I know that the idea of having an ATK clan has been on the agenda for a long time, but before we get ahead of ourselves, I would like to voice some of my ideas.

In my opinion, creating a clan called (for example) "Symposium of Socrates (SOS)" which would act as the main clan of the community in TF2/CSS wouldn't be such a clever idea, as people wouldn't easily know if there were ATK or not. I also feel that it would split the community up a little too much, complicating things with new tags and websites. There is also no guarantee that it would keep going for long enough, this was the problem with WAGS.

So, here is my proposition. Instead of creating a new clan and making it the "official" clan for the community, we should simply create ATK Gaming Teams. For example, ATK CSS Team #1 which would be the best of the best CSS players from within the community.

Like a clan, we would have a roster and separate sub-forums with a leader of that specific team, but it would also be backed up by the rest of the community, with me as the main admin. This is NOT to say that I would be in the clan at all, but I am there as the link for setting up servers and forums. The clan would be 99% managed by the designated team leader, not me.

This would also mean that we could have more than 1 team for a game, e.g. ATK CSS Team #2 for CSS with someone else in charge and a different roster. This would allow more members from the community who aren't necessarily the best at a certain game, to still take part.

In terms of servers, this would come into effect when we have the infrastructure for separate match servers. At the moment, getting a dedicated server seems like the best way to do this. Some of you may be thinking that we will never be able to afford one, but DCH is offering us a good dual core server with 2GB of RAM for about £150 every 3 months which is very affordable (competitors sell this SAME server for £170 every MONTH).