
20th February 2008, 01:28 PM
I'll double my donation as well, as a sign of good faith. In addition, I'll also pay for Marcus, since he's too much of a lazy slob and far too self-centred to actually HELP anybody.

Darkeagle
20th February 2008, 01:29 PM
Lol thanks to me look whats happend I AM GOD!

Hutch
20th February 2008, 01:31 PM
I'll put in an extra £2.50 now as a donation, not a subscription.

Darkeagle
20th February 2008, 01:33 PM
I think my name should be on that list of non shamed people please! Lol joking

Hutch
20th February 2008, 01:37 PM
Done my £2.50 as a donation now.

Bloo
20th February 2008, 02:11 PM
I have signed up for premium hopes this helps in the long run

Yeah darkdeagle, you're catalyst for donations! To quote a Spainard... "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXD"

Hutch
20th February 2008, 05:39 PM
Chalex will be happy that at least someone is paying the void of Oric's subscription lol.

Pheonix
20th February 2008, 05:54 PM
well i have only just started getting into the communtiy so i wont donate but, soon ill be going to college and have a part time job, so i will donate in the future when i can, you can count on that.

oh yeh and how would i donate? debit card? sorry yeh im a noob lol

Chalex4
20th February 2008, 09:58 PM
Cheers to everyone who has been generous enough to donate/subscribe to the community, especially Darkeagle who is now on the premium package, your subscription will be fantastically useful.

I am always grateful for individual donations, and Hutch's £2.50 donation on top of his normal subscription is great.

Yeah, no problem Pheonix. Get used to the Community, and donate when you can, it's great to see newer members also wanting to help out :) .

Isphera
4th March 2008, 08:40 PM
Didn't Spawn give a pound today? Surely you could match that Oric, as a sign of good faith. A pound is like 3 donuts.

I'll double my donation as well, as a sign of good faith. In addition, I'll also pay for Marcus, since he's too much of a lazy slob and far too self-centred to actually HELP anybody.

Chalex will be happy that at least someone is paying the void of Oric's subscription lol.

Agreed, Oric really should pay, he has gotten a lot out of the community, and hasn't really given anything back. Also certain people we KNOW can pay due to how much they're willing to spend on new PCs...

Col Mitch, cough up the dough... you are loaded.
Target , it would be nice if you could donate at least a pound.
Oric.... You havent given any money but you've gained alot from ATK

Slag me off no more. I wish to subscribe to the Silver Package, and as a token of good will, I will add an extra £10 donation to the community. Now say I am a mean lecherous hump.

ez64
4th March 2008, 08:41 PM
you are a mean lecherous hump, even though I haven’t donated a penny yet, your still a mean lecherous hump since you asked for it and you’re a donator you get whatever insult you ask for ^&^

gz on 700.

Snerfs
4th March 2008, 08:42 PM
You are a mean lecherous hump

lol jk, but you asked for it :D

Isphera
4th March 2008, 08:45 PM
Told you my 700th post was special ;)

Snerfs
4th March 2008, 08:46 PM
gz mate

Chalex4
4th March 2008, 09:04 PM
Slag me off no more. I wish to subscribe to the Silver Package, and as a token of good will, I will add an extra £10 donation to the community. Now say I am a mean lecherous hump.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Nice one Oricalcos, this will really be a day to remember! As always, every subscription/donation is appreciated beyond words (especially from you) and it will all go towards keeping everything running smoothly, and in the rare event that we have spare cash we will continue to make the Community better and better! (Nothing will get decided without votes of course :rolleyes: ).

I thought it was a little odd to see you doing this just before you posted, but I assumed it was nothing :p .

http://www.atkcommunity.com/chalex4/final_oric.png

Thanks again! (IP has been removed to save Oric's soul from being eaten by Hutch)

Isphera
4th March 2008, 09:04 PM
Yeah, not something you would normally see ;)

Chazlene
4th March 2008, 09:38 PM
A new age has dawned in ATK... again.

Oric has subscribed and Hutch has finally been seen as the cause of the trouble and has been punished severely (He just spammed TS again).

Remember this day ATKers, the 4th March 2008, The ATK Enlightenment maybe?

Darkeagle
4th March 2008, 09:43 PM
Do i have to change sig and title?

Chalex4
4th March 2008, 09:46 PM
Lol, might be a good idea ;).

Darkeagle
4th March 2008, 09:49 PM
Dam Looks like a new sig for me ( took me ages DAM YOU ORIC DAM YOU TO HELL) lol

Isphera
4th March 2008, 10:13 PM
Shouldn't have chosen them in the first place :).

VoX
5th March 2008, 08:10 PM
I'm going to ask my mum about subscribing when she is in a good mood, now's not the right time lol.

FaTaL
5th March 2008, 10:15 PM
when im back into the role of coming to the forums, ill start to donate my monies again, im sure my fiver will help you all.

spawnofebil
5th March 2008, 10:29 PM
Even though Oric probably did this to spite Hutch, it's still a Good Thing.

Isphera
5th March 2008, 10:49 PM
Even though Oric probably did this to spite Hutch, it's still a Good Thing.

I have been sitting on the fence whether to donate since most of the abuse came in, it has been in the last few days that I have begun to believe that donating would be for the greater good, and is not related to the Hutch Incident. Timing is coincidental.