PDA

View Full Version : Halifax Bank Blocks World of Warcraft Subscriptions

Hutch
19th February 2008, 09:25 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51QmN8S-tqL._AA280_.jpg

The Halifax Bank and The Bank Of Scotland are no longer allowing gamers to subscribe to WoW through their bank. They claim the decision was made based on the fact that World Of Warcraft subscriptions have an “unusually high incidence of credit card fraud”. However, they will process payments from customers who contact the bank and verify identity.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/fa/Halifax.png/120px-Halifax.png

If a customer does want to subscribe to a game site operated by Blizzard, using a Halifax or Bank of Scotland credit card, we can arrange for the payments to be processed for them if they contact us.
http://news.filefront.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/cardthief.jpg

Although this isn’t technically Blizzard’s issue, they really need to take some steps to prevent fraud.
If other banks around the world take the same measures, it could mean a serious drop in revenue created by World of Warcraft.

Otherwise... BUY A TIME CARD... if you really have to play WoW...
http://gogamenow.com/image/wow_time_card.jpg

Isphera
19th February 2008, 11:32 PM
Hence why I do.

ez64
20th February 2008, 12:05 AM
Well my brother halifax card still works so Im calling bs.

Hutch
20th February 2008, 12:16 AM
All I think it shows is that WoW players steal inorder to feed their dirty habits... like crack whores.
Also, CVG is never wrong.

Darkeagle
20th February 2008, 11:04 AM
A bit of a extreme comparison Wow players and crack addicts, i can see where you coming from though.

Snerfs
20th February 2008, 11:36 AM
All I think it shows is that WoW players steal inorder to feed their dirty habits... like crack whores.
Also, CVG is never wrong.

And that comes from someone that used to play warcraft? -.-

spawnofebil
20th February 2008, 01:21 PM
Hutch has been a crack whore, he knows what it feels like.

Darkeagle
20th February 2008, 01:31 PM
AHHH explains allot

Target
20th February 2008, 09:41 PM
Im also calling BS coz i also use my halifax card so hutch u chat crap + game cards are a rip off

Isphera
20th February 2008, 10:54 PM
Well, only by a pound or so they are, but TBH, Ive used cards since I started, and I havent had a problem.

Snerfs
21st February 2008, 08:38 AM
Otherwise... BUY A TIME CARD... if you really have to play WoW...
http://gogamenow.com/image/wow_time_card.jpg

You talk of it as an addiction and i personally take that to offense for the main reason i am not addicted and can proudly say i can put it down and play another game. For example, when i play DFBHD with a clan. So sorry, no its not if you HAVE to play WoW, its if you WANT to play WoW

Isphera
21st February 2008, 02:43 PM
Damn. Fucking. Straight.

Target
24th February 2008, 10:49 PM
Hutch this thread needs renaming now as HUTCH GETS WOWNED!!!!

Hutch
24th February 2008, 11:04 PM
Or maybe you should all stfu as I got this from Filefront news and Kotaku. And some people HAVE been having problems. You guys need to get out more: go hiking :)

Chazlene
24th February 2008, 11:34 PM
You guys need to get out more: go hiking :)

Another one of your needless insults which has no relevance?

Hutch
24th February 2008, 11:38 PM
Or maybe it was a response to them going over the top.

Bloo
24th February 2008, 11:51 PM
People people, lets keep the arguments for the Forum Office Roleplay damnit!

ez64
25th February 2008, 01:22 AM
He's a maniac maniac that’s for sure, hiking likes he's never hiked before.

Now someone please make the TF2 video to that ^&^

Isphera
25th February 2008, 08:50 AM
And some people HAVE been having problems.

Does not mean that they have just banned Halifax cards from playing it. So stop bullshitting.

Hutch
25th February 2008, 07:20 PM
Stop being such a fanboy.... just cos you lost moderator in this forum :).
And WoW is a hotspot for fraud, people steal and sell items and accounts etc. Its not the cleanest of games.

Bloo
25th February 2008, 07:59 PM
FPS's have aimbotters, wallhackers and gods know what else ya'know Hutchypoo, and lets not forget all those people getting it for free from illegal cracks etc.

NO ONLINE GAME IS CLEAN!

Darkeagle
25th February 2008, 08:00 PM
lol Wow seems to be a sensitive spot for us This past week. TBH Hutch didnt make it up so i wouldn't say HUTCH was bull shitting but It depends how much you trust the source that he got it From:

ez64
25th February 2008, 08:17 PM
My excuse is....

while(sand==vagina)
{
document.write("Moan about wow yet secretly play it and donate $89 to a custom server for tier 6 gear");
}
if(pocket==bottomless)
{
goto.ATKdonationpage;
pocket+£40;
}
else
{
document.write("Post Generic Funny Here");
}

Hutch
25th February 2008, 08:22 PM
Lol, I dont play wow, and do actually donate money to ATK, and my pockets aren't bottomless... why don't you donate, you have lots of dosh? WE KNOW YOU HAVE MONIES!

ez64
25th February 2008, 09:15 PM
not recently Uni has sucked 6k off me already and £300 extra for car insurance and now a holiday had to be payed up.

I will have monies closer to i34 and will donate then.