PDA

View Full Version : Remove moderator from Oricalcos

Hutch
20th February 2008, 01:54 AM
Right, radical suggestion here, and its been getting on my large moobs recently.

Remove Oricalcos' Moderator in the WOW Sub forum in the MMORPG section.
Recently he has been abusing this privilege openly.

The "Where is everyone in the world (of Warcraft)" thread has been wiped about 3 times by Mr Oricalcos, leaving just the first post, with the reason "Off Topic", funny seeing as most of the posts gave their locations in the world (of Warcraft). The only reason he deleted the posts was because 1 or 2 said that they had given up WoW, not exactly off topic In its less altered form (1 post was perma deleted by him): http://www.atkcommunity.com/showthread.php?t=784

The second annoyance by him in this sub forum, has been his deletion of my portal thread with the reason "pruning", That was not off topic, and its provacative title was meant to be a joke, the thread contained nothing offensive at all, but again, he took offence, and as HE COULD delete it, he did, even though the thread was 3 days old when he deleted it.... the forum doesn't really need pruning. Here it is unchanged, think why you would delete that for "pruning" please : http://www.atkcommunity.com/showthread.php?t=830

In fact, anyone who posts in that forum who isnt really actively involved in WoW gets their post deleted for being off topic, even if voicing an opinion on the topic of the thread (admittedly not all of them are constructive).

Another case awhile back (its old but still goes on, but common in the wow forum, this is a thread about MCR, found here: http://www.atkcommunity.com/showthread.php?t=27 (hopefully now untampered, below is a picture with tampering)

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/265/oriceditrv8.jpg
See. that even beloved administrator Chalex's posts have been deleted for not agreeing with him.
I would post more pictures but i didnt screengrab them as I was more concerned with getting those threads back in their uncensored form. Chalex can check the history himself.

IT IS NOT FAIR TO CENSOR OTHER PEOPLES THINGS.

I think this is just a case of Oric abusing admin because he can as he lost his TS admin. He is also being too much of a fanboy defending his precious game, but censorship of other users posts when they are not breaking any of the given forum rules is wrong (its not objectionable, its reasoned mostof it, or just an opinion, not saying the world is flat), even if we are allowed to edit, its a very evil thing to do.

Most of the moderating Chazlene and I do right now is fixing links and tidying up peoples posts who cant use url or quote tags well. Good that he keeps those thread necros at bay but, kindly stop him now as he's a power crazed moron right now. He doesn't need it as most of the things can be done by Chaz and I quite easily enough, and you don't need moderator to post a thread, and if people don't like the game and post about that fact, its not terribly off topic, and its the games problem. You can't make it go away by deleting it anyway as people still wont like it Oric. We can still ensure that posts are on the whole constructive and not a complete "lol it sucks" fest.

Why does he even need it?

Chazlene
20th February 2008, 09:13 AM
Voted yes, deleting posts that are not 100% on topic is just being a control freak, and why should he have moderator anyway if he doesn't donate?

Snerfs
20th February 2008, 11:34 AM
See. that even beloved administrator Chalex's posts have been deleted for not agreeing with him.

Im not voting but Hutch, get your tongue out of Chalex's ass

Isphera
20th February 2008, 11:55 AM
Look, If you wish to post crap and off-topic posts in threads, then do it somewhere where you know they won't be deleted and are actually cared for.

Also,

I think this is just a case of Oric abusing admin because he can as he lost his TS admin.

No. I am simply doing the job of a moderator of keeping threads in check and making sure rules are followd - which are plainly visible at the start of the first thread - and removing those posts which don't contribute significantly to the topic, or are abusive to other members, and ,to be quite honest Hutch, half your posts on this forum have either been pointless, spam, or simpple cheap shots at trying to get at me for no reason. So for once, decolourize your face, stop being such a twat, get some fucking friends and realise what a fucking petty fat fuck you are.

Chazlene
20th February 2008, 11:58 AM
Oric, believing that every post has to be completely on topic in a thread is just going too far, It'll make the forums too strict, too hard to use, and people won't want to return to the website. You're just using your moderator powers just because you can, not because you need to.

Hutch
20th February 2008, 12:09 PM
Look, If you wish to post crap and off-topic posts in threads, then do it somewhere where you know they won't be deleted and are actually cared for.

Also,

No. I am simply doing the job of a moderator of keeping threads in check and making sure rules are followd - which are plainly visible at the start of the first thread - and removing those posts which don't contribute significantly to the topic, or are abusive to other members, and ,to be quite honest Hutch, half your posts on this forum have either been pointless, spam, or simpple cheap shots at trying to get at me for no reason. So for once, decolourize your face, stop being such a twat, get some fucking friends and realise what a fucking petty fat fuck you are.

