Thread: Internet.

Internet.

Wow, i seem to flood this forum ;D

I've checked google, but nothing is my problem.

When i'm sitting downstairs (my router is upstairs) I can't connect to the router unless I sit there for 30 minutes, the error is "There was a timeout" and I cant do anything about it. Though if i sit next to the router with my laptop, it can connect fine.. It annoys me because i keep it downstairs and its a pain walking up then down every time i want to use it >.<''
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Re: Internet.

Its pretty simple, your router is probably a old B/G standard non MIMO wireless router. Your floors maybe concrete between them or one of the million possiblitys of EMI.

Options

A. buy a wireless extender stick it downstairs.

B. buy a MIMO wireless router, reccomendation Netgear DG834PN (solution may not solve the problem as the EMI maybe too strong but this exact router covers from the 3rd story, all the way round the house, on the bottom floors through think walls and floors. It also reaches to the bottom of my garden, which is another couple hundred meters and outside the front of the house.)

C. connect via a wire.

D. try and find any strong EMI points, aka hoover, halogen light, radio etc...

E. Move the router downstairs.

F. shout this is sparta.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

G. Send your technology to the charity shop and become a hobo.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

I'd just buy a wire if I was you since you'll get a better connection, all the computers in our house are wired to our router, and believe me, drilling through a floor is easier than you think.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

Well, most of those are done anyway, and it's only my computer thats being messed around. And my dad'll wipe me out if i make a big point point of the annoyance.. We did have a netgear, but my mum's laptop was having trouble with it for a random reason, and we switched to the old router we had in our attic. My Dad was saying something about moving the router downstairs, then i wouldn't have blinky green lights in my room at night XD
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

Check out this if you want to boost your Wi-Fi connection in a certain direction.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: bloodeck

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Horizon View Post
    then i wouldn't have blinky green lights in my room at night XD
    I've got blinking blue nights in my room at night, it doesn't do anything to you at all really. Nope. Oooh, look half the smiley faces are blue! :eek:

... Sorry.... I just felt like saying that.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Bloo just likes Blue.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Thread Information