Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATK Radio: Offline

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

ATK Radio: Offline

I regret to inform you that we have decided to shutdown ATK Radio until further notice. This is because of the potential legal issues that could arise from broadcasting copyrighted music. Using shoutcast without a licence is 100% illegal, if we were to be caught without a licence, however small our radio is, we would face a fine that we wouldn't be able to afford. It is true that we may not be caught, but that is a risk that I am not willing to take.

Of course, there was the option to pay a fee per month. However, after weighing up ATK's goals at the moment, it was decided that the money would be better spent elsewhere where it would benefit more people.

I am sorry that some of you never had the chance to DJ, but there is always the possibility that it will be awoken again, when there are enough subscriptions to make paying for the licence a viable option.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

Re: ATK Radio: Offline

Suck my big fat hairy balls. Now we just have a TS server.

Oh shame, cant we get a new forum add-on somthing cool and new! i will try and fing something as an example

Quote Originally Posted by Oricalcos View Post
    Suck my big fat hairy balls. Now we just have a TS server.
    Well we have 4 other server but I don't think anyone has ever noticed them .

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Midge18 Steam ID: Midge18

thats coz no1 plays HnS (it kinda sucks after a while), fun maps are fun until u get sum guy intent on smashing glass from ur own team, COD4 i have no idea!! alot of people do play TF2 tho...

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: directdrivex

wait, cant we have a radio (well so not much of a radio) that needs like a password to connect, and dont show wich song is playing xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Being a pirate is not illegal VoX, you just have to be a bit mad to do it. I for one love Mr.Big for who he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oricalcos View Post
    And no Mr. Big, I will not buy every single module in T2 form just because I have exuberant amounts of liquid capital
    Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    @ Vox its not worth buying Ass Creed 2 its more of the same just "Mr Big" it and then buy BC2

i will say this, what will i get if i so happen to donate a radio that i am paying for monthly

In Your Internet, Stealing Your Bandwidth

It won't be used as even though we do not own it, DJs are still liable.

wat dose that mean???

It means the DJ's are held responsible, not strictly the provider (Chalex)
    Take that ya one-eyed, bomb-lobbin', cactus eatin', pot bellied, thug fat jigglin-chicken whoopin' big, back-stabbin lob-armed creepy spastic bloody, blind-eyed pashy little twitchy pickle-headed rocke- hoppin, potato-poppin' phony two-faced stealthy mutant bastard!

well. i say it is all hutches fault, cause if u buy a shotcast and pay monthly you are kinda pay Copyright costs.

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Quote Originally Posted by silentlord.2008 View Post
    well. i say it is all hutches fault, cause if u buy a shotcast and pay monthly you are kinda pay Copyright costs.
    Really, stop blaming Hutch for everything. He is banned, he has had no input on this matter.

Even if you pay monthly for a shoutcast server, you are still not paying for the required licence to broadcast copyrighted content. This is exactly what we were doing, just because you are offering us another shoutcast server it doesn't mean that we don't have to pay the licencing costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by Chalex4 View Post
    Really, stop blaming Hutch for everything. He is banned, he has had no input on this matter.

Even if you pay monthly for a shoutcast server, you are still not paying for the required licence to broadcast copyrighted content. This is exactly what we were doing, just because you are offering us another shoutcast server it doesn't mean that we don't have to pay the licencing costs.
    +1, senseless bashing and the licencing costs are what really get you not the shoutcast server software fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalex4 View Post

1) i am not always blaming hutch, but if he is banned then how can he spam teamspeak and still be able to veiwer the forum.

2) you are payting part of the Copyright for songs when you pay monthly, because a small sum of £3.50 x that by 12 months you get £42 but then x that buy around 12 years you get £504 that is just a part for the (C) licences

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

Quote Originally Posted by silentlord.2008 View Post
    1) i am not always blaming hutch, but if he is banned then how can he spam teamspeak and still be able to veiwer the forum.

2) you are payting part of the Copyright for songs when you pay monthly, because a small sum of £3.50 x that by 12 months you get £42 but then x that buy around 12 years you get £504 that is just a part for the (C) licences
    1) What the hell does that have to do with the radio?

2) .... I don't understand.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Thread Information