Read the rules, http://www.atkcommunity.com/rules.php. It doesn't say what people are posting in those threads is wrong, there isnt a rule about going too off topic, usually a polite "on topic please" is a good idea. Also, lets not get too personal on this issue. Randomly insulting people based on physical appearance isn't going to help you argue your case in any way.
And don't talk to me about spam, you have been known to post youtube threads with a 2 word description.

Also, have another infraction for swearing :)

Isphera
20th February 2008, 12:11 PM
Also, lets not get too personal on this issue. Randomly insulting people based on physical appearance isn't going to help you argue your case in any way.

Hold on, you seem to do this all the time on TS and the forum? Why should me doing it be any different?

Hutch
20th February 2008, 12:13 PM
I said, on this ISSUE. And I think many people would say that you are often the one who randomly comes up to me and starts giving me grief, do not make yourself out to be like Jesus here.

Friend of Wander
20th February 2008, 12:17 PM
are moderators supposed to swear?

Chazlene
20th February 2008, 12:21 PM
OK, you both insult each other loads, so it cancels out, and leave it at that. Oric, listen to Hutch about just posting something like 'on topic please', no one will like you or enjoy the community if you're too strict.

Isphera
20th February 2008, 12:23 PM
@ F.O.W : Hutch seems to all the time, so I was also exercising that line as well.

@ Hutch : Two things. One, it doesn't just apply to this issue, since this issue seems to come from the 'angst' you have over other issues. Two, that is just horseshit. How many times have I posted on a thread or gone into a TS channel, and then had you instantly post abusive and degrading comments on them? I've personally have lost count.

@ Chazlene : I'm sorry if you don't like my methods for managing the forum, but if you have a problem, I would rather you come say to my face on TS, rather than create a pointless thread in an attempt to make me look like an evil power-hungry nazi.

EDIT:

(1 post was perma deleted by him)

Bit of misinformation there, a mod of one board can't delete the posts, you need moderator for the whole forum to do that.

Bloo
20th February 2008, 01:00 PM
I voted yes because I like jumping on the bandwagon.

Darkeagle
20th February 2008, 01:11 PM
This might be a bit off topic but how comes oric gets his own custom user title when i had to pay for mine?

Hutch
20th February 2008, 01:14 PM
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/7696/orictamper2qu8.jpg

More evidence... despite having warnings, Marcus Cross has gone and deleted posts again... in the "Where is everyone in the World (of Warcraft)" thread http://www.atkcommunity.com/showthread.php?t=78. All of which were not vastly off topic.

I have put these posts back.

Darkeagle
20th February 2008, 01:20 PM
God this is like a never ending war

Isphera
20th February 2008, 01:24 PM
It will be, since they don't seem to want to stop posting crap in the WoW forums.

spawnofebil
20th February 2008, 01:26 PM
Why HAS MC got a custom user title?

If anything, he should have a custom picture.

Isphera
20th February 2008, 01:34 PM
I have got a custom picture, it's called an avatar.

Darkeagle
20th February 2008, 01:40 PM
Lol look what i just found from the beginning of forum

Other than that, just a word of warning. I am arrogent. Not going to deny it. And another word of warning, don't waste your breath bitching to me about it, 'cause I don't really care too much.

Lol that show now?

spawnofebil
20th February 2008, 01:44 PM
He's so arrogant he can't even spell the word.

Word.

Isphera
20th February 2008, 01:46 PM
Last I checked DD, doing your job wasn't arrogance.

Squizzel
20th February 2008, 01:48 PM
the point is you're not doing your job.......those posts didn't need deleting, look at threads anywhere else there's some off topic stuff and a bit of badmouthing sometimes, which is fine......those posts haven't been deleted and don't need to be

Isphera
20th February 2008, 01:50 PM
They did need deleting. Look at the rules in the first post of the Where are you in the world (of Warcraft) thread. The posts did not follow them, so I deleted them.

Darkeagle
20th February 2008, 01:51 PM
The thing is They did I think In them post if they are remotley related to WoW should have been kept

Hutch
20th February 2008, 01:52 PM
Stop deleting posts. Noone delete posts from now on until this matter is cleared.

Bloo
20th February 2008, 02:01 PM
I think what this community needs is me as a dictator, i'd make a very good dictator. Free bananas for everyone! Down with the censoring pinko-commies! Up with freedom of speech (when I allow it) up with free market economy (as long as i'm CEO of all companies)!

