Thread: BF2 Demo

BF2 Demo

I like to try before i buy, but this is taking the mick, i've tried everything on the net and it doesn't help.
    I'm too lazy to resize it.

Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: gkgary

Re: BF2 Demo

Vista? Patch it?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Vista? Install XP?

Vista? lol

I'm not sure if this will work because it's a demo but try downloading the v1.41 patch and see if that works.

EDIT: You have a tiny monitor if it only runs 1024x640! Also, after SP1 Vista don't look too bad.

EDIT2: The error is with DirectX9, if you have Vista I can only assume that you have DirectX10, try re-installing the demo and don't skip the DirectX setup. Also, where did you get this demo from?
    Last edited by VoX; 11th May 2008 at 01:55 PM.

Cant remember where i got it from. My monitor is a laptop one, i normally have it at a higher res, but the new Graphics drivers reset it. And i'll reinstall, good idea.
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

lol, its amazing how many things can be fixed on a computer by:

Turning on/off
    Reinstalling
    Hitting with a large Hammer

17:42 - Colonel Mitch |ATK|: DE IS NOT A NOOB

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: bloodeck

Dungeon Runner AND Dungeon Siege on your monitor, I applaud your taste in hack 'n slash!

And I also see AlienwareGUIse, I thought that only worked on XP, however saying that, in the program files for it there is a Vista install exe.

Any luck?

Haven't tryed yet, been a little busy

@ Bloo: Wouldn't have it any other way XD (Notice the Dungeon Siege Expansion too)

Gamer IDs

Aye, Dungeon Siege is a wonderful game to play with a few folks over the internet, you can sit back and relax while the fight rages on while talking to the other blokes in the party. (Except the chicken dungeon, oh dear gods not the chicken dungeon...).

LOL! Chicken dungeon is amazing! I remember, i used the editor to make a 1337 bow, and then i went on MP and kicked them all to death XD

Gamer IDs

I did the chicken dungeon with 4 other folks on veteran (or elite, can't remember). You can get by on potions most of the time, but with this everyone who was skilled in nature magic was stuck using healing winds over and over. But I got an awesome piece of armour in the end, and looked quite fetching in it.
    Last edited by Bloo; 13th May 2008 at 05:18 PM.

Well, bought the full game, and I still get a D3D error, slightly different this time, but is my chipset graphics thing just too weak?

(Does it have anything to do with it not having Transform and Lighting?)

Thread Information