Thread: Adware.

Adware.

Hmm, i did have adware a while ago, but it seemed to go away. But after my computer crashed (twice) it's come back. Whats the easiest free way to get rid of adware which doesn't replace it with spyware? XD
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Midge18 Steam ID: Midge18

Re: Adware.

try getting ad-aware 2007, been using it for like 3 years or so (the previous ones obv) and ive never had a problem, its a good lil program

Forgot the link: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/products/ad_aware_free.php
    Last edited by Midge; 10th May 2008 at 11:27 AM.

Thanks Midge, i'll give it a go.
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Hmm, i was about to type "Ok, it worked, it found my adware" Until i just got a popup saying that I should download anti-spyware or i would die." May be those trackers that it couldn't get rid of.

The older versions of adaware (pre 2005) were very decent but the new version is just flashy laggy crap that whores resources like the russians in winter.

hijackthis and spy bot S&D are now the better products where it used to be the other way around.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: directdrivex

uh i use spybot S&D it works great
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Being a pirate is not illegal VoX, you just have to be a bit mad to do it. I for one love Mr.Big for who he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oricalcos View Post
    And no Mr. Big, I will not buy every single module in T2 form just because I have exuberant amounts of liquid capital
    Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    @ Vox its not worth buying Ass Creed 2 its more of the same just "Mr Big" it and then buy BC2

be careful with this, it takes up a lot of background usage, so while playin games, expect lag

Thread Information