After much deliberation over getting ourselves a new site design, Chazlene and I decided to make the new site ourselves.

Almost every colour on the forum has changed, with many graphics getting a complete facelift. Chazlene and I have gone through many different versions to get to this point, and I strongly believe that we have the right mix of colours, graphics and features, without putting off the average ATK member.

There have been some other exciting changes as well, in terms of the content and structure of the site. On the homepage you will see an "About ATK" box, with information to help visitors who visit the site understand what we are about more quickly. In the future many more slides will be added, with more general information also being featured.

There is also a news ticker box with live updates from the following locations:

• Digg - Technology
  • Digg - Games
  • 1UP
  • CVG
  • BBC - Technology
  • Kotaku (requested by Siepie)
  • GameSpot - Previews (requested by Daemon)
  • GameSpot - Reviews (requested by Daemon)

If you have a site that you visit regularly and would like us to add their feed to our site, please let us know below.

There is also a brand new sidebar on the forum index. This will allow you to navigate the site much more easily, without having to refer to the homepage every time you want to find a link. There is also space for advertising which should help to boost the amount of money we have available to spend each month on improving the Community.

You may also have noticed that the Shoutbox location has been changed, and can now only be found here. This is because it was cluttering up the homepage and some people were finding that it wouldn't properly load for them in that location.

The new design was a huge joint effort by both Chazlene and I, and we have been working solidly for a whole day. This is by no means the end of the updates to the site, and we have many more areas of the site we would like to expand and improve over the coming days and weeks.

Let us know what you think below!