Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camping at i34 & EAS

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: chalex4 Steam ID: chalex4

Camping at i34 & EAS

I was a little shocked when I saw this just a few minutes ago:

You WILL need a security band to set up your tent. We will endeavor to get check-in set up as early as possible on Thursday so you can get set up, but we can't guarantee this before 6pm. Every effort will be made to make that earlier though.
    From the above it seems that you have to have EAS to even get into the camping area and set up your tent. If you don't have EAS you won't be allowed to pitch until Friday since you won't be able to check-in until then!!! Here is some more info:

The key difference between Newbury and Stoneleigh is scale. At Newbury the events pretty much took over the entire site, as such there wasn't any problem with people turning up 'whenever' during the day, despite the event not officially opening to the public until 6pm.

At Stoneleigh, whilst the event is larger, the site is massive, there is the potential for other things to be going on. As such we're taking the precaution of protecting the campsite for your benefit. Unfortunately as a result this means we can't just let anyone in We're looking into all the options and I'm sure an appropriate solution will be found.
    This is the thread with the details in. Luckily I have EAS already, but it is a shame that you have to have it just to set up tents on Thursday.
    Quote Originally Posted by ez64
    chalex has so much control we control ourselves

Re: Camping at i34 & EAS

good thing i havnt booked my train ticket then isnt it? so i now need to book it for friday? thats sucks, cos it means im probabs gonna miss the start of the fuckin event, ffs, other things going on, thats just gay and racist to me

Gamer IDs

Yeah, it's a real shame about this, but I can see why Multiplay are doing it. Just to let you all know the price of EAS:

Early Arrival Service - This service costs £15.00 (including VAT @ 17.5%). - here
    Hopefully those of us with EAS will be able to grab enough space for all of our tents. Unfortunately, over 1000 people going to i34 have EAS, so it will definitely be busy. How many of you actually have EAS now?

ffs im not paying £15.00 just cos Multiplay are being real asses about it -.-

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BrokenMC Steam ID: isphera

I cant be fucked either. Ill turn up on Friday. Im not paying 15 quid to simply park my van in the car park for a day.

EDIT - From what I gather though, the car park will be open, so I might be Ok, since I am sleeping in there.
    EDIT2 - I may just pay for it. Who else is getting it though. I'll decide when I know that.
    Last edited by Isphera; 18th July 2008 at 01:54 AM.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

TBH im just gunna go on thursday anyway. it doesnt specifically say u need eas to set up and i dont think theyll just turn you away if u dont have anywhere to go. its not practical for me chris and freddie to come down friday morning and its not worth £15 to have like 4 hours on thursday night. if worst comes to worst well wait till midnight to check in xD

What time are we all going to aim to arrive in light of this utter bullocks.

4/5pm?

Gamer IDs

If I get EAS, I'm gunna get there on thursday early afternoon. Get a good space in the car park.

If I dont, I'm gunna get there on thursday late afternoon, get a not so good but still ok space in the car park.
    Last edited by Isphera; 18th July 2008 at 01:58 AM.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Pierd1989

me crhis n freddie will proably get there bout 7pm.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: chazlene

So I'm guessing it's not too late to pay for EAS? I'll probably get it, I don't want to set out on Friday and turn up having missed half of the first day, and it's safer to have it than turning up without EAS and not being allowed in.

EDIT: Oric, your van is a life saver. Without it we wouldn't have anywhere to put our stuff if anything goes wrong.
    Last edited by Chazlene; 18th July 2008 at 11:19 AM.
    "If at first you don't succeed, spend a lot of money to have a professional do it for you."

My Battlelog

Gamer IDs

You mean community members can put stuff in it. If I get EAS, will everyone chip in for it, since I am keeping your stuff safe, jks.

i agree with piers, they cant really turn you away if you turn up without EAS on the thursday. Stayin up till midnight isnt a bad idea like not like i will sleep during the weekend.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197977918917

I agree with Chaz, £15 isn't too much to pay to guarantee you get a space, and can set up early and be ready to go early on friday.

i7 920@3.8 | GTX280 | HAF 932 | 6GB | Corsair 520W
    Hazro 24" | Logitech Illuminated | G500 | Creative 2.0 | Nikon D3100

Gamer IDs

I will probably turn up around 4pm, but I will confirm that closer to the date. I don't think there is much point turning up any earlier, since check-in may not be available until 6pm.

I agree that they won't eject you from the venue if you don't have EAS, however security will be set up around the perimeter of the camping area to ensure noone without a wrist band gets in for security reasons. So, if you guys are turning up on Thursday without EAS you will have to spend a night in the car park or some other green space .

Its a tad gay though, as when I payed for EAS I understoood it to be the old newbury way where you turn up at 12pm and have a piss around and setup tents until check in time

Thread Information