Vote Bloo for Tyrant!

// Off topic I know, delete me if you want! :p

Isphera
20th February 2008, 02:03 PM
Stop deleting posts. Noone delete posts from now on until this matter is cleared.

We already know what the outcome is - you've got every bumboy on your side.

Squizzel
20th February 2008, 02:05 PM
I read the rules in that first post of yours oric......none of the posts hutch put back up broke them

lying dun' help you

they're on his side cause he's right......sucking up to hutch is the last thing most of us would do

Isphera
20th February 2008, 02:10 PM
The rules are;
1. You must actively play WoW.
2. You must follow the layout of the names below.
3. No off-topic posts.

For that thread. Half the posts broke rules one and three. I have now edited two posts to follow rule two. I hope this matter is now resolved.

So if you don't agree with what is there Andy, but agree with what bullshit the red tub of lard comes up with, then you are quite frankly blind.

Bloo
20th February 2008, 02:19 PM
Right, this argument has gone on long enough...

STOP THE FLAMING BULLSHIT ALL OF YOU!

Instead:

"Space hamsters are never wrong!" Discuss.

Under 500 words please.

ez64
20th February 2008, 02:39 PM
Posting in legendary thread ^&^.

Chazlene
20th February 2008, 02:45 PM
Oric, the fact that some people broke your silly little rules isn't the point, we're saying your rules shouldn't exist in the first place, because they just mean people won't like you and won't post in the WoW forum, you're just making it worse for yourself by deleting posts. I couldn't give a toss really if someone was slightly off topic in the WoW forum.

Isphera
20th February 2008, 03:00 PM
..because they just mean people won't like you...

You know I don't care if people dislike me for what I do.

Squizzel
20th February 2008, 03:16 PM
you don't care what people think........that's why you're insecure and delete all the posts that are even slightly anti WoW is it?

Isphera
20th February 2008, 03:33 PM
No, it allows me to do what I want to without the pressure of critisism affecting my judgement.

Hutch
20th February 2008, 05:09 PM
Now we have you creating accounts, and using them to vote in order to save your reputation, that is sad. Amusarne with email address amusarne@gmail.com, posted using the SAME IP as you, that is a coincedence seeing as you posted at around the same period of time.

Pheonix
20th February 2008, 05:32 PM
Now we have you creating accounts, and using them to vote in order to save your reputation, that is sad. Amusarne with email address amusarne@gmail.com, posted using the SAME IP as you, that is a coincedence seeing as you posted at around the same period of time.

lmao... yeh my post got edited and i only said i got bored with it, but i still posted my WoW stats.

Isphera
20th February 2008, 05:37 PM
lmao... yeh my post got edited and i only said i got bored with it, but i still posted my WoW stats.

On that fact, what was your toon's name.

Pheonix
20th February 2008, 05:43 PM
Pheonix lol, yeh i dont change my name much

Isphera
20th February 2008, 05:47 PM
Ok, post has been corrected.

Chalex4
20th February 2008, 08:07 PM
Wow, I don't visit the forum for the day and this happens.

I do think that editing threads so they go in the direction that you wish should definitely not be done on this forum, especially when deleting posts also reduces the post counts for members who posted in that thread. Forums are all about discussing, but also about variation which is why digressing from the topic is allowed. If people are going too off topic, then someone should just say "Please guys get back on topic", you should never, ever start deleting posts on this forum. Deleting threads as a whole with the reason "cleanup", is a very silly idea, for similar reasons as before. Just because you now feel like that a certain thread is useless, it should still be kept since there are always people who will search the forum months/years later trying to find a certain post. It wouldn't help if it had been deleted.

Well, since at the time of posting, 11 people wish you to have your moderator removed, I have gone and removed it (and set your user title back to the default!).

Hutch
20th February 2008, 08:13 PM
Well, Darkdeagle will be happy.

Isphera
20th February 2008, 08:32 PM
Super zoom glasses to those who didn't see that crap decision coming.

Squizzel
20th February 2008, 08:42 PM
we all saw the right decision coming from miles off.....good day to you

ez64
20th February 2008, 08:44 PM
I voted no just because I dont want to conform infact im such a non conformist im gonna vote yes. :)

Mr.Big
20th February 2008, 08:46 PM
uh right i wasent going to vote, don't count my vote

Snerfs
20th February 2008, 09:34 PM
why vote? for the simple reason not to is because when someone makes a decision and argues it enough, its obviously gonna happen. always does...