PDA

View Full Version : Passed Driving Test!

Chalex4
2nd April 2008, 04:29 PM
Just took my first driving test today and I am happy to say that I passed!!. I had 5 minors which apparently is good for your first test, and of course no majors, which makes me happy :p.

Anyway, for those of you that thought I would fail, even after having lessons for ages, IN YOUR FACE lol.

w00p

Snerfs
2nd April 2008, 04:59 PM
gz chalex

Chazlene
2nd April 2008, 05:19 PM
Nice one, well I knew you're too much of a perfectionist to fail. :p

Calneon
2nd April 2008, 05:32 PM
5 Minors? Disgraceful.

JOKE! GRATZ!

ez64
2nd April 2008, 05:40 PM
gz on passing ive got to pass in slough /sigh

taking my theory on the 15th of april ive had no real use for the car yet so I left it until ive driven a lot ive got about 150 hours now of driving so im pro now :)

just out of interest chalex what cooler are you using for that Q6600 for it to be stable at 3.6, I think im just going to use a Thermaright 120 extreme air for now then get 2 radiator's and water cooling for my CPU/Chipset in my cube case when ive got the money ^&^

eg whats your cooler and whats your load/idle temps?

and mitch when do I go watercooling what ones do you reccomend ive got endless case space could probably fit 3 or 4 of the 3*120mm fan radiators dedicated to the cpu/chipset alone.(Q6600 some nice 1066 ram and a x48 gigabyte board) what have you got when you get to 4ghz?

/threadsteal sorry :)

Chalex4
2nd April 2008, 05:55 PM
Cheers guys :D.

EZ64, I am using the Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme CPU Cooler (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-039-TR) with a Scythe S-FLEX fan (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-005-SY&groupid=701&catid=57&subcat=4). I have the fan pulling air into the heatsink from the front of the case. At 3.6GHz I have an average idle CPU temp of about 36C and full load is about 60C. Those temps are with my case's fans on medium. However, since my Antec 900 draws so much air into the case, dust builds up quickly on the HS, so I am at 3.4GHz so that I don't have to clean out the dust as often. At the moment I am at 32C idle and around 55C load (maybe less), but I haven't cleaned out my case for about 2 weeks. I seem to remember that when my HS was free of dust, I was at 29C idle at 3.4GHz.

Also, you may wish to consider lapping your HS since that particular model is often curved on the base, meaning that there may not be full contact with the CPU. Because of this I have heard of people with differences of up to 10C between the cores. Luckily my HS is almost perfect so it doesn't need lapping and the maximum difference between I get between my cores is about 1/2C, but that is often due to them having different load on them anyway. Also, my Q6600 has the lowest VID you can get (1.2v), so my processor is very easy to overclock.

EDIT: added more information.

ez64
2nd April 2008, 06:02 PM
Nice im getting the G0 stepping 10w less core and ill probably lap it.

1.2v is pretty damn impressive.

ive got the same cooler and got a proper delta fan as well as the scythe

the scythe at 67cfm for general use and there will be 4 of them over my case

when im heavily overclocking ill use the delta 220cfm fan which is mental hopefully will get a nice 3.8 out of that fan maybe 4ghz for a short time until I go to dual/quad radiator for the cpu/chipset alone and hopefully get a 4ghz stable im prime95 ^&^

theres not much point in clocking from 3.6 to 3.8 but I do it because I can :) tis the ultimate lan game.

Chalex4
2nd April 2008, 06:05 PM
One thing to note is that I had the RAM you have now, and it didn't help my overclocking at all. I now have much better RAM and they are a pleasure to overclock.

Mr.Big
2nd April 2008, 09:36 PM
i know the basics (methinks xD) but this is like ur talking japanease i cant even spell that right haha, but can any1 explain, or send me link to thread :) me wuld be greatfull xD

ez64
2nd April 2008, 10:01 PM
One thing to note is that I had the RAM you have now, and it didn't help my overclocking at all. I now have much better RAM and they are a pleasure to overclock.

I dont really want to OC ram the results arent that good even in 3dmark like a couple points.

I just went for some Dominator 4gb (2x2gb) 5-5-5 15 at 1066 so I can really tighten the timings and run it separate from teh FSB/CPU OC.

What ram you got now.

Chalex4
2nd April 2008, 10:15 PM
I have the G.Skill 4GB DDR2 PQ PC2-8000C5 (2x2GB) CAS5 Dual Channel Kit (http://overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-022-GS). Runs like a dream :). Remember that by clicking "Chalex4's PC Specs" on the left it shows you my specs ;).

ez64
2nd April 2008, 10:28 PM
Oops forgot about that one.

Couldnt decide between the x48 DFI and the Gigabyte x48, what finnaly clinched it is that on the DFI they were really short sighted and there "custom" nortbridge cooler is too big for the Thermalright 120 or other big coolers to fit horizontal on the board so your fans have to point up which is really really stupid and is going to badly effect the temps on air.

Isphera
2nd April 2008, 10:39 PM
It took you way too long....

Chalex4
3rd April 2008, 01:09 PM
In my opinion the X48 isn't worth the extra money over the X38 that I have. I am using the Asus Maximus Formula Intel X38 (http://overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-253-AS) and it is very easy to overclock with and even has built-in overclocking features to make it match the speed of a faster processor. I have seen a lot of threads on the OC forums about people looking to buy an X48, but 99% of the time they end up getting an X38 because of them being basically identical.

Darkeagle
3rd April 2008, 05:09 PM
Lol from Driving test to more computor gobbaldy goop

VoX
3rd April 2008, 05:52 PM
How much RAM can you use on a 32 bit OS before you need to go to 64 bit?

Chalex4
3rd April 2008, 05:54 PM
Indeed Darkeagle, instead of just posting more and more random questions in here, please create your own thread.

Once you have done that VoX I will gladly answer your question.