PDA

View Full Version : Now Band-ing

eStevo
3rd March 2008, 10:18 PM
I'm currently in a make of a band which have 3 guitarists (I'm rhythm) and a female vocals who are currently starting to think of songs to cover at the mo (the band mates are me mates from that pic lol). We have plans to cover 2 Paramore songs at he mo
Our band have a mix of bands that we like. The Vocalist is a big MCR and Paramore fan. Our Lead is a fan of Dragonforce and All That Remains. I'm a fan of Lostprophets and The Used and the other guitarist is a fan of Slipknot and Korn. But we all are fans of Bullet for My Valentine . It shows that we have a mix of diffferent bands and could cover songs from these bands.
So see if we can be successful lol xD

Hutch
3rd March 2008, 10:25 PM
Create a myspace page, and put up some songs for us to hear!
Sounds good if the lead is into Dragonforce and the singer into MCR, both good role models for those parts.

eStevo
3rd March 2008, 10:47 PM
Create a myspace page, and put up some songs for us to hear!

We're just currently thinking of song selection at the mo but you suggest some songs if you want lol :P

Isphera
4th March 2008, 08:52 AM
If you have a female vocalist, do Misery Business - Paramore. That should work well. Another idea is that when you have properly learnt a song, get someone to record you practicing and put it on YouTube.

VoX
4th March 2008, 05:24 PM
Good luck, it's bloody hard to get off the ground with a band.

Word of advice: write you own songs mainly, only use covers to practice a certain style.

Snerfs
4th March 2008, 05:40 PM
www.myspace.com/firesofcaladan

my bands myspace, 1st song is a crap recording
2nd is a rogh copy from 1 guitarist
3rd done on Guitar Pro

Isphera
8th March 2008, 11:26 PM
We're just currently thinking of song selection at the mo but you suggest some songs if you want lol :P

Another suggestion would be (and I have a hunch this is probably going to get me slapped by a few people) do some of Avril Lavigne's old songs (i.e Pre-Best Damn Thing), such as Take Me Away and Nobody's Home - again coming from the perspective that you have a female vocalist.

eStevo
9th March 2008, 10:00 AM
Here's a little update from yesterday........

We now got a female drummer and we could reduce the amount of guitarists to 2 but We'll keep me on rhythm and me mate who's doing lead but We'll have a bassist
We are going to possibly cover Bring Me to Life by Evannscence and also American Idiot by Green Day
And Finally, with a list of possible Paramore songs we could do we'll be researching a load of songs by them from Riot! and All We Know is Falling and then We'll decide which Paramore songs we're going to do

eStevo
16th March 2008, 12:29 AM
After another few days we could be doing a Sum 41 song most likely In Too Deep, maybe a MCR Song most likely I'm Not Okay or Welcome to the Black Parade and a Avril Lavigue song maybe Sk8er Boi but something from her old album and not the crap album with Girlfriend

Hutch
16th March 2008, 12:40 AM
I agree with that, her old album is alot less commercially crap lol. Sum41 are good. Not that fond of MCR anymore, but I'm not ok would be pretty cool to play.

Isphera
16th March 2008, 11:46 AM
and a Avril Lavigue song maybe Sk8er Boi but something from her old album and not the crap album with Girlfriend

Damn Straight. Bought the new album when it came out, and I was very unhappy and felt ripped off :(

eStevo
28th March 2008, 12:32 AM
Here's another update
We had our first band practice and I'm now doing Bass which is easy to play and so we did a bit of Wild Thing and then a Bit of American Idiot
We're going to make a list of bands that we want to cover and then we're all going to look at the song and decide which one to cover.
The only definents at the mo is That's What You Get by Paramore and maybe In Too Deep by Sum 41 and Sk8er Boi by Avril Lavigue

VoX
28th March 2008, 06:50 PM
I'm now doing Bass which is easy to play...

Play for a couple more years and try funk instead, then say that again :p.

Rock is seriously fun to play but it doesn't realy stretch me, funk is great cause you sort of play a main/lead part. Muse have a couple of decent songs you should try learning on bass such as Hysteria and Time is Running Out.

spawnofebil
28th March 2008, 10:26 PM
You should learn some Squarepusher songs on bass. The man is fucking mental.

Vicious Horizon
29th March 2008, 01:50 PM
Hutch, i have lost all respect for you. MCR? ARE YOU MAD?

Hutch
29th March 2008, 02:30 PM
I said im not fond of MCR, and I'm not ok is a pretty song to be able to play... as it requires some skill to play, and seems to match up to what they are into and the level of their band.

Vicious Horizon
29th March 2008, 02:50 PM
I only saw your first post xD My bad.
I'm in a band right now, my problem is commitment